ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

remarry same person twice in pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NZama1

remarry same person twice in pakistan

Post by NZama1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:32 am

Im in a situation where i have married my 2nd wife in pakistan without obtaining a uk decree absolute from my first wife as the divorce i obtained from my 1st wife was from the union council in pakistan, on the belief that this would be sufficient and accepted by the immigration authorities

would it not be possible to remarry 2nd wife in pakistan then apply for a spouse visa, instead of applying for a fiance visa, registring the marriage in uk then applying for a spouse visa. The first option would save time and money as you could skip the fiance step??

Can you remarry the 2nd wife in pakistan if technically at the time you were not free to marry her due to not having a uk divorce certificate? although I did have pakistan divorce certificate from union council

adnan111
Member of Standing

Re: remarry same person twice in pakistan

Post by adnan111 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:38 am

If one of you lives in Pakistan permanently then you could get a divorce from the courts there and it will be accepted here.

You cannot remarry your wife in Pakistan as Islamic law does not allow remarriage to the same person and also there is no concept of civil marriage there for muslims, however once you get your divorce in UK your marriage in Pakistan will be accepted here even if it took place before the divorce here. There would not be any need to go down the fiancé route.
Last edited by adnan111 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:43 am

NZama1

Post by NZama1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:58 am

Hi,
Ive recently received a refusal of entry clearence letter following my spouse visa application with the following reason

ECO Decision,

In your appendix 2 you have stated that your sponsor was previously married to a dual national of britain and pakistan. to evidence that this marriage has been dissolved you have submitted a divorce certificate issued by the union council in pakistan.
As your sponsors previous spouse was british your sponsor is required to submit a decree absolute issued by a uk court.

I am not satisfied that your sponsor was free to marry and that your marriage is vald. I therefore refuse your application.

My first marriage was with a british national and we went to pakistan to get married, we subsequently seperated and my first wife went to pakistan to issue divorve proceeding through the courts in pakistan as that is where we married. she obtained the official divorce from pakistan. After i recieved the divorce, I then remarried in pakistan and applied for spouse visa, however the ECO is not accpting the divorce from pakistan.

Unsure how to best proceed?
Should i appeal and state that i have now applied for a decree absolute (uncontested) in the uk and that this document is pending, or is it better to make a fresh spouse application and submit the decree absolute with it.
Also adnan111, you say that you have been legally advised that the once i recieive my uk divorce then my 2nd marriage would be recognised as valid. could you let me know who the legal advisor was so i can contact him/her.

Thankyo

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:09 am

You will lose appeal get the decree absolute first and then apply.

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:17 am

I got advice from one of the Band 1 firm who are supposed to know what they are doing, I am not sure I can mention its name here, but here is the link to Chambers law firms guide and ranking link removed

Mrs Shah
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs Shah » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:05 pm

Yes

Mrs Shah
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs Shah » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:07 pm

NZama1 wrote:Im in a situation where i have married my 2nd wife in pakistan without obtaining a uk decree absolute from my first wife as the divorce i obtained from my 1st wife was from the union council in pakistan, on the belief that this would be sufficient and accepted by the immigration authorities

would it not be possible to remarry 2nd wife in pakistan then apply for a spouse visa, instead of applying for a fiance visa, registring the marriage in uk then applying for a spouse visa. The first option would save time and money as you could skip the fiance step??

Can you remarry the 2nd wife in pakistan if technically at the time you were not free to marry her due to not having a uk divorce certificate? although I did have pakistan divorce certificate from union council
Plzzz if you can tell what happened to ur case. Did u apply again. I m in the same boat same story. So plzz tell me what's the best solution. Becoz we can't remarry it's against Pakistan law.

sunnyhuni
Newly Registered

Post by sunnyhuni » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:39 pm

Hi

I am in the same situation can you please advise what did you do
as my wife visa is refused on the same grounds that my divorce was not finalized when i married my 2nd wife.

did you goto re marry in pakistan? or did you followed the Fiancee via,

Please reply as soon as possible .

sunnyhuni
Newly Registered

Post by sunnyhuni » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:03 am

adnan111 wrote:I got advice from one of the Band 1 firm who are supposed to know what they are doing, I am not sure I can mention its name here, but here is the link to Chambers law firms guide and ranking link removed
Hi Adnan,

Can you please give me the name of the laywer or contact number so that i can contact them my wife visa is refused and im considering the appeal can you please help.
i spoke with a few solicitors and they advised to re marry in pakistan.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:54 am

sunnyhuni wrote:
adnan111 wrote:I got advice from one of the Band 1 firm who are supposed to know what they are doing, I am not sure I can mention its name here, but here is the link to Chambers law firms guide and ranking link removed
Hi Adnan,

Can you please give me the name of the laywer or contact number so that i can contact them my wife visa is refused and im considering the appeal can you please help.
i spoke with a few solicitors and they advised to re marry in pakistan.
Kindly refrain from digging up topics from 2015. Continue in your own topic you already have. Also, any contact details or names of solicitors or members are not permitted to be posted on the forum and will be removed and the user issued a warning.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.