ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS appointment in Dec-question about employment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LondonStrawberry

NCS appointment in Dec-question about employment

Post by LondonStrawberry » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:50 pm

Dear Members,
I have NCS appointment in second week of December. I had a company at the time of my 1st extension but later on due to some reasons I sold that company, I was sole owner and Director of the company. Since that time I was working as self employed till my ILR (I am not self employed anymore). I am paying my tax in installments. I am employed in a company as well for last four years.
My QUESTION is that in employment section of AN form do I need to tell about my Company and self employment as well?

Best Regards,
A

zzzindagi

Re: NCS appointment in Dec-question about employment

Post by zzzindagi » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:51 pm

At 1.46: You should tick only at employment as currently you are only working as employee. But in the history you should mentioned that you have been working as Self employed as well. Home office only want most recent statement of account and if you have been working in the past then i am not sure whether you have to send any supporting document or not. If your Employer is paying your tax through PAYE and you are going to mention your PAYE Ref, than i personally think it should be enough as your current status is employment and you will be giving your PAYE ref as required in the form. They never asked any document from the Past all they asked is the current documents.

Regards.
ZR

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:39 pm

zzzindagi wrote:At 1.46: You should tick only at employment as currently you are only working as employee. But in the history you should mentioned that you have been working as Self employed as well. Home office only want most recent statement of account and if you have been working in the past then i am not sure whether you have to send any supporting document or not. If your Employer is paying your tax through PAYE and you are going to mention your PAYE Ref, than i personally think it should be enough as your current status is employment and you will be giving your PAYE ref as required in the form. They never asked any document from the Past all they asked is the current documents.

Regards.
Hi zzzindagi
life :)

Thank you for your reply. In the form they are asking for 10 years employment history means I have to provide details of all employments, as I was director of that company and self employed as well. Now I am wondering that whether I need to put director of the company or self employed? This is bit confusing. If you can help me that would be really a kind favour.
Best Regards,
A

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:15 am

If you were a Director of a Limited company, then you weren't self-employed and you should put Director.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:13 pm

Casa wrote:If you were a Director of a Limited company, then you weren't self-employed and you should put Director.
Hi,
Yes you are right. Quick question please, I have lost my self employment letter, HMRC might send me when I started my self employment. I am not self employed anymore. Now I do not remember the starting date. I have appointment with NCS this week if I write an estimated starting date of self employment in my employment section of the form AN would it be alright? Today I called HMRC about starting date and they said they would send a letter can not tell on phone :-(. Please advise
Kind Regards,