ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ket1

Re: FLR(M) waiting times

Post by Ket1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:19 am

my husband did the city and guilds a1 test for his spouse visa first time round
am i right in thinking we can use this for his flr in 2017 or not?
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

xoheb786

Post by xoheb786 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:26 pm

ushafiq84 wrote:Hi there

You passed this test with level C1 so should not have been a problem. However it looks a mistake on Home Office part.

Could you please also confirm if your marks were more than 67 in listening and speaking?

On a seperate note please note that for FRLM application you can can do A1 or above as mentioned by UKBA below.

''Spouse & partner: If you intend to apply under the spouse and partner route you must provide evidence that you have passed the speaking and listening components of a test at level A1 or above. You do not need to demonstrate reading and writing skills. Where a test examines all four components (speaking, listening, reading and writing) you do not need to pass the reading and writing components, you only need to evidence passing the speaking and listening components''.

I have got 80 in speaking and 69 in listening. Appendix O on 5th of April includes Pearson test and it applies on me because I took the test before 5th of April 2015 and submitted application before 5th of November 2015. The Home Office made a mistake because I think they checked Appendix O after 5th of April which doesnt include Pearson test.

zbn84
Newly Registered

Post by zbn84 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:32 pm

maricrisfiel wrote:
babymama wrote:I finally got an email today from the Home Office about my situation after several emails and calls. I also got my case I.D which I have forwarded to my employer (at least now they can get off my back). In all, things are looking up and I am expecting my biometric letter soon.

hey babymama - did your employer asked you for an update on your visa as well?
Hi- do you know what email I can use to get an update on my passport? Its been more than 8 weeks.

viksnid

Post by viksnid » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:33 am

zbn84 wrote:
maricrisfiel wrote:
babymama wrote:I finally got an email today from the Home Office about my situation after several emails and calls. I also got my case I.D which I have forwarded to my employer (at least now they can get off my back). In all, things are looking up and I am expecting my biometric letter soon.

hey babymama - did your employer asked you for an update on your visa as well?
Hi- do you know what email I can use to get an update on my passport? Its been more than 8 weeks.

I would like to know this also as my partners has been 14 weeks and no luck with writing to them

ushafiq84
Newly Registered

Post by ushafiq84 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:36 pm

My Wife timeline

I applied my wife's first FLR (m) on 7th October 2015 by post.

Today (25 November 2015) we have received Biometric id card by post.

My wife appeared in English exam before 5th April 2015 so, we applied with this certificate as we posted our application before 5 November 2015.

Good lunk to everyone who is awaiting.

Thanks
Usman

viksnid

Post by viksnid » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:42 pm

ushafiq84 wrote:My Wife timeline

My wife appeared in English exam before 5th April 2015 so, we applied with this certificate as we posted our application before 5 November 2015.

Thanks
Usman

Was she notified by email or anything?

viksnid

Post by viksnid » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:44 pm

penzee123 wrote:We submitted our application on 12 August and Biometrics On 25th August Since then we haven't heard a word and the eight week deadline is fast closing in.
Does the home office notify you by email or text When they are not deciding an application in 8 week time ????
Starting to worry that they may have sent some correspondence through that got lost en route.
Anyone in similar situation I am so worried and in stress too :mrgreen:

Did you manage to get your visa? I'm still waiting 14 weeks later

ushafiq84
Newly Registered

Post by ushafiq84 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Yes, we received all the usual notifications which everyone else get from UKBA such as biometric enrolment letter and acknowledgement of application after few days since we applied by post.

Thanks
US

viksnid wrote:

Thanks
Usman

viksnid

Post by viksnid » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:24 pm

ushafiq84 wrote:Yes, we received all the usual notifications which everyone else get from UKBA such as biometric enrolment letter and acknowledgement of application after few days since we applied by post.

Thanks
US

viksnid wrote:

Thanks
Usman

Yes we received the acknowledment letter and bio metrics around 24th August but after that nothing.

Was yours dont from Sheffield? I've wrote them a letter and nothing getting scared because it's nearly been 14 weeks now

mangotree
Newly Registered

Post by mangotree » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:35 pm

sherife wrote:Just received a letter today (7 weeks since applying) requesting additional documents, they state in the letter that the new expected decision date is on the 25th of January 2016, another whole 8 weeks!

From reading the posts, it seems applicants get their docs/visas quickly after submitting the additional docs, has anyone who receives a letter requesting additional docs also receive a new expected date? Or should I really expect the decision to be made in another 8 weeks?
After submitting additional documents I had to wait 8 long months for HO to make a decision. It took them too long.

I hope you get a reply quickly.

Keep us informed. Best of luck.

viksnid

Post by viksnid » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:57 am

mangotree wrote:
sherife wrote:Just received a letter today (7 weeks since applying) requesting additional documents, they state in the letter that the new expected decision date is on the 25th of January 2016, another whole 8 weeks!

From reading the posts, it seems applicants get their docs/visas quickly after submitting the additional docs, has anyone who receives a letter requesting additional docs also receive a new expected date? Or should I really expect the decision to be made in another 8 weeks?
After submitting additional documents I had to wait 8 long months for HO to make a decision. It took them too long.

I hope you get a reply quickly.

Keep us informed. Best of luck.

8 months!!!! Did they notify you in-between? That's ridiculous what additional information was it? They've asked for my partners IHS reference number, but because he was from New Zealand he was exempt anyways which was pretty pointless.

riyamukherjee
Newly Registered

Post by riyamukherjee » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:15 pm

Hi all,
I received my biometric card today 29/11/2015 (yes, on a sunday). Spouse visa extended for 30 months. Issued on 26/11/2015. So happy and relieved!

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions and goodluck to those who are waiting for response.
My timeline:

FLR (M) application sent by next day delivery post - 12 Oct
Application received by Home office - 13 Oct
Fee deducted - 15 Oct
Acknowledgement letter received - 21 Oct
Biometric enrolment letter received - 22 Oct
Biometric completed - 26 Oct
Biometric received- 29 November
Passport & other documents received- waiting...

Now time to wait.. Fingers crossed!

xoheb786

Post by xoheb786 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Thanks
Usman

I took Pearson with C1 before 5th of April 2015 and submitted application before 5th of November 2015 but they still refused it by stating " This is not an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages with provider approved by the Secretary of State as shown in appendix O of the immigration rules"

viksnid

Post by viksnid » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:55 pm

riyamukherjee wrote:Hi all,
I received my biometric card today 29/11/2015 (yes, on a sunday). Spouse visa extended for 30 months. Issued on 26/11/2015. So happy and relieved!

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions and goodluck to those who are waiting for response.
My timeline:

Fee deducted - 15 Oct

Hello, was this an extension did you already have an FLR M visa?

viksnid

Post by viksnid » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:58 pm

xoheb786 wrote:

Thanks
Usman

I took Pearson with C1 before 5th of April 2015 and submitted application before 5th of November 2015 but they still refused it by stating " This is not an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages with provider approved by the Secretary of State as shown in appendix O of the immigration rules"

Is there any way you can ask them what English language test to tale? These people people seem to know nothing. I sent them a letter an got the address off them through email to then get an email from post office to say the address is not real and I have to remember deliver it.

riyamukherjee
Newly Registered

Post by riyamukherjee » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:00 am

viksnid wrote:
riyamukherjee wrote:Hi all,

My timeline:

Fee deducted - 15 Oct

Hello, was this an extension did you already have an FLR M visa?

Hi,
I came on spouse visa (33months) from India in 2013 March, and it was valid till Nov 2015. So this was the extension I applied for using FLR (M)

Umar09
Newly Registered

Post by Umar09 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:38 am

Hi all,
Help needed.
Could you pls advise me what documents do I need to send home office for my wife and child FLR(m) visa? Do we need to pay for health care surcharge as well beforehand before posting their applications.?

Many thanks in advance.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

riyamukherjee
Newly Registered

Post by riyamukherjee » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:39 am

Receievd al my documents on Monday 30th Nov.
My timeline:

Fee deducted - 15 Oct
Passport & other documents received- 30Nov

[/quote]

viksnid

Post by viksnid » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:24 pm

FLM submitted: 17.08.2015
Acknowledgement letter and biometrics received: 21.08.2015
Asked for additional information for IHS reference: 21.08.2015
Biometrics and additional information sent IHS reference: 23.08.2015
Biometric card: waiting
Passports and details: waiting
15 week now, wrote two letters to them ringing constantly, pain in the arse!!

:x :x :x

Jax Gondaliya
Newly Registered

Post by Jax Gondaliya » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:36 am

Hi,

I have applied for spouse visa from Mumbai and following is the Timeline

Date of Application in VFS Center: 03-Nov-2015
VFS Center: MUMBAI
Received at High Commission on: 03-Nov-2015
Under Processing Start Date on: 03-Nov-2015
Visa Category: Settlement (Husband)
Any interview date: NONE

takbee
Newly Registered

Post by takbee » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:47 am

I submitted mine from within the UK and received a confirmation letter back on 24/9/15. I did the bio-metric details within the 15 days, but it's been almost 11 weeks. I didn't receive a letter saying they wouldn't get it done within the 8 week period (as stated on their letter). I have written once, no response. I've called about 3 times, they can't help. It's a painful process.

zbn84
Newly Registered

Post by zbn84 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:08 pm

takbee wrote:I submitted mine from within the UK and received a confirmation letter back on 24/9/15. I did the bio-metric details within the 15 days, but it's been almost 11 weeks. I didn't receive a letter saying they wouldn't get it done within the 8 week period (as stated on their letter). I have written once, no response. I've called about 3 times, they can't help. It's a painful process.

Almost the same time period . Applied on 23/09. Gave bio metrics on 07/11. No response since than. Been 11 weeks now.

takbee
Newly Registered

Post by takbee » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:45 pm

zbn84 wrote:
takbee wrote:I submitted mine from within the UK and received a confirmation letter back on 24/9/15. I did the bio-metric details within the 15 days, but it's been almost 11 weeks. I didn't receive a letter saying they wouldn't get it done within the 8 week period (as stated on their letter). I have written once, no response. I've called about 3 times, they can't help. It's a painful process.

Almost the same time period . Applied on 23/09. Gave bio metrics on 07/11. No response since than. Been 11 weeks now.
Hi there :) I was hoping it would come through by the holiday shutdown this month, but after reading this forum I don't hold out much hope on that. The last time I phoned, I was told that a "case manager" received my letter but they couldn't tell me more (as the case managers can't discuss personal cases). Very unhelpful. Did you apply from within the UK too?

viksnid

Post by viksnid » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:45 pm

takbee wrote:
zbn84 wrote:

Hi there :) I was hoping it would come through by the holiday shutdown this month, but after reading this forum I don't hold out much hope on that. The last time I phoned, I was told that a "case manager" received my letter but they couldn't tell me more (as the case managers can't discuss personal cases). Very unhelpful. Did you apply from within the UK too?

Don't even mention letters I wrote them two and they said I've never sent them one.
I applied for mine in the UK and was stated within the 8 week limit for it to be done.
Help line is useless I am a UK citizen and debatin whether to move abroad. This country is so slowand unhelpful!!

takbee
Newly Registered

Post by takbee » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:49 am

Don't even mention letters I wrote them two and they said I've never sent them one.
I applied for mine in the UK and was stated within the 8 week limit for it to be done.
Help line is useless I am a UK citizen and debatin whether to move abroad. This country is so slowand unhelpful!!
[/quote]

I'm Australian and my husband is British. He's moved back here from being in Oz for over 20 years. I must admit...the government system here is antiquated and painful (comparing it to Australia - even down to getting a licence or tax file number / NI number) and immigration from the EU is a huge problem causing loads of problems and discrimination against other non-EU immigrants. Good luck with it. I hope it comes soon for you.