ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK citizenship confirmation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

UK citizenship confirmation

Post by Macro_Run » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:56 pm

An answer is needed for a child application.
Our UK citizenship, will it be confirmed once got the naturalisation approval or
after getting British passport?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: UK citizenship confirmation

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:00 pm

After you have attended your citizenship ceremony.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Thank you very much Casa for your quick info.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:28 pm

You're welcome. Enjoy your ceremony! :)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Macro_Run wrote:An answer is needed for a child application.
Our UK citizenship, will it be confirmed once got the naturalisation approval or
after getting British passport?
Casa, is correctly confirming that UK citizenship takes effect from the date of ceremony when an adult citizen will take the oath & receive their naturalisation certificate;
(certificate dated as day of ceremony).

However a minor (who is registering as a citizen) may, ordinarily, receive their certificate in the mail & it will be dated accordingly.

An older minor (still under 18 years old) may be invited to participate in a naturalisation ceremony by a kindly council official (even at no extra charge);
for example, my daughter was.

The minor will still be a citizen from the date on their certificate (even if they do attend a ceremony at a slightly later date and receive the certificate on that later date).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.