ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sponsor's passport expired

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ana ali

sponsor's passport expired

Post by ana ali » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Can you please tell me? I am going to apply for UK spouse visa but my UK sponsor's (husband) is passport expired . can I submit the certified copy of expired passport along with my documents or Do I need to submit the valid sponsor's passport copy. Please reply me soon. I need your guidance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: sponsor's passport expired

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Is your husband British born? If so, his full birth certificate might be sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ana ali

Post by ana ali » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:48 pm

CR001 wrote:Is your husband British born? If so, his full birth certificate might be sufficient.
He has Pakistani expired passport but he has naturalizations certificate ( British citizenship) .he has no British passport yet. Can we submit the expired Pakistani passport copy .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:20 pm

Your visa is based on either his ILR/Pakistani passport or his British Citizenship. You only need to submit his naturalisation certificate as this supercedes his ILR. No need to send foreign passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ana ali

Post by ana ali » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:14 pm

CR001 wrote:Your visa is based on either his ILR/Pakistani passport or his British Citizenship. You only need to submit his naturalisation certificate as this supercedes his ILR. No need to send foreign passport.
thanks for your information . plaese guide me

the online visa form has questions about sponsor passport issuing and expiry date. can i write that expired date of passport in the form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:16 pm

Yes, should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)