ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info Required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaheeruk

Info Required

Post by zaheeruk » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Hi

I need some information. I got my ILR last november and I think I will be eligible for PR this november. This is a question about my dependents. They are still on Tier 2 dependent visa which expires in April 2016. In order for me to apply for them, should I change their visa to ILR(or ILR dependent) or can I apply their PR directly along with me. I have two kids and one of them was born in UK. Can I apply for his PR directly with me.

Appreciate your help.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Re: Info Required

Post by vignezh » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:06 pm

zaheeruk wrote:Hi

I need some information. I got my ILR last november and I think I will be eligible for PR this november. This is a question about my dependents. They are still on Tier 2 dependent visa which expires in April 2016. In order for me to apply for them, should I change their visa to ILR(or ILR dependent) or can I apply their PR directly along with me. I have two kids and one of them was born in UK. Can I apply for his PR directly with me.

Appreciate your help.
Firstly, I believe when you say PR, you are referring to British Citizenship not Permanent Residence (Otherwise called ILR, Indefinite Leave to Remain, which is what you currently have since Nov 2014).

Yes, they will have to apply and get ILR before eligible for citizenship.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:10 pm

Your UK born child does not need ILR. You can registered him as British citizen now already on form MN1 under section 1(3) because you already have settled status.

Your wife and other child will need ILR before they will be eligible for citizenship (if this is what you mean by PR)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:12 am

CR001 wrote:Your UK born child does not need ILR. You can registered him as British citizen now already on form MN1 under section 1(3) because you already have settled status.

Your wife and other child will need ILR before they will be eligible for citizenship (if this is what you mean by PR)
Thanks for your reply

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi

I talked to a solicitor last week and he said that I need to apply ILR for my son(UK born) before I apply for his naturalization. Please note his current visa expires on 24/04/2016. If I apply now, can he remain in UK after his visa date expires as his naturalization is in process. I'm on ILR and will be applying for naturalization. My son is on Tier 2 Gen Dep visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:26 pm

zaheeruk wrote:Hi

I talked to a solicitor last week and he said that I need to apply ILR for my son(UK born) before I apply for his naturalization. Please note his current visa expires on 24/04/2016. If I apply now, can he remain in UK after his visa date expires as his naturalization is in process. I'm on ILR and will be applying for naturalization. My son is on Tier 2 Gen Dep visa
A child born in the UK does NOT require ILR first, there has been no change in the rules regarding this. A UK born child has an ENTITLEMENT to register as British and WILL NOT have any issue if their visa expires unless you have travel plans.

An application based on entitlement will not be refused.

Your 'solicitor' is wrong about the UK born child. Only a child born abroad is expected to hold ILR before applying for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Thanks.