ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M premium service booking appointment reschedule

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stitaprajna

FLR M premium service booking appointment reschedule

Post by stitaprajna » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:27 pm

My Spouse visa is expiring on 15-mar-16.
I had booked my FLR M premium service appointment on 10-Dec-2015.
But, call centre people told me that since it is before 28 days of my visa expiry, it will be refused and I will have to book a new appointment to a date closer to expiry date.

So, I want to reschedule the appointment from 11-dec-2015 to around 25-feb-16.

But, the booking slots are released only 6 weeks in advance. This means I will have to postpone now for 6 weeks and after about 5 weeks, postpone for another 6 and so on. I may have to do 3 postpones.

Am I allowed to postpone multiple times or are there any limits ?

Are there any charges for postponing ? It is mentioned that
you may need to pay another fee. If you have already paid for your existing appointment, we may not refund the £100 appointment fee per applicant.
This means it costs me some £300 more on top of already way too expensive visa fees.

Would calling the call centre help?
Many Thanks,
Stit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR M premium service booking appointment reschedule

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:40 pm

You shouldn't have a problem applying early.

Why are you apply so far in advance of your visa expiry date? What date was your visa issued and what date did you arrive in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:55 pm

CR001 wrote:Why are you apply so far in advance of your visa expiry date?
We have travel plans and wife will be abroad for few months so we wanted to get the extension earlier. We knew this might affect the ILR application date but we had no choice.
CR001 wrote:What date was your visa issued and what date did you arrive in the UK?
Visa: issued on 15-Jun-13 valid till 15 Jun 16.
CR001 wrote:what date did you arrive in the UK?
First arrived on 31-jul-2013. Left UK in 30-Oct-2013 and came back on Feb 20, 2014 and I am in UK since then.
Many Thanks,
Stit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:58 pm

It should not be an issue if you explain travel plans in the 'additional information section.

Suggest it might be worthwhile to postpone appointment once and then attend early January.

It means you will need another extension to make up the shortfall before qualifying for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.