ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS appointment on 2 Dec - some questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omer2013
United Kingdom

NCS appointment on 2 Dec - some questions

Post by omer2013 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Dear Members,

I've booked appoitment with NCS on 2nd Dec. for naturalization. Can you please advise me on the following points;

1. There is no payment page with this form, where we normally give our card detail. How we will pay the fees £1005? Where we can find the payment slip or the council will have?

2. In 2010, I was away from 27 Oct to 29 Nov. Do I need to mention that the absence of these dates because I am applying on 2nd Dec. and the period of absence should be during the last 5 years.

3. On Page 10, point 1.50 mentions Employment history in UK during the last 10 years. Do I need to mention only employment history on this page? In past, I was self-emplyed for my ILR but they did not ask for self-employed details on page 10 of the form. I have paid all taxes and have no problem to write, if necessary. please do advise me.

4. On page 27, point 7.5, they asked for photocopy of spouse's passport. I did not tick this box because it should be for the applicant wo is applying on the basis marriage and I do not fall in this cateogory. Am I right or wrong?
I did not tick point 7.7 on page 28.Is this correct?

I await for your kind response

Kind regards

Omer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NCS appointment on 2 Dec - some questions

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:02 pm

omer2013 wrote:Dear Members,

I've booked appoitment with NCS on 2nd Dec. for naturalization. Can you please advise me on the following points;

1. There is no payment page with this form, where we normally give our card detail. How we will pay the fees £1005? Where we can find the payment slip or the council will have? See here (click)

2. In 2010, I was away from 27 Oct to 29 Nov. Do I need to mention that the absence of these dates because I am applying on 2nd Dec. and the period of absence should be during the last 5 years. You can mention it, it won't do any harm

3. On Page 10, point 1.50 mentions Employment history in UK during the last 10 years. Do I need to mention only employment history on this page? In past, I was self-emplyed for my ILR but they did not ask for self-employed details on page 10 of the form. I have paid all taxes and have no problem to write, if necessary. please do advise me. List ALL employment.

4. On page 27, point 7.5, they asked for photocopy of spouse's passport. I did not tick this box because it should be for the applicant wo is applying on the basis marriage and I do not fall in this cateogory. Am I right or wrong? No relevant to you then.

I did not tick point 7.7 on page 28.Is this correct? Correct, no need to tick and you need to strike through the paragraph

I await for your kind response

Kind regards

Omer
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

omer2013
United Kingdom

Post by omer2013 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:39 am

Many many thanks for your advise and swift response.

omer2013
United Kingdom

Post by omer2013 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:44 pm

Dear members,

Please refer to AN naturalization form;

On Page 10, point 1.50 mentions Employment history in UK during the last 10 years. Do I need to mention only employment history on this page?

In past, I was self-emplyed for my ILR but they did not ask for self-employed details on page 10 of the form. I have paid all taxes and have no problem to mention, if necessary.

Does it worth or just List Employment history!!! please do advise me.

Omer

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:08 pm

omer2013 wrote:Dear members,

On Page 10, point 1.50 mentions Employment history in UK during the last 10 years. Do I need to mention only employment history on this page?

In past, I was self-emplyed for my ILR but they did not ask for self-employed details on page 10 of the form. I have paid all taxes and have no problem to mention, if necessary.

Omer
Self-employment is still a form of employment (economic activity);
as such, (my understanding is), periods of self-employment should also be itemised in the employment history.

HO are clearly interested in cross-checking & verifying tax affairs as part of their evaluation of an applicant's 'good character'.
They can do this by matching work history with HMRC records (& they, no doubt, also utilise other data sources).
Hence the question about employment history over past 10 years.

The guidance indicates they are interested in non-PAYE types of employment:
If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a Self Assessment Statement of Account
Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf

The NCS is a great service - good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:29 pm

Omer
Yes, do mention it, as it is a form of employment. I've not seen anything in the guidance to suggest that self-employment periods should be excluded.

omer2013
United Kingdom

Post by omer2013 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:59 pm

Dear members,

Any idea, how long they take time to send acknowledgement and biometric and deduct fee from account?

Regards

Omer

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:02 pm

Any idea, how long they take time to send acknowledgement and biometric and deduct fee from account?

Regards

Omer
Suggest you follow the timeline in this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... -8100.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.