ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA Q -"Have you been refused a visa for any country..."

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scibidibibop
Newly Registered

VISA Q -"Have you been refused a visa for any country..."

Post by scibidibibop » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:42 am

Hi Guys,

I'm an Australian applying for a Tier 5 visa with a small window! (i'm 31 in February)

My question is about one of the application questions 'Have you been refused a visa for any country including the UK in the last 10 years?'

About two months ago i applied for a Canada youth mobility visa just before they closed their applications but my application was automatically refused because i uploaded the wrong police check ( i had the police check issued from my state police instead of the Australian Federal Police )

Now that i am applying for a uk visa instead i am concerd that answering yes to that question will automatically refuse/deny my application?

am i reading the question wrong aswell, are they asking if was refused AFTER lodging correct documents (so i was refused because of personal reason like criminal history etc) and not refused before the application was completed which would mean it was refused because of application error..

I don't mind answering yes with an explanation but am concerned that the system will automatically decline my application.

Any ideas on what will happen or how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: VISA Q -"Have you been refused a visa for any country...

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:48 pm

If you received a refusal letter you were refused a visa.
If you received a rejection of application letter then you were not refused.