ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ozmanos
Newly Registered

Dependent visa extension

Post by ozmanos » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi All,

Here are my details:
Received Tier 1 visa: 10/02/2011
Extended Tier 1 visa: 22/02/2013
Tier 1 visa valid till: 22/02/2016

Here are my wife's (dependent) details:
Tier 1 dependent visa
Valid from 22/02/2014
Valid Till 22/02/2016

I am planning to apply for ILR and in Jan/Feb 2016 and have the following questions, primarily regarding my wife:
- Would she be able to apply for ILR with me? If not, which category would she go into, extend on PBS dependent or FLR (M)?
- Would she get extension on PBS dependent visa for another 3 years and hence would be able to apply for ILR in 02/2019?
- Regardless of which category she needs to apply for, would we both be applying on the same day? Is that possible/allowed or would I need to get ILR first and then send her application? Ideally I wanted to go for premium service for both of us on the same day.

I would really appreciate if someone could clarify these for me.

Many thanks,
Ozmanos

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR and Dependent visa extension

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ozmanos
Newly Registered

Re: ILR and Dependent visa extension

Post by ozmanos » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

Many thanks for sharing these links sushdmehta, I think I will go down PBS dependent extension route for my wife as the clock resets in FLR (M), and if she can get another 3 years on PBS dependent visa then hopefully by 22/02/2019 she would be eligible for ILR?

On another note, I wanted to apply for my ILR and her PBS extension together, is it possible to book them both together for the same day/time slot?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent visa extension

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:36 pm

You can apply in person on the same day. Different slot as they are different forms and different applications. Dependent appointment after yours.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.