ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work on EEA FP?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fiona49cf
Newly Registered
China

Work on EEA FP?

Post by fiona49cf » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi everyone, I(Non EEA national) recently moved to Uk with my EEA national spouse and I am currently on EEA FP. I have not apply for RC yet because we are still preparing some of the documents ( bank statement and cousil tax etc.). However, I have got a job opportunity that I really like, and I will have an interview with them tomorrow. The problem is I do not know if I can start working with my EEA FP while I am applying for RC. Second question is, while I am waiting for RC my EEA FP will be expired can I still legally working?

I have red some of the posts by others that I need to apply for the RC first in order to get COA to begin to work for any employer? So that means I can not work right nor with my EEA FP but to wait for the COA?

Any advice would be welcome here, thank you !

ohmygim
Newly Registered

Re: Work on EEA FP?

Post by ohmygim » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:44 pm

I'm not an expert, but from what I understand, you are theoretically allowed to work with a Family Permit, but practically you won't be able to because your employer would ask you to prove your right to work which you won't be able to do without the Coa.

fiona49cf
Newly Registered
China

Post by fiona49cf » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:48 pm

Thank you. I think I would advice the company to wait 4-6 weeks until I receive the COA if they agrees. But it is not my decision to make. :mrgreen:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:55 pm

fiona49cf wrote:Hi everyone, I(Non EEA national) recently moved to Uk with my EEA national spouse and I am currently on EEA FP. I have not apply for RC yet because we are still preparing some of the documents ( bank statement and cousil tax etc.). However, I have got a job opportunity that I really like, and I will have an interview with them tomorrow. The problem is I do not know if I can start working with my EEA FP while I am applying for RC. Second question is, while I am waiting for RC my EEA FP will be expired can I still legally working?

I have red some of the posts by others that I need to apply for the RC first in order to get COA to begin to work for any employer? So that means I can not work right nor with my EEA FP but to wait for the COA?

Any advice would be welcome here, thank you !
A FP is simply an entry visa.

As you are now in UK as the dependent family member of an EEA national you have an inalienable right to work/study (& etc) under EU free movement rights.

(That is as long as you remain married to your spouse/sponsor & they are exercising treaty rights as a qualified person in UK).

A RC (& any temporary COA) simply confirms this right.
The RC does not grant such rights.

However UK Gov imposes severe sanctions on any employer who employ anyone who does not enjoy the right to work.
Whether an employer will entertain you (or employ you) without proof of your right to work (ie by sight of a COA/RC) is another question.

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

fiona49cf
Newly Registered
China

Post by fiona49cf » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi there, thanks for your input. So to sum up, to hire me on EEA FP is legal, just depend on the employer, is it correct?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:19 pm

fiona49cf wrote:Hi there, thanks for your input. So to sum up, to hire me on EEA FP is legal, just depend on the employer, is it correct?
That is my understanding. (You have the right to work).

Good luck with interview.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

james101958
Ireland

Post by james101958 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:49 pm

hi everyone m y question is actually mywife is british and i have stamp 4 eufam. can i go with my wife to uk without visa and second question how can i get 1A stamp . because filling family permit form is very difficult they ask for job but i dont have at this time any job.anyone help me plz