ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from HO - req to expedite application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maly110
Newly Registered

Email from HO - req to expedite application

Post by Maly110 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:26 pm

I have applied on 3rd November 2015. today i emailed them asking if they could fast track my application as I want to apply for a summer programme, but i only can apply for it if i am a BN at the time of the application. they replied my email only one hour sfter i sent the email as following:

I am writing in regard to your outstanding application for British Citizenship.
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.
Following recent clarification of the Nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for British Citizenship.
Your case has been identified as such a case and will not be decided within 6 months.
We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3 – 6 months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

This also applies to any family members whose applications for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

Yours sincerely

Nationality Casework.

I am so confused with this reply!!! first they said my application wont be decided within 6 month, then they said We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3 – 6 months!!!!

any suggestion please??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Email from HO - req to expedite application

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:32 pm

After 1 month you are chasing them to hurry up! :shock:

There is no 'fast track' for citizenship applications and your circumstances of wanting to apply for a summer placement is not relevant to their process and procedure. There are members on the forum that are still waiting from May 2014 for the outcome of their applications.

It is a standard reply you have received and you will see if you search the forum, that many people get this reply, even for visa applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maly110
Newly Registered

Post by Maly110 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:37 pm

CR001 wrote:After 1 month you are chasing them to hurry up! :shock:

There is no 'fast track' for citizenship applications and your circumstances of wanting to apply for a summer placement is not relevant to their process and procedure. There are members on the forum that are still waiting from May 2014 for the outcome of their applications.

It is a standard reply you have received and you will see if you search the forum, that many people get this reply, even for visa applications.

Thanks for your reply mate. i know it is too early to chase them, but this summer programme is very important to me, and i dont want to miss it, thats why i emailed them

Are you sure this is a standard reply? as in my email, it looks like someone replied not an automate one.. I felt so bad after hearing that my case has been identified as such cases to be decided after 6 month :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:45 pm

It's a standard reply and you are lucky that you received one at all. The Home Office ask applicants not to chase their applications until the 6 month mark has passed. In fact chasing generally results is the exact email response that you received.
By the way, CR001 is a 'mate'ess'...not a mate. Never assume :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Maly110
Newly Registered

Post by Maly110 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:46 pm

CR001 wrote:After 1 month you are chasing them to hurry up! :shock:

I checked on the forum, and found the same reply to others, thanks Char