ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ukvi overcharged visa fees

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

afreeno
Newly Registered

ukvi overcharged visa fees

Post by afreeno » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:13 pm

hi I applied for my husbands spouse visa on 19th November 2015. my husband is a national of Pakistan and lives there. I filled in the online application form and noticed that I was charged in Pakistan currency but I believe I was over charged. the fee was mean to be £600 for health surcharge and £985 for the application but I was charged a lot of extra money. cause I had no option to pay in british pounds and had to pay in Pakistani rupees they took £637.89 health surcharge and then £1016.37 for the application fee and a further £45.49 the bank charged for a 'non stirling fee' what an earth is going on? anyone had the same issue?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ukvi overcharged visa fees

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:19 pm

It is normal and has to do with the currency exchange rate fluctuations. Many people going back many years have had this issue. The bank charge is an issue with your bank and they mostly all charge for overseas transactions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

afreeno
Newly Registered

Post by afreeno » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:29 pm

yes ok the bank charged me £45.49 in fees that's fair enough but the health surcharge is £600 not £637.89? they also charged me £1016.37 for the application fees when an application costs around £985. im sure other people must be getting over charged?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:31 pm

afreeno wrote:yes ok the bank charged me £45.49 in fees that's fair enough but the health surcharge is £600 not £637.89? they also charged me £1016.37 for the application fees when an application costs around £985. im sure other people must be getting over charged?
Currency fluctuations, normal I'm afraid.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:38 pm

It is not an overcharge. It is based on the date of transaction and the currency exchange rate at that time so if it is 5 Rupees to 1 pound that is what you will be charged but tomorrow it might 4 Rupees to 1 pound so the charge would be different. It is all about the interbank currency exchange rate at any given time which fluctuate constantly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

afreeno
Newly Registered

Post by afreeno » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:42 pm

I don't understand your replies sorry. but if they say its a certain amount then that is all they should charge me for. last year I was refused for my husbands visa and was able to pay in british pounds so why the change? is it to dupe people into paying extra?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:49 pm

afreeno wrote:I don't understand your replies sorry. but if they say its a certain amount then that is all they should charge me for. last year I was refused for my husbands visa and was able to pay in british pounds so why the change? is it to dupe people into paying extra?
Because forex rates fluctuate. Simple economics.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....