ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife added as additional director

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yahyaa
Mood:
United Kingdom

Wife added as additional director

Post by yahyaa » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi everyone

I got my T1 Entrepreneur visa in December 2014 as sole director of my business (50k route). Last week I included my wife as the 2nd director to my business. Now I am wondering if having a 2nd director for my business would impact my visa renewal, which is due in December 2017?

Regards :)

yahyaa
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Wife added as additional director

Post by yahyaa » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Over 90 views but no reply?! :o

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:08 am

@yahyaa

I think your wife is your dependent, as a dependent of yours, she is allowed to work for your company or any other company in U.K. But take her as director in your company mean she would also have shares in your company. To claim points for your extension you have to have all the investment from your side and not from your wife, because she is your dependent not your entrepreneur business partner.If your initial Application was accepted for you being a sole director, then at the time of extension should be the same means you should be legal holder of all the shares.

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:19 pm

I agree with Legalkhan as its not an entrepreneur team. I am not sure if you added your wife just to add for an additional director or any other purposes. Lets wait for other suggestions from senior membesr.

Regards
IR