ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on Flr(m) application form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Spouse visa - FLR(M) form query

Post by Jasminedutta » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:26 pm

Hello All,

I have got my ILR from Tier 1 general last month and my husband who is on ICT Tier 2 now will apply ILR dependent next week in uk. He is applying in FLR(M) form ,

1) Please let me know if that is the right form to apply?
2) If FLRM is the right form please let me know what should be filled in section 2 where it is asking

2.1 Please tick a box below to show us the category in which you are applying for an extension of stay in the UK and to confirm that you are also applying for a biometric immigration document.

Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document --- ( I have chosen that )

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor? -- ( I have ticked YES )

This one is pretty confusing so if anyone can guide me would be great :

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

a) First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

b) Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).

c) You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner.
Or
You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa, and have not yet completed the relevant period of time in one of the categories at question 2.1

d) You require further leave to remain to obtain the relevant qualifications to meet the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KoLL) requirements to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

e) You were granted entry as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil partnership. Please explain why in the box below and state when your marriage or civil partnership will take place.

As my husband is applying next week, would appreciate if anyone can help me out with this?

Regards,
Jasmine

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa - FLR(M) form query

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:37 pm

2.1 and 2.2 is correct.

For 2.3 you select option 'C' as he is applying for the first time as a partner.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:13 pm

Hello ,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have couple of more queries from the section below. Would be great if you could help me out

In section 3 form asking

3.12 Is this your sponsor’s main residence?

(As I am originally from India and settled in UK on ILR , Should I go for YES ? )

3.13 If your sponsor’s is not in the UK please provide details of their permanent address
Postcode

(I think based on the previous ans this will be decided )

3.16 On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK?
( I guess Tier 1 visa extending to settlement ?)

Section 7 says :

If you were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner following an application made before 9th July 2012, excluding leave as the partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, you are not required to complete section 7A, proceed to 7B MAINTENANCE. For more information on completing the financial requirement section please see section 21 of the guidance notes.
All other applicants, including those who were granted leave to remain as a partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant before 9th July 2012, must meet the financial requirement for leave to remain in this category. The guidance notes are available on the Home Office website and must be read when completing this section. You and your sponsor should provide the relevant evidence, as specified, to demonstrate that together, as a couple, you have the financial resources you claim under this section.

7.1 Are you or your sponsor in receipt of a benefit listed in section 21 d) of the guidance notes? If you claim to be exempt from meeting the financial threshold you must submit the relevant evidence, as specified, of your eligibility to be exempt.
Yes
go to section 7B
No
go to question 7.2

(This section I find little confusing , I think we need to proceed with 7A , as both of us don't receive any benefits and we both work on our own visa.)

Please let me know if my answers are correct ...

Many thanks,
Jasmine

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:33 pm

3.12 Yes

3.13 Not relevant then.

3.16 Tier 1 If that is what is was

7.1 Is NO if you DO NOT claim benefits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:58 pm

Hello,

Thanks a lot for clarifying doubts.

Regarding co habitation, we dont have enough papers on joint names hence we are submitting 12 documents 6 for each. These are All correspondenced to Same address, hope Will be sufficient.

Our problem Is slightly different.My husband works in Manchester since july this year( before that He was in london ) and He travels to london in weekend. So All His payslips generates Manchester address since july but our co habitation proofs holds All london address. Is this going to be an issue?

Regards,
Jasmine

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:08 pm

You will need to show evidence of his visits. How does he travel?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:57 pm

Hello,

He travels via trains, and Hopefully He has All the virgin tickets He used between manchester and london.

Is this sufficient to prove that He visits me every other week. Do we need to mention this somewhere in the form?

Regards,
Jasmine

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:16 pm

Hello everyone,

Could you please answer me the above query ?

My husband is applying FLR(M) this weekend so appreciate if anyone can point me to the right direction.

Also My husband is on ICT and pretty much working in uk till May'2015 end. After that he was transferred to India for couple of months and came back to UK in July end. So he is going to submit his payslip from July to November ( 5 months ) but could not complete the 6 months period. He still has his payslip for June but that he fetched from Indian salary,is that going to work ?

Regards,
Jasmine

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:41 pm

The requirement is to submit 6 months payslips and bank statements (either jointly or individually)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:47 pm

Hello,

If i understand correctly being sponsor I am submitting
6 months payslip with bank statement. My husband who
Is applicant has got 5 months Uk payslip and bank syatement. Is that Alright?

Regards,
Jasmine

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:11 am

The specified evidence are given in Appendix FM-SE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

FLR(m) extension of Spouse/Partner ILR Visa

Post by Jasminedutta » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:11 pm

Hello there,

I am holding ILR & planning to apply for UK citizenship next month. Simultaneously, my husband is holding FLR(m) visa (through 5 years route) & that too, is due for extension on July 2018. So, am worried about the process, duration and approach that I've to follow. Please help me by answering my following concerns -

1). If I apply for the Citizenship first, normally how long it will take ? and can my husband apply for his FLR(m) extension on top my application ?

2). If my citizenship process takes too long to complete, then what is way out for my spouse. Will he still be able to continue to apply for his flr(m) extension ? In this case, what are all the documents he would need from my end ? what shall we do, if my passport/citizenship documents are not available by then?

3). My husband has some back home emergencies and he may have to travel back India by end of this February until Mid August 2018. He is looking for Intra company transfer and may operate from Indian branch office during this period., this may change his payroll to Indian salary/pay structure rather UK for this period,alone. In this scenario, can he come back to UK in June for a week and get his extension FLR(m) done and travel back again ? I believe, it will be less than 180 days and should be fine. Please confirm.

Thanks In advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:16 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(m) extension of Spouse/Partner ILR Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:17 pm

I have moved to your topic to where it is now as you posted and are asking questions in the ILR sub forum which is not relevant to FLR(M) or citizenship questions.

1. It can take a few weeks or it can take many months. It varies. Your husband can apply for FLR(M) extension and must apply before his visa expires. What is your husbands full UK immigration history?

2. He can still extend his visa. You should apply for your citizenship using NCS at the council as you will then get to keep all your original documents.

3. Should be fine, depends how he plans to meet the financial requirements though. FLR(M) visa holders DO NOT have an absence limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:24 pm

At the same time as CR001, I've merged your posts with your older topic relating to FLR(M).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:46 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:24 pm
At the same time as CR001, I've merged your posts with your older topic relating to FLR(M).
Thanks vinny, I should have checked post history :oops:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:26 pm

Thanks CR001 & Vinny for the responses.

About my Husband's immigration history, it's that: He lived in UK more than 6 years already. Initially, he was on Tier 2 ICT visa for few years and which he got changed to FLR(m). Now, it's time for his FLR(m) extension thru 5 years route.

I'm bit relaxed after knowing that there's no absence limit for FLR(m) visa holders.

How about income/ financial requirements? currently, he is earning more than enough to meet the financial requirements.But, If he has to opt for Intra company transfer to India from March 2018 until August 2018, he won't be able to produce his 6 months continuous salary slips(i.e he will end up missing 3 months salary slips). Financial requirements says -
1). "You and your partner must have a combined income of at least £18,600"
2). Cash savings above £16,000
In this scenario,
a). Will I be able to showcase my earnings alone as amount exceeding £18,600, since my earnings exceeds £18,600.
b). We don't have, per say a joint bank account, but we're accumulating our savings into my bank account which exceeds £16,000, while all day to day expenditure are done through my husband's bank account.

Does our condition meet our financial requirements? please confirm. Your response is much appreciated.

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:49 am

We're in process of extending my husband's FLR(M) and appointment is scheduled on 2nd of July 2018.
While reading through the latest documentation requirements there's one statement confused us., and Can you please confirm us on that one ,please.

Since, it's being a FLR(m) extension through 5 year route, does it require all the last 5 year co-habitation evidences (documentation) or only last 2 year evidences would do ?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:56 am

Jasminedutta wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:49 am
only last 2 year evidences would do ?

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:50 pm

As my husband's Flr(m) visa expires by 9th of July and we are applying for first extension.
Previous to Flr(m) spouse visa, he was in UK under his Tier 2 - ICT and has undergone multiple extensions under that category (Tier 2 ICT).

Now, while filing for Flr(m) extension, we come across with couple of questions which are -

Question 2.1 :
2.1 Please tick a box below to show us the category in which you are applying for an extension of stay in the UK and to confirm that you are also applying for a biometric immigration document.

To which we are ticking: Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document. Is this Correct ?

Question 2.2 :
2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?

Should he answer yes or no?

Question 2.3 :
2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

We are not sure what we should answer here either, the options are:

(a) First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

(b) Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).

(c) You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner.

(d) You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa, and have not yet completed the relevant period of time in one of the categories at question 2.1

(e) You require further leave to remain to obtain the relevant qualifications to meet the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KoLL) requirements to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

(f) You were granted entry as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil partnership. Please explain why in the box below and state when your marriage or civil partnership will take place.

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:23 pm

in addition to above 3 questions (in previous post), do have one more query -
Question 3.17 :
On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK ?

I entered UK with Tier 1 - General, as a sponsor what should be my answer to the move question. Is it just "Indefinite Leave to Remain" ? Please confirm.

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Questions on Flr(m) application form

Post by Jasminedutta » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:34 pm

My husband's Flr(m) visa expires by 9th of July and we are applying for his first extension. He entered UK under Tier 2 - ICT initially and has undergone multiple extensions under Tier 2 -ICT category.

In Flr(m) extension application form there are couple things which we are confused about. Can you please suggest us about the following questions... -

Question 2.1 :

To which we are ticking: Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document. Is this Correct ?

Question 2.2 :
2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?

Should he answer yes or no?

Question 2.3 :

We are not sure what we should answer here either, the options are:

(a) First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

(b) Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).

(c) You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner.

(d) You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa, and have not yet completed the relevant period of time in one of the categories at question 2.1

(e) You require further leave to remain to obtain the relevant qualifications to meet the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KoLL) requirements to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

(f) You were granted entry as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil partnership. Please explain why in the box below and state when your marriage or civil partnership will take place.

Question 3.17 :
On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK ?
I as a sponsorer entered UK under Tier 1 - General visa. So as a sponsor what should be my answer to this move question. Is it just "Indefinite Leave to Remain" ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:58 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:16 pm
Posts merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)