ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:45 pm

khan7861 wrote:afternoon,

I hope every body is fine, I have a one question might be some one help me, when will you get the British passport. after what about" ILR biometric card". will you return it or keep it self with you.

if any body know please share your experience,

I really appreciate your help

thanks
Most people just keep it as a reminder of their journey. BRP cards are effectively useless once citizenship is granted. If you do not wish to keep it, send it to HO BRP team and ask for it to be destroyed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hadu21
Newly Registered

Post by hadu21 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:23 pm

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New (naturalised)
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 14/11/2015
Application Received:16/11/2015
Date of return of documents: 20/11/2015
Date of interview letter: 24/11/2015
Date of interview booked: 24/11/2015
Date of interview London: 28/11/2015
Date SMS received : 30/11/2015
Date of passport receipt: 01/12/2015

Finally my immigration journey has came to an end. Good Luck to all who are waiting.

khan7861
Newly Registered

Post by khan7861 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:24 pm

thanks to quick reply
much appreciate

Umar09
Newly Registered

Post by Umar09 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:13 am

rsa707 wrote:We (me and my spouse) have submitted passport application by check and send method. One of us have received documents and interview letter in a week but for other when called to helpline it was mentioned still under examination process. It is over two weeks now. Have anyone else had similar experience. Couple of my friends and their family's applications were dealt together.
Looking for suggestions and reply.

In our case passport office dealt our all applications altogether. Even they didn't return child's docs as well as passport until my application wasn't approved.

kais

Post by kais » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:17 am

Hi

I Sent passport application supporting documents on Sat followed by ONLINE APPLICATION on 26/11/15 , passport office received on Tuesday (1/12/12) online status still shows awaiting supporting documents from applicants! just wondering how frequently they update , once a day or every other day or ???

Any idea?

Regards

Sandytong85
Newly Registered

Post by Sandytong85 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:41 am

Hi all

I would be grateful if you can help. I applied via check and send on 25.11.15 how do you guys know the '' application received' date ?

I'm a bit concern as I'm going away on 31.12.15!! Plus I was silly and told the post office lady about the plan and at least she refused to send for me saying it will take 6 weeks for passport application!!! At the end it got sorted after argument but I always worry that this might affect the application !

I want to ring the helpline and try book the interview but worried that it's too early to do so!

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:47 am

Sandytong85 wrote:Hi all

I would be grateful if you can help. I applied via check and send on 25.11.15 how do you guys know the '' application received' date ?

I'm a bit concern as I'm going away on 31.12.15!! Plus I was silly and told the post office lady about the plan and at least she refused to send for me saying it will take 6 weeks for passport application!!! At the end it got sorted after argument but I always worry that this might affect the application !

I want to ring the helpline and try book the interview but worried that it's too early to do so!

Thanks
It is too early to book an interview, you will need to be patient and let the process run its course, you only applied a few days ago. How long are you going away for? If you did not pay extra to send your documents special delivery so that you can track it, then no way of knowing it was received. HMPO do acknowledge applications so you should get a letter or call the helpline and ask if it is logged on their system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

a.zaheer
Newly Registered

Post by a.zaheer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:19 am

CR001 wrote:

Thanks
It is too early to book an interview, you will need to be patient and let the process run its course, you only applied a few days ago. How long are you going away for? If you did not pay extra to send your documents special delivery so that you can track it, then no way of knowing it was received. HMPO do acknowledge applications so you should get a letter or call the helpline and ask if it is logged on their system.

I have sent my passport application using check n send on 25.11.2015 and already booked (Yesterday) the interview for 05.12.2015. You can call and book interview using the bar-code provided by post office.

Sandytong85
Newly Registered

Post by Sandytong85 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:21 am

CR001 wrote:

Thanks
I have paid for special delivery but how would I know the reference number for the documents so that I can track the post? As long as I got my original country passport I can still go away.

Sandytong85
Newly Registered

Post by Sandytong85 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:24 am

a.zaheer wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks

I have sent my passport application using check n send on 25.11.2015 and already booked (Yesterday) the interview for 05.12.2015. You can call and book interview using the bar-code provided by post office.
What and how did you say to book the interview when you called ? At least I want to find out if my application has been received!

Sandytong85
Newly Registered

Post by Sandytong85 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:29 pm

Thanks

I just rang the helpline and confirmed that they have received my application on 26.11.15 and the interview letter was sent on 27.11.15 which I haven't received yet! The lady on the phone was very helpful and nice! And now I booked the interview next Wednesday 9.12.15 Cus I need to work and no appointment available for coming Saturday! But I'm grateful! Thanks all for advice

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:11 pm

lucy_2011 wrote:Application Type: New (naturalised) adult
Date of application: 18/11/2015
Application Received:19/11/2015
Date of interview letter: 27/11/2015
Date of interview booked: 26/11/2015
Date of interview: 28/11/2015 in Warwick
Date of return of documents: 27/11/2015
SMS received : 02/12/2015
Date of passport receipt:

The text message doesnt mentions that it is being printed. It just says ' your new passport should arrive within a few working days.'
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

HenryForth
Newly Registered

Post by HenryForth » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi all
I am living abroad and would need a UK passport.
Does anyone experienced applying for an adult first time passport from abroad ?
how long it does take?
Is there a fast track service?
Would you advise to apply from the UK instead?
Thank you very much for your help.

Sandytong85
Newly Registered

Post by Sandytong85 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Sandytong85 wrote:

Thanks

I just rang the helpline and confirmed that they have received my application on 26.11.15 and the interview letter was sent on 27.11.15 which I haven't received yet! The lady on the phone was very helpful and nice! And now I booked the interview next Wednesday 9.12.15 Cus I need to work and no appointment available for coming Saturday! But I'm grateful! Thanks all for advice
By the way just received my original documents back today! That was impressive :)

Anna_s_Anna
Newly Registered

Post by Anna_s_Anna » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:11 am

Hi everyone! Here is my timeline.

I done my application online and posted with super secure £7 delivery method.
I was just wondering why is it going to Belfast? It it only me?:)
I live in London, my husband applied for his passport 2 years ago and his application was processed somewhere in London (his interview was in Croydon). So for him it was all super quick.
I just pray to get my uk passport before xmas!

Application Type: New (naturalised) adult
Method of application: Online
Date of application: 28/11/2015 (London, via Post Office)
Application Received:01/12/2015 (Passport office Belfast)
Date of interview letter:
Date of interview booked:
Date of interview:
Date of return of documents:
SMS received :

rakib
Newly Registered

Post by rakib » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Hello

What are the 4 boxes on on section 4 of the passport application form? Do I need to cross those or leave it empty ?
Thanks

vallae14
Newly Registered

Post by vallae14 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:45 pm

Method of application: Self
Date of application: 02/12/2015
Application Received:03/12/2015
Date of interview:
Date of return of documents:
SMS received :
Date of Passport received:

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:54 pm

lucy_2011 wrote:Application Type: New (naturalised) adult
Date of interview letter: 27/11/2015
Date of interview booked: 26/11/2015
Date of interview: 28/11/2015 in Warwick
Date of return of documents: 27/11/2015
SMS received : 02/12/2015
Date of passport receipt: 03/12/2015

Finally its all over now... no more paying hefty fees to the government... good luck everybody..
and thank you ever so much for ur helpful input.
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:37 am

@Anna
All postal ( Check and send) passport applications go to various locations depending upon ur postcode.
So no surprise, as that is what post office are supposed to do, may be instructions from HMPO
Good luck

Anna_s_Anna
Newly Registered

Post by Anna_s_Anna » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:22 am

Anna_s_Anna wrote:Hi everyone! Here is my timeline.

I done my application online and posted with super secure £7 delivery method.
I was just wondering why is it going to Belfast? It it only me?:)
I live in London, my husband applied for his passport 2 years ago and his application was processed somewhere in London (his interview was in Croydon). So for him it was all super quick.
I just pray to get my uk passport before xmas!

Date of application: 28/11/2015 (London, via Post Office)
Application Received:01/12/2015 (Passport office Belfast)
Date of interview:
Date of return of documents: 04/12/2015
SMS received :

padhme
Newly Registered

Post by padhme » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:47 am

Hi everyone, if someone could answer my question I would truly appreciate it. For those who applied and paid the extra £3 fee for the passport to be sent by secure delivery, how long did it take between the date of interview and the date of receipt of the passport?

Thank you so much!!

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:32 pm

padhme wrote:Hi everyone, if someone could answer my question I would truly appreciate it. For those who applied and paid the extra £3 fee for the passport to be sent by secure delivery, how long did it take between the date of interview and the date of receipt of the passport?

Thank you so much!!
You pay extra £3 for the secure delivery of your documents not for the new passport. The new passport is delivered by sucre delivery in all the cases. Most of the people get their new passports in two to three days after the interview.
Choudhry

padhme
Newly Registered

Post by padhme » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:23 pm

ChOudhry1 wrote:
padhme wrote:Hi everyone, if someone could answer my question I would truly appreciate it. For those who applied and paid the extra £3 fee for the passport to be sent by secure delivery, how long did it take between the date of interview and the date of receipt of the passport?

Thank you so much!!
You pay extra £3 for the secure delivery of your documents not for the new passport. The new passport is delivered by sucre delivery in all the cases. Most of the people get their new passports in two to three days after the interview.
Thanks very much for a very helpful and prompt answer!

One last question: the passport photo will be the same one that you provided with the application and countersigned, right?

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:35 pm

Yes. it would be the same photograph

upp30
Newly Registered

Post by upp30 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:52 pm

Date of interview letter: 04/12/2015
Date of interview booked: 02/12/2015
Date of interview: 03/12/15 portsmouth
Date of return of documents: 02/12/15
SMS received : 04/12/15
Date of passport receipt: 05/12/15
By passport advice line said u can book interview without letter becuz system show ur application forward to API Team(applicant personal interview),but i booked my interview too so far due to busy .
Great Thanks all applicants.