ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Employers from Tier 2 to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanp7
Newly Registered

Re: Changing Employers from Tier 2 to Tier 2

Post by sanp7 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:23 pm

joshw wrote:Hi guys,

I'm looking at changing jobs from Tier 2 to Tier 2 with another employer (i.e. transfer the visa);

1) can I apply for the transfer of visa whilst still in the UK?
Yes. You should apply within the UK.
2) my current work has attempted to put a clause in my contract to prevent transferring my visa to another sponsor, however my understanding is that they would have no control over that process?
You will be getting a new visa with a new COS number. I don't think your existing visa is just transferred to your new employer. So unless your current employer has a clause saying you cannot resign it should be fine.
3) Can I make the application for visa transfer prior to resigning from my current job? And then resign giving 4 weeks notice and work those 4 weeks under the new visa?
Its always advisable to resign only after getting a new visa. But you have to make sure the start date in the COS doesn't overlap with your notice period. Technically, once you get a new visa, its illegal to work for the previous employer. read this for more info http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 69661.html

Thanks for the help
josh

Delaram06
Newly Registered

Post by Delaram06 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:16 pm

Hello and thank you so much to the informing and useful comments.

I am about to change sponsor and couple of question and concerns came along. I will be grateful if anybody can advice based on their experience adn understanding from the similar case.

Currently holding Tier 2 General Visa (Valid till June 2017)
New Sponsor assign new CoS for me starting on 11/January/2016. This CoS will met all the Job criteria, salary requirement, resident market research test (I hope so) and the rest.

I am going to use Priority (10 days post) service and hoping to have the result on my application by 10 of November 2015

1- If for any reason my new Tier 2 Application rejected. Will this affect my current Leave to remain which is valid till June 2017.
2- If the application is successful, bear in mind I will receive the decision by 10th of November 2015 and the CoS will not start until 11 January 2016, dosed this allow me to work under my current sponsor till 11 January 2016 to complete the notice period and then move (Based on Tier 2 General 221 Guidance)
3- In above case, if they issue me the new BRP (Biometric Residence permit) will the start date on that will be the decision date (10 November 2015, roughly)?
4- Or, are they issuing the new BRP with the CoS start date (11 January 2016) and return the current one?

Once again I will appriciat your comment on this

almssp
Newly Registered

Post by almssp » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi Guys, great information.

I was wondering if someone can help me out with some doubts.

I'm about to change jobs (TIER 2 to TIER 2),
I noticed the process for the visa has changed, cause I never need to have a BRP,
got my first TIER2 on jan of 2014.
My question is, when is safe to resign from the current job ?
I have a 3 month notice, once my visa is under notice(informed on the SMS) I can still apply for the new TIER 2 ?
I will only need to wait for the cooling period(12 months) if my current visa expires/cancels and I didn't get the new one in time ?

Tim81
Newly Registered

Post by Tim81 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:50 am

Hi I have a query regarding change of employer within Tier 2 General:

1) Is Resident Market test still required for change of employer even when the job role remains the same and also within the same SOC code.

Please someone help urgently

hrm12
Newly Registered

Post by hrm12 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:58 am

Tim81 wrote:Hi I have a query regarding change of employer within Tier 2 General:

1) Is Resident Market test still required for change of employer even when the job role remains the same and also within the same SOC code.

Please someone help urgently
Yes RLMT is required.