ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by aussiegoin4it » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:00 pm

CR001 wrote:Are all your tax affairs in order as this is one possible reason that might cause delays with citizenship applications.
Absolutely. Have had the same UK accountant this entire time who has submitted my SA1s and a limited liability company registered in England and Wales that is entirely up-to-date with company taxes and VAT. All taxes paid and up-to-date, personal and corporate. Nothing off-shore.

I suspect they are just being slow. So many other May applicants are waiting for information, too.

I realise there is no right to citizenship. I realise we're all in this together (waiting). I just think there's something unfair about constantly being caught by fee increases while simultaneously being caught by increasing inefficiency.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:00 pm

aussiegoin4it wrote:Absolutely. Have had the same UK accountant this entire time who has submitted my SA1s and a limited liability company registered in England and Wales that is entirely up-to-date with company taxes and VAT. All taxes paid and up-to-date, personal and corporate. Nothing off-shore.
Any discrepancies in income declared to HO for your Tier 1 extensions and what was declared to HMRC for tax purposes?

Tier 1 G is the one route that they are really checking with a fine tooth comb due to so many migrants abusing the system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Post by aussiegoin4it » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:18 pm

CR001 wrote:Any discrepancies in income declared to HO for your Tier 1 extensions and what was declared to HMRC for tax purposes?
During my Tier 1 General extension and ILR application I always submitted P60s as evidence of my income and tax paid (PAYE). I never relied on company earnings.
CR001 wrote:Tier 1 General is the one route that they are really checking with a fine tooth comb due to so many migrants abusing the system.
Interesting. It does seem, from the timelines, that the partner route to citizenship is processed much faster. But we've seen several entries in the timelines from Tier 1 applicants that were processed quickly (~3 months), too.

I'd never heard of Tier 1 migrants being stereotyped as "abusing the system" before. Nearly all media focus has been on student visas. The Tier 1 requirements were always points-based and rigid. I'm not sure what kind of abuse the Home Office is "cracking down" on.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:42 pm

I'm aware that you are applying as someone previously on the Tier 1 (General) route but you may be interested to know that checks for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) have tightened considerably due for both ILR and BC to fraud and organised crime.
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2014-07- ... neur-route

The stricter 'Good character' requirements for BC has resulted in employment/tax affairs coming under closer scrutiny.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Post by aussiegoin4it » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:28 pm

The Home Office appears to have been stamping a date of 31 October 2015 on approvals received this week (including mine).

The 31 October 2015 was a Saturday. This leads to two extraordinary conclusions:

1. the Home Office is actually processing applications on the weekend, or
2. the Home Office is falsifying approval dates

It does seem suspicious that some people receive their approval letters a few days after the dated approval, while others receive their letter weeks later.

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:04 pm

aussiegoin4it wrote:The Home Office appears to have been stamping a date of 31 October 2015 on approvals received this week (including mine).

The 31 October 2015 was a Saturday. This leads to two extraordinary conclusions:

It does seem suspicious that some people receive their approval letters a few days after the dated approval, while others receive their letter weeks later.
Or it could just mean that 31st October was the date the letter was printed on. It's quite possible for a weekend or overnight print run to be lined up and printed when scheduled.

Also, it's quite possible for there to be a specific day for mailing out to happen. For example, if mailing happened on Wednesdays the mailing from last week (4 November) could include anything from 28 October - 3 November. 2nd class post means anything from 2 days or more, so in this scenario it's not unusual or "suspicious" for a letter dated 31 October received on 9 November.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:23 pm

aussiegoin4it wrote:The Home Office appears to have been stamping a date of 31 October 2015 on approvals received this week (including mine).

What would be the point of falsifying approval dates? I'm guessing you've changed your mind about tearing up your citizenship certificate at your private ceremony, now you won't have an audience? Enjoy being British. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Kima
Newly Registered

Post by Kima » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi
I just applied today via Slough NCS, I just realised that the original life in the UK certificate is missing and there is a copy instead ,is it a mistake?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:59 pm

Kima wrote:Hi
I just applied today via Slough NCS, I just realised that the original life in the UK certificate is missing and there is a copy instead ,is it a mistake?
Thanks
You don't get the original back. It gets sent to HO and you get a copy. You won't need it again anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pg121115
Newly Registered

Post by pg121115 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:12 pm

Gurus , Seniors, Experts please help

Eligibility criteria: 5yrs Tier 1 + 2 yrs ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): Naric - degree

I have applied through NCS for naturalization on May 15 2015 it was a very long wait for me to receive my Biometric letter, finally got it on 11/09/2015 and I did submit on 19/09/2015 after that no news.

Received a letter from HO dated 06/11/2015 on 11/11/2015 requesting original documents like passport, BRP , Degree certificate and Naric letter
Date sent the OR Doc : 12/11/2015

Gurus, seniors, experts can you please throw some light why they have requested the original documents though i have sent the copies of the same thro NCS
I'm worried,any info about this is much appreciated

User1982
Newly Registered

Post by User1982 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:15 am

I also have a date on the acknowledgement letter that falls in the weekend. I think its great that the HO is working in weekends now. (about time as well).
But saying that, in past my family members got their letter within a week, I was a bit surprised that now it takes a month to acknowledge.

User1982
Newly Registered

Post by User1982 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:24 am

I applied for naturalization back in October 2015. Got my bio-metric done.
Although HO try to answer all applications within 6 months, if it will take longer then they will let us know.
I received a letter from HO stating, for my application they already have said 'due to complex issues, it will take longer than 6 months'.
It hasn't even been a month since application date and they already are saying this?!?

Has anyone else received such letter?

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:40 am

User1982 wrote:I applied for naturalization back in October 2015. Got my bio-metric done.
Although HO try to answer all applications within 6 months, if it will take longer then they will let us know.
I received a letter from HO stating, for my application they already have said 'due to complex issues, it will take longer than 6 months'.
It hasn't even been a month since application date and they already are saying this?!?

Has anyone else received such letter?

This letter is used mostly to give them extra time.
With new changes brought in on 12th November, most likely there was an influx in applications in October and this is why!

Please do be patient. There's still many of waiting from May/June/July

padhme
Newly Registered

Post by padhme » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:25 am

^ I'm waiting from April myself and have received (actually not directly, but sent to my MP) a letter saying they'll take more than 6 months due to indicators in my immigration history etcetc. Which I have seen many other members receive as well even though we all have clean immigration histories and straightforward applications. Does anyone know of anyone who has received an approval after receiving an extension letter like that, and if so after how long? The fact that they're giving themselves indefinite more time is really making me very anxious... :(

swax17
Newly Registered

Post by swax17 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:06 am

Quick question guys. I applied on October and done my biometric. How can I change my address as I moved to a new house?? Thanks

ficklepickle123
BANNED

Post by ficklepickle123 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:15 am

swax17 wrote:Quick question guys. I applied on October and done my biometric. How can I change my address as I moved to a new house?? Thanks

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml

swax17
Newly Registered

Post by swax17 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:48 am

ficklepickle123 wrote:
swax17 wrote:Quick question guys. I applied on October and done my biometric. How can I change my address as I moved to a new house?? Thanks

do I just fill the form or u need send them a letter alswell thanks

Baz1313
Newly Registered

Post by Baz1313 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:42 pm

Help,

I applied for naturalisation last month and changed my job today. Do I need to inform HO? What's the procedure to deal with this? Cheers

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by chokaschoza » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:25 am

swax17 wrote:
ficklepickle123 wrote:

do I just fill the form or u need send them a letter alswell thanks
Fill form, send them a letter on the address provided on your NCS receipt (assuming you sent through NCS) and set-up mail redirection with Post office so that all your mails from previous address are sent to the new one. Hope this helps!
Spouse(Wife) Standard
App Submitted Online: 15/09/18
Bio-metrics: Lahore, PK 17/09/18
Supp Docs Sent: 18/09/18
ECO Email: 25/10/18
Docs Returned: 26/10/18
Decision: ALHAMDULILLAH !! Approved 04/12/18

surfer123
Newly Registered

Post by surfer123 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi,

In above thread, its mentioned there was some change in application for naturalisation since November, so applications were flooding in October, what was the change?

I have few questions about my personal application:

I got my ILR in mid june 2015 through tier 1 general route. I have been out of UK since then for 6.5 weeks. when is the earliest I could apply for Naturalisation? Can I make the application already when I complete 9 months stay leaving out this 6.5 weeks or can I make the application in 11 th month or only after 12 months is complete i.e in end of june 2016?

my husband has already moved to US for work purpose, and I am staying here to get the British passport. it is really difficult with our relationship, so I would like to move with him ASAP, is there any loop hole, that I could leave earlier instead of staying for 9 months, I have now completed 5.5 months.

how long does it take since naturalisation application until approval ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:02 pm

surfer123 wrote:only after 12 months is complete i.e in end of june 2016? You have to hold ILR for a full 12 months before applying for citizenship, unless you are married to a British Citizen. What nationality is your husband?

is there any loop hole, that I could leave earlier instead of staying for 9 months Nope, there is no loophole in nationality applications. You will qualify to apply if you meet all the standard requirements in June 2016. Absence in the final 12 months should not be more than 90 days.

how long does it take since naturalisation application until approval ? It can take a couple of months but sometimes it takes 6 months or longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

habibre
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by habibre » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:38 am

I have applied for naturalisation for myself and my spouse on November 06 2015 on Tier 1 G plus 1 year ILR. We have received biometric enrolment letter for my wife only along acknowledgement letter dated 03 December for both the applications.

Should I wait for the letter?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

December 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:05 am

fielddrive wrote:UPDATE

Eligibility criteria: 10 years + ILR
Language criteria met: UK Degree
Method of application: Wandsworth NCS plus Passport
Date of application: 07/12/2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/12/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 16/12/2015 (Dated 11/12/2015)
Date money gone off account (AN): 11/12/2015
Date money gone off account (Passport):
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 16/12/2015 (Dated 11/12/2015)
Biometrics done: 16/12/2015
Date of approval:
Date of ceremony:
Date applied for passports: 07/12/2015
Date passports received:
Hi fieldrive,
Your timeline is excellent. Does this Wandsworth ncs give all original documents returned on same day of appointment and are they professional in their service? Should the applicant bring photocopies too of the required documents??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

solospy
Member of Standing

Re: December 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY

Post by solospy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:32 am

seagul wrote:
fielddrive wrote:UPDATE

Eligibility criteria: 10 years + ILR
Language criteria met: UK Degree
Method of application: Wandsworth NCS plus Passport
Date of application: 07/12/2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/12/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 16/12/2015 (Dated 11/12/2015)
Date money gone off account (AN): 11/12/2015
Date money gone off account (Passport):
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 16/12/2015 (Dated 11/12/2015)
Biometrics done: 16/12/2015
Date of approval:
Date of ceremony:
Date applied for passports: 07/12/2015
Date passports received:
Hi fieldrive,
Your timeline is excellent. Does this Wandsworth ncs give all original documents returned on same day of appointment and are they professional in their service? Should the applicant bring photocopies too of the required documents??
Hi Seagul,

Whats wrong with my timeline :shock: Infact quicker 8)

Anyways my experience with wandsowrth NCS was very good. They are professional and listen to you as well. They will do all photocopies for you so you just need to bring your originals. They will handover the originals back to you.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Re: December 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY

Post by fielddrive » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:42 am

seagul wrote:
Hi fieldrive,
It is what it is. Noone can claim to do anything that makes the process quicker or slower. Wandsworth folks are very professional and highly recommended.
solospy wrote:
Hi Seagul,

Whats wrong with my timeline :shock: Infact quicker 8)

Anyways my experience with wandsowrth NCS was very good. They are professional and listen to you as well. They will do all photocopies for you so you just need to bring your originals. They will handover the originals back to you.
Yea solospy yours was super quick... but looking at the timelines this year, spouses of British people always have better timelines than the rest of us :roll:

good luck!! :)