ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

romanian visit visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pinkuk
Newly Registered

romanian visit visa

Post by pinkuk » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:43 am

ok i have finally decided that i am going to get one just to be on the safe side as i dont want to be turned down at the romanian airport.
i am a non-eu citizen married to a british citizen and im currently on Futher Leave to Remain.
i have read here almost all the post about the directive that allows me to visit without a visa but i am worried cos i dont want to be denied entry.

problem is that i went on the romanian embassy website and it doesnt mention how to apply if i was a spouse of a brit citizen. it doesnt mention anything at all. how the heck would i know what papers i need to produce, how aware are they that i can have it for free ( no mentioning of that either) ..

i successfully obtained a spanish tourist visa few months ago , so do i suppose that they want the same documents?

i rang the embassy to get more details on what to do in my case , and the answering machine wont transfer me to an operator and it neither tells u any useful info other than their address and their website . all it says is go to the website. you go to the website there's nothing useful for my case.

can i apply in post? not in person?
are they aware that i dont need to pay and that its for free? i dont want them to throw my application away :(
what documents do i need to provide as a spouse of an eu citizen?
doh...

well i think i am going to send them bank statements , marriage certificate copy of my hubbys passport, copy of our holiday bookings , 2 pic of me. and travel insurance.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:02 pm

Approaching the Romanian embassy is a hands-on affair, atleast for me. Take just the passports, your marriage certificate and passport size photos along with a completed form and apply.

You will need the Romanian visit visa, issued free of charge, as you have a spouse visa issued under the UK immigration laws and not the Residence Card issued under the EU laws and the Romanians allow visa free entry only to the non-EEA family members who has one that clearly states that the person is a 'family member of EEA national'.
Jabi

mym
Member of Standing

Re: romanian visit visa

Post by mym » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:06 pm

pinkuk wrote: what documents do i need to provide as a spouse of an eu citizen?
Pics, passports and wedding certificate.
--
Mark Y-M
London

pinkuk
Newly Registered

Post by pinkuk » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:31 pm

thank you guys!
do u know if ican send it by post . its a 6 hour drive down to london :(

thanks again!

geoffsinclair

Post by geoffsinclair » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:41 pm

Yes you can apply by post. Send an email to the email address given on the website and confirm that you can - this may take several attempts to get a response. consulara@roemb.co.uk

Applying by post is an inexact science, they will not tell you what you will need to supply or what you are exempt from providing. You run a risk by not sending any money - I sent a cheque and they duly banked it even though I provided an EU marriage certificate proving that I am a third country spouse of an EU national!

Applying in person is a harrowing experience involving long queues and officers who provide very little information.

In both cases, you may end up supplying all of the documents and proof that a third country national would have to supply.

pinkuk
Newly Registered

Post by pinkuk » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:03 pm

^ i cant beleive they charged u! no i w2ont send them any money full stop its supposed to be free grrrr.

geoffsinclair

Post by geoffsinclair » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:23 pm

pinkuk wrote: grrrr.
Agreed.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:17 pm

geoffsinclair wrote:I sent a cheque and they duly banked it even though I provided an EU marriage certificate proving that I am a third country spouse of an EU national
Lodge a complaint against it, with the threat of taking it to the EC and ask for a reimbusement.
pinkuk wrote:its supposed to be free
True. As a suggestion, do take note to visit the 'Chiele (Gorges) of Bicaz' while you are there. Will be totally worth the money even if you have to pay for it.
Jabi

pinkuk
Newly Registered

Post by pinkuk » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:20 am

oh dear..
my husband has changed his mind , he wants us to go t o bulgaria not romania .
pffff
time to research again about the bulgarian visit visa. i guess it will be a pain cos this one i have to submit it in person down in london.

pinkuk
Newly Registered

Post by pinkuk » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:33 pm

another quick question
is the bulgarian visit visa free of charge for spouses of uk citizens?
thanks

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:43 pm

pinkuk wrote:another quick question
is the bulgarian visit visa free of charge for spouses of uk citizens?
thanks
they are idiots they will only issue free visit visa if u have ILR. but u got no chance of free visit visa if u have a 2 yr spouse visa. i reported the issue to solvit but solvit is useless. sent a complaint letter to frattini's office and got a reply saying i am not aan EU citizen so therefoe the jurisdiction dont cover me! its all bulls**t.

pinkuk
Newly Registered

Post by pinkuk » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:48 pm

well they are not part of the schengen visa but part of the eu ... i am not sure if it should be free because of that ...

well they were really prompt in answering my query through email.
i will email them again asking if it is free of charge for spouses on FLR...
im worried that if they say yes it is free then i send the application without any money , then some guy dealing with my papers will deny me the visa...
doh!

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:31 pm

It does not have to be part of the Schengen to be free. Being the part of EU is enough for free visa.

If the guy seeing your paper shakes his head, rejoice. It means 'yes' over there. If he nods, then you are in trouble.
Jabi

pinkuk
Newly Registered

Post by pinkuk » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:19 pm

^ lol
well i emailed them lets see what happens :) will keep u posted...

pinkuk
Newly Registered

Post by pinkuk » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:06 pm

update:
got my passport back in the post this morning.
it took 5 working days to get it sorted.
i did the whole thing through the post and it was free of charge!
great and prompt decent service!

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:30 am

pinkuk wrote:update:
got my passport back in the post this morning.
it took 5 working days to get it sorted.
i did the whole thing through the post and it was free of charge!
great and prompt decent service!

wot documents did u submit?