ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - Am I eligible to apply for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jhm3
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 - Am I eligible to apply for ILR?

Post by jhm3 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:09 pm

the_eclectic wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:The OP is not a WP holder! Title amended (again)!
What do you mean? Are you saying I'm not a work permit holder? I am. I'm on a Tier 2 General Visa which I believe is a work permit, is it not?
Yes, a Tier 2 visa is a "work permit" for sponsored employment, but there was formerly a category of visa that was called a "Work Permit." The old "Work Permits" went away after the introduction of Tier 2 and the Points Based System, but there may still be some rules on the books that pertain to those who held them. So, I think the correction is being made to reflect the fact that while you might be a (Tier 2) work permit holder, you are not a Work Permit holder, if you see what I mean!

the_eclectic
Newly Registered

Post by the_eclectic » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:14 pm

Thank you for the explanation about the 'work permit' term. :)

And also thank you to OR for the links. I've decided to email the person recommended in one of the three links you provided. It seems in her/his case she/he split up 320 days over 2 years, so that is doable and not an issue, but wonder how it would work in my case.

I will email them and see if they're willing to provide advice even if I don't pay and officially apply for ILR status, yet.

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:40 pm

the_eclectic wrote:Thank you for the explanation about the 'work permit' term. :)

And also thank you to OR for the links. I've decided to email the person recommended in one of the three links you provided. It seems in her/his case she/he split up 320 days over 2 years, so that is doable and not an issue, but wonder how it would work in my case.

I will email them and see if they're willing to provide advice even if I don't pay and officially apply for ILR status, yet.
Hi dear,
Your absences are work able just like the 320 absences of another friend here. All you have to do is, to open the SET O form and guid lines .
Since your visa is valid till October and you have already completed five years so you can apply any time. You will not qualify if you apply now since in last one year your absences are more than 180.
The absences are counted back words from the date of application and if you apply like some where in March 2016 this long absence of yours will split in two years and non of the year will have more than 180 days. So if your application date is flexible even your continues absences of 360 days can be split in two years.
I am sure you will understand this, if you don,t let me know and I will be happy to do it for you to find out the date of application :D :D
Please don,t consult any immigration adviser since majority of them knows nothing and this forum is the best place to seek help from and go to same day service in any premium service centre all by your self with all the required documents.
Best of luck
Choudhry

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:18 pm

ChOudhry1 wrote:
the_eclectic wrote:Thank you for the explanation about the 'work permit' term. :)

Hi dear,
Your absences are work able just like the 320 absences of another friend here. All you have to do is, to open the SET O form and guid lines .
Since your visa is valid till October and you have already completed five years so you can apply any time. You will not qualify if you apply now since in last one year your absences are more than 180.
The absences are counted back words from the date of application and if you apply like some where in March 2016 this long absence of yours will split in two years and non of the year will have more than 180 days. So if your application date is flexible even your continues absences of 360 days can be split in two years.
I am sure you will understand this, if you don,t let me know and I will be happy to do it for you to find out the date of application :D :D
Please don,t consult any immigration adviser since majority of them knows nothing and this forum is the best place to seek help from and go to same day service in any premium service centre all by your self with all the required documents.
Best of luck
I have just calculated and if you apply after 21st April 2016 you will not have more than 180 days of absences in any of the last five years. You are just fine.
Choudhry

jhm3
Newly Registered

Post by jhm3 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:14 am

ChOudhry1 wrote:
ChOudhry1 wrote:

Hi dear,
Best of luck
I have just calculated and if you apply after 21st April 2016 you will not have more than 180 days of absences in any of the last five years. You are just fine.
Unfortunately, I don't think so: It looks like the OP was out of the UK for around 250 days between 21 April 2014 and 20 April 2015.

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Yes, you are right as I missed one from the previous year. Sorry
Choudhry