ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed in the Past Applied without SA Statement.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ezaan
Newly Registered

Self employed in the Past Applied without SA Statement.

Post by Ezaan » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:52 am

Hi Board Members,

I have applied for Naturalisation yesterday. I came to know while filling up AN form that Self Assessment statement is required for those who are working as Self employed.

I am working as Employee since last 10 years but once worked as self employed as well when I was on Tier 1. I stopped my Self employment two years ago. I have written down my self employment in the history but only attached my current P60 for my employment. It is not clear from the form whether it is mandatory for those who have worked in the past.

Do you guys think It can cause any problem. My Accountant will order old SA302 on Monday which will take few weeks to arrive but should I send them later or just wait and see if they ask for that.

Has anyone gone through the same situation. Is it Mandatory.?

Thanks in Advance

Rizcon

Re: Self employed in the Past Applied without SA Statement.

Post by Rizcon » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:27 pm

Ezaan wrote:Hi Board Members,

I have applied for Naturalisation yesterday. I came to know while filling up AN form that Self Assessment statement is required for those who are working as Self employed.

I am working as Employee since last 10 years but once worked as self employed as well when I was on Tier 1. I stopped my Self employment two years ago. I have written down my self employment in the history but only attached my current P60 for my employment. It is not clear from the form whether it is mandatory for those who have worked in the past.

Do you guys think It can cause any problem. My Accountant will order old SA302 on Monday which will take few weeks to arrive but should I send them later or just wait and see if they ask for that.

Has anyone gone through the same situation. Is it Mandatory.?

Thanks in Advance
I'm not an expert in this matter, but one of my family friends was in a similar situation like you.She consulted a very well known immigration lawyer in London and applied for her Naturalisation without mentioning any past self employment history.
She was told by lawyer that Form AN only asks for the history in last 10 years if some one is an employee and getting paid by their employer and there is no need to write any self employment in the past unless he/she is still self employed.
Her application is still in process and she didn't put any SA302 in support of her application and I think it's not required as well unless asked by HO.
Please, note that this is just a case same as yours, but double check with a solicitor/lawyer or wait some Senior member to reply.