ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - 30 day vignette replacement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gman1
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - 30 day vignette replacement

Post by gman1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:36 pm

My wife's application for spousal visa was successful and she's got the 30 day visa to travel to the UK. The big issue we have is that they have made the visa valid before the intended travel date we stated on the application form. The homeoffice website clearly states "Successful applicants will be issued with a vignette in their passport which is valid for 30 days from the date you indicated as your intended travel date in your visa application".

Now we're stuck as she can't travel during the 30 day period. Can we appeal about this? If so, how?
The alternative is to get a replacement visa for another 30 days. However there are no clear instructions on how to do so. I've found this:
"30 day vignette replacements can also be replaced using a transfer of conditions, and not as a new application for leave to enter. For information on the current fee for a Transfer of Conditions see the visa fees page on GOV.UK." https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-vignette
The visa fees page doesn't show any info about this.

I've also downloaded the Transfer of Condition form here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... t-form-toc
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... conditions

However, none of these documents relate to replacing/extending the 30 day visa vignette.

I desperately need help with this as UKBA, VFS haven't been helpful so far. I've just been sent a generic reply with no specific help. Please can someone help me with the process in applying for another 30 days visa? Also at what point can we apply? Now, or near the expiry date?

vinny

Re: Spouse Visa - 30 day vignette replacement

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:46 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gman1
Newly Registered

Post by gman1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:00 pm

Thanks Vinny,

As my wife is not in the UK yet, it says she would need to "contact an overseas visa section who will deal with the request." She's from India, and made her application at the centre in Ahmadabad. However, the letter she received was from British High Commission New Delhi confirming successful application.I assume we need to get in touch with a New Delhi office?

Thanks

gman1
Newly Registered

Post by gman1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:41 pm

What's the process in getting another 30 day vignette from India?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:01 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

gman1
Newly Registered

Post by gman1 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:01 pm

Thanks, I understand that we may have to apply for a replacement visa costing £122. But the question is how do i do so?? I can't find no information on the process on official website, and neither does it show the fees.
I really need to know asap. can you help?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:07 pm

vinny wrote:may