ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing RC EEA2 & Passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kabuki
United States of America

Renewing RC EEA2 & Passport

Post by kabuki » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:12 am

My RC will expire in March 2016, so I need to send off to renew asap to ensure I have the required documents to continue working as they check my right to work every year. However, my passport wil expire in Sept 2017, so I'd rather renew that early so I don't run into the issue ofan expired passport with a valid RC. Unfortunatley, I can't apply for EEA4 because there is a few months where we lack documents to prove my EU spouse was exercising treaty rights.

With the timeline, I want to apply for a new RC as soon as we return from our Christmas travel, as I want to get the application started to get my COA with proof of right to work asap. I'll need it as I'll be looking to change jobs or make my current one perm come April 2016. Is it okay to send my current passport with the application, request my passport to be returned, then renew my passport and send the new one back for the RC to be placed in? I'm assuming I might have to send the expired one with it too, but not sure. Anyone do this before or know if it's okay to do this? I don't want to have to spend more money to reapply and wait another 6 months so I have my RC in my new passport.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this!

noajthan

Re: Renewing RC EEA2 & Passport

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:41 pm

kabuki wrote:My RC will expire in March 2016, so I need to send off to renew asap to ensure I have the required documents to continue working as they check my right to work every year. However, my passport wil expire in Sept 2017, so I'd rather renew that early so I don't run into the issue of an expired passport with a valid RC.

Is it okay to send my current passport with the application, request my passport to be returned, then renew my passport and send the new one back for the RC to be placed in? I'm assuming I might have to send the expired one with it too, but not sure. Anyone do this before or know if it's okay to do this? I don't want to have to spend more money to reapply and wait another 6 months so I have my RC in my new passport.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this!
Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... nts_v5.pdf
From 6 April 2015, we started issuing Residence Cards (including Permanent Residence Cards and Derivative Residence Cards) for non European EconomicArea (EEA) family members of EEA or Swiss nationals in a biometric format.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:17 pm

noajthan wrote:
Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... nts_v5.pdf
From 6 April 2015, we started issuing Residence Cards (including Permanent Residence Cards and Derivative Residence Cards) for non European EconomicArea (EEA) family members of EEA or Swiss nationals in a biometric format.
Thanks! I had been looking for a document like that.

Now I'm trying to complete my application. It request details of previous fingerprints. I know I had to give them in June 2010 for my EEA Family Permit, but I don't know the exact day, which it is aksing for. Then 'place at which they were taken' was the British Embassy in Dublin. Then they ask for he British diplomatic post if taken abroad, isn't that just the embassy- the same thing?

All I know is that I'm definitely preparing my PR docs now and then can add to them. I'm not going through this EEA FM appliacation process again. *fingers crossed* the UK doesn't vote to leave the EU.

Thanks for any help in advance.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:33 pm

[quote="kabuki"]Now I'm trying to complete my application. It request details of previous fingerprints. I know I had to give them in June 2010 for my EEA Family Permit, but I don't know the exact day, which it is aksing for. Then 'place at which they were taken' was the British Embassy in Dublin. Then they ask for he British diplomatic post if taken abroad, isn't that just the embassy- the same thing?

.../quote]

Month/year should be adequate - it will be recorded in a computer databank somewhere anyway.

Yes, embassy = diplomatic post.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jjstde
Newly Registered

Post by jjstde » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:45 am

Hey guys, in the result of my lost passport with my eea residence card, my question is;

I have taken before finger prints from EEA FP twice, because I had applied twice EEA FP in the past year.

So this means I no longer will need to take finger prints in the post office from the new EEA FM?

As i have lost my passport with a residence card, do you guys this will speed up my application process?