ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for mom, sister and brother in law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nitro

Visit Visa for mom, sister and brother in law

Post by Nitro » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi there,

I have recently become British citizen. I would like to apply for Visit for my mom, sister and brother-in law.

What documents do I and they need to provide? I don't like their visas refused. my brother in law has got a job there and he can show all the relevant pay slips etc. My sister doesn't work and my mom is just house wife. Me and my rest brothers look after her. She got some savings in her account but haven't got any properties etc in her name, is that mandatory? Please advise what documents and what preparations I and they should make such that the visas are granted.

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Nitro

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visit Visa for mom, sister and brother in law

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:48 pm

They ALL need to (individually) prove their personal and financial circumstances and ties in their home country. The more links to home country they can prove the better it is. They have to convince the ECO that they are 'genuine visitors' and that they will leave the UK at the end of their 'visit'.
I don't like their visas refused
Many people don't, but there have been many refusals this year, even with lots of documents submitted.
what preparations I and they should make such that the visas are granted.
As my first sentence. It depends on their circumstances. ECO base their decisions on the documents and ties provided and if the applicants have a good visitor visa history (if any) to the UK and what the potential duration of visit is etc.
but haven't got any properties etc in her name, is that mandatory?
No, it so not mandatory but she will have to provide as much as possible to prove her circumstances and intent to leave the UK etc.

Standard Visitor Visa (click)

If you search the forum, there are 100s of posts on this in the last few months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.