ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When Schengen embassy ignores rules...

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

When Schengen embassy ignores rules...

Post by a.s.b.o » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:58 pm

My parents consider applying for a schengen visa to be able to travel independently of me. They possess Article 10 EEA Residence Cards issued by UK. I myself an Irish citizen working /self-employed in UK.

I help them to collate info on required docs. Some of them are purely removed from the spirit of Directive 38/2004. I think it is too removed from the true list of documents required from this group of applications (family members of EEA national) that it is done on purpose.

For example:

Lithuanian embassy requires:

1. Original Marriage certificate and its copy
2. Original and copy of the passport or ID Card of the EU/EEA/EFTA spouse.
3. Proof of confirmed and fully paid return ticket to the United Kingdom or to the country of final destination.
4. Last 3 months current account UK bank statement (original and copy)
5. General employment. Recent (not older than one month), official and signed original letter from employer
6. and on and on and on.

https://uk.mfa.lt/uk/en/family-members- ... ta-citizen

I mean these are the embassy of a country that supplies the 4th biggest number of beneficiaries of the freedom of movement right and disregards the same principle on the other hand.

How would you suggest approaching this? Write to embassy? Solvit? Other means to address this? It appears that more and more embassies enter into creative destruction of the list of documents actually required for this category of applicants?

Thank you

liksah

Re: When Schengen embassy ignores rules...

Post by liksah » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:26 pm

That embassy page looks ridiculous and totally out of line. You should report them.

However as I understand it, your parents can't use Directive 2004/38/EC for travel if they are not traveling with you or to join you. Isn't that right?

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:03 pm

@ASBO its really confusing if the lituanians are asking for such a long list of documents for your parents to travel without you to schengen area.and also they are holding a article 10 resident card issued by another EU
country which is the basic thing they need to travel without any visa.
You May see me struggling but you will never see me quitting

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:11 pm

khanmzk wrote:@ASBO its really confusing if the lituanians are asking for such a long list of documents for your parents to travel without you to schengen area.and also they are holding a article 10 resident card issued by another EU
country which is the basic thing they need to travel without any visa.
Hey, you touch on both basis. Ofc, if we travel together, they don't need a visa. f they travel without me, the scroll of requirements is long... and is out of line

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:54 pm

The list is a fairly standard requirement for a Schengen visa. I myself had to submit the same docs even as a spouse of BC in 2010.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:26 pm

CR001 wrote:The list is a fairly standard requirement for a Schengen visa. I myself had to submit the same docs even as a spouse of BC in 2010.
i take it your BC spouse was not exercising sea treaty rights...

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:42 pm

a.s.b.o wrote:
i take it your BC spouse was not exercising EEA treaty rights...