ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SS Query

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

torikelly91
BANNED

SS Query

Post by torikelly91 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi,

I've a query and was hoping simebody more exoerienced maybe able to help me!

If a non EEA partner comes to the UK via Surinder Singh, if they had a Europe issued EHIC, would that be enough or do you need to have CSI aswell?

noajthan

Re: SS Query

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:32 am

torikelly91 wrote:Hi,

I've a query and was hoping simebody more exoerienced maybe able to help me!

If a non EEA partner comes to the UK via Surinder Singh, if they had a Europe issued EHIC, would that be enough or do you need to have CSI aswell?
Do you mean come to UK from another EU country on the start of a Surinder SIngh journey?
If this is the case then what is the sponsor's activity in UK?
Only students (& self-sufficient qualified persons) would be required to have a form of CSI (or alternative).

Or do you mean returning to UK with a UK citizen at the end of a Surinder Singh journey?
(In which case BC's activity is immaterial as BC is not required to exercise treaty rights on returning to UK).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

torikelly91
BANNED

Post by torikelly91 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:42 am

Coming back to the UK fromGermany at the last stage of SS route ?

UK wife, went to Germany and started working. Partner went from Tunisia to Germany to join wife. both working for 8 months now, both have resident cards fromGermany, awaiting outcome of FP.

So I ask if partner would need any CSI or not since he's not EU national but resident of Germany

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:57 pm

torikelly91 wrote:Coming back to the UK fromGermany at the last stage of SS route ?

UK wife, went to Germany and started working. Partner went from Tunisia to Germany to join wife. both working for 8 months now, both have resident cards fromGermany, awaiting outcome of FP.

So I ask if partner would need any CSI or not since he's not EU national but resident of Germany
A UK citizen on returning to Blighty does not need to exercise treaty rights; (case law of Eind, C291/05).

So my understanding is no CSI would be required as the economic activity of sponsor (& also dependent family member) on SS path are immaterial.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

torikelly91
BANNED

Post by torikelly91 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:11 am

ok so the non eu partner coming through as eea family permit doesn't need any kind of CSI or medical insurance , correct?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:50 am

Nope as correctly mentioned non required