ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Advice needed please !!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vega9292
Newly Registered

ILR Advice needed please !!

Post by vega9292 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:18 pm

Hello,

I have been granted a refugee leave to remain back in 2013. I will be applying for ILR as a dependant with my family in 2018.

I was issued a simple police caution last year, and I don't want my family to know about it. I did some research and I found out that if the police caution was older than 24 months then it wouldn't affect the ILR application.

I'm an aerospace engineering student at Nottingham University and I'm planning to do my Masters and PhD, so all this is causing me anxiety and worrying about my future.. etc.

Could anyone please shed some light on this please ? what are the chances of the application being refused/granted if I didn't mention it in the application ?

Thank you.

vega9292
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Advice needed please !!

Post by vega9292 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:05 pm

anyone ? would appreciate your sincere help :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:58 pm

SET(P) states - You must give details of all criminal convictions, including spent convictions.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vega9292
Newly Registered

Post by vega9292 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:44 am

sushdmehta wrote:SET(P) states - You must give details of all criminal convictions, including spent convictions.

Is it possible that the ILR gets refused even if I mentioned it ? Keeping in mind that by the time I apply for it, it will be three years passed on the caution's date. Plus, I'm applying with my family.

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:59 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!