ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Raymandosnr » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:26 am

alhamdulilah my wife got her visa today, travel dates 27 November - 27 decemeber
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:58 am

Raymandosnr wrote:alhamdulilah my wife got her visa today, travel dates 27 November - 27 decemeber
Sorry to be noesy, what was the original refusal for?

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:21 am

Saira143 wrote:
Raymandosnr wrote:alhamdulilah my wife got her visa today, travel dates 27 November - 27 decemeber
Sorry to be noesy, what was the original refusal for?
Cambridge English KET certificate could not be verified online
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:27 pm

@Raymondsnr - SubhaanAllah, very happy for you.

@Saira/Go - My IHS was refunded in my first application, and got the processed email the next day. I know how it feels :(, hope you and your spouses are okay. I was extremely upset, and am now more worried again that they might not give my wife the visa based on new application. I pray that Allah (SWT) gives us Sabr. Ameen.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:36 pm

shakoorh wrote:@Raymondsnr - SubhaanAllah, very happy for you.

@Saira/Go - My IHS was refunded in my first application, and got the processed email the next day. I know how it feels :(, hope you and your spouses are okay. I was extremely upset, and am now more worried again that they might not give my wife the visa based on new application. I pray that Allah (SWT) gives us Sabr. Ameen.
My husband got a call today to collect passport on Monday.

Hope for the best and keep faith in Allah paak, are you starting your new application from scratch?
Can I ask why it was rejected?

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:38 pm

Saira143 wrote:
shakoorh wrote:@Raymondsnr - SubhaanAllah, very happy for you.

My husband got a call today to collect passport on Monday.

Hope for the best and keep faith in Allah paak, are you starting your new application from scratch?
Let us know what the reason for refusal was. I started from scratch for my application because it was my fault I didn't meet the requirements exactly.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:37 pm

Saira143 wrote: My husband got a call today to collect passport on Monday.

Sorry to hear.. i got the call same day as you did but nothing since and reading your post makes me worried too..

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:46 pm

fielddrive wrote:

Sorry to hear.. i got the call same day as you did but nothing since and reading your post makes me worried too..
Keep any eye on your bank account, no news is good news.

Nida.00
Newly Registered

Post by Nida.00 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:09 pm

We are in receipt of a Visa Application for the above named person. We have noted that no pre-paid return envelope has been provided with the documents submitted by the above named applicant or their sponsor. Please provide a suitable sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address.

When a decision has been made, we will be unable to despatch your documents until we receive a pre-paid envelope."

Hi All,

I received this email 29th November and submitted my case from Pakistan on 30th October 2015.

I already send an envelope but does this mean that they will not require anymore documents from me ?

rajam

Post by rajam » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:07 pm

Saira143 wrote:
fielddrive wrote:

Hi, I have been a silent reader on this foum for the past couple of months, I found that this site was useful as it helped me prepare my application for my husband. My husbands visa was refused o the 2nd december, same day as yours. The money was refunded back into my accountwithout an email. I emailed asking for an update, they sent me an email saying that the decision has been made. Timeline is:

5th Aug 2015: Online application
7th August 2015:Biomerics at mirpur
13th Augusrt documents receieved in sheffield
13th september: acknowledgement email received
22nd october: asked for an update (not straightforward email)
12th nov: asked for an update (delay due to further enquiries)
2nd dec: money was refunded + email received upon request of an update
4th Dec: documents received

There is a pile of documents missing, which i will need if i need to apply for a revew/ appeal/reapplication. i have requested this from them, they have sent an email that my query has been forward to the relevenat department. My husband has not received a call to collect his passport yet therefore we do not know the objection. i think it's unfair tha they do ot send a notice of decision wth the documents. does anyone know if they should have sent this to me?

They spent 4 months on my case, a waste of time and a waste of money :cry: and they also had taken out more money from my account when i applied including the transaction fee.
Applied : 5th august 2015
Refused: 7th december 2015
Appealed: 28 december 2015
Deadline: 12 may 2016
Overturned: 2nd august
Passport submitted: 11th august
Still waiting...

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:29 pm

rajam wrote: Hi, I have been a silent reader on this foum for the past couple of months, I found that this site was useful as it helped me prepare my application for my husband. My husbands visa was refused o the 2nd december, same day as yours. The money was refunded back into my accountwithout an email. I emailed asking for an update, they sent me an email saying that the decision has been made. Timeline is:

There is a pile of documents missing, which i will need if i need to apply for a revew/ appeal/reapplication. i have requested this from them, they have sent an email that my query has been forward to the relevenat department. My husband has not received a call to collect his passport yet therefore we do not know the objection. i think it's unfair tha they do ot send a notice of decision wth the documents. does anyone know if they should have sent this to me?

They spent 4 months on my case, a waste of time and a waste of money :cry: and they also had taken out more money from my account when i applied including the transaction fee.
i received my documents back yesterday as well, they have taken out all of my proof of communication which i spent £100 printing as there was about 250 pages.
My husband received a call yesterday to collect passport on Monday. maybe he might receive a call on Monday.

the decision is collected by spouses in pakistan, we don't get to know anything first

rajam

Post by rajam » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:44 pm

Saira143 wrote:
rajam wrote: Hi, I have been a silent reader on this foum for the past couple of months, I found that this site was useful as it helped me prepare my application for my husband. My husbands visa was refused o the 2nd december, same day as yours. The money was refunded back into my accountwithout an email. I emailed asking for an update, they sent me an email saying that the decision has been made. Timeline is:

i received my documents back yesterday as well, they have taken out all of my proof of communication which i spent £100 printing as there was about 250 pages.
My husband received a call yesterday to collect passport on Monday. maybe he might receive a call on Monday.

the decision is collected by spouses in pakistan, we don't get to know anything first
Its true it costs a lot of money to print to print so much. Maybe you could request for them to return it? They kept all of financial requirement documents.
Still waiting...

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:58 pm

My solicitor said he wants to check everything over when we get the reason for refusal on monday and he will email them to send the rest of documents back.

Feels like a long wait till Monday.

rajam

Post by rajam » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:06 pm

Saira143 wrote:My solicitor said he wants to check everything over when we get the reason for refusal on monday and he will email them to send the rest of documents back.

Feels like a long wait till Monday.

I can imagine how you feel. InshaAllah it all works out for you
Still waiting...

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:22 pm

Saira143 wrote:

thanks, i have not received a refund yet so fingers crossed. also the return envelopes are now tracking on RM website so should know either way by next week. i know it is normally evident when you collect the passport but do the return docs tell you if a visa was approved or rejected (in case docs turn up before passport collection)?

arsn04
Newly Registered

Post by arsn04 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:31 pm

Slam all
My visa got refused on 8 Oct 15. I haven't received my IHS payment back. They once email that its refunded in November but they still has not sent it yet. I've escalated so many times but they just give another email address to complain. They r just moving us in circles.
Can anyone know what to do.n where to submit my complain.

Cooperation will b highly appreciated.
Thanx

Qures

Post by Qures » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:01 pm

arsn04 wrote:Slam all
My visa got refused on 8 Oct 15. I haven't received my IHS payment back. They once email that its refunded in November but they still has not sent it yet. I've escalated so many times but they just give another email address to complain. They r just moving us in circles.
Can anyone know what to do.n where to submit my complain.

Cooperation will b highly appreciated.
Thanx
Ring UKVI they will forward ur complain and send u the refund.

Y did u refuse bro what was the reason?
Biometric:21/04/15
Refused:21/07/15
Appeal:14/08/15
Payment taken:27/08/15
Notice:11/09/15
Review deadline: 25/12/15
Hearing Date:05/05/2016
Call letter:31/08/2016
Passport submitted:01/09/2016
Passport collected:09/09/2016

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:55 pm

Saira143 wrote:

How did you manage to spend £100 on printing 250 pages? Should have cost you no more than the price of a pack of 500 sheets of A4 paper, around £5 if you have a printer at home. And if your printer does double sided printing then it would be half 250. :shock:
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:35 pm

fielddrive wrote:
Saira143 wrote:

thanks, i have not received a refund yet so fingers crossed. also the return envelopes are now tracking on RM website so should know either way by next week. i know it is normally evident when you collect the passport but do the return docs tell you if a visa was approved or rejected (in case docs turn up before passport collection)?
They don't put anything in the docs they send back to, they more likely to take some things out.

@i.need.help it was the ink that cost me so much

worried1

Post by worried1 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:50 am

hi my visa got refused 23rd November 2015
So far the only docs that are missing are
the western union reciepts,
As my application was done in Pakistan,
once the file arrives to UK
i can check what docs are missing.

Qasimx25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Qasimx25 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:37 pm

worried1 wrote:hi my visa got refused 23rd November 2015
Hi, just a thought I have read that people are having documents missing when returned, is it because the envelope that was sent to returned does not cover full postage , I sent two large envelopes with £1.60 postage each so that they can send all back when my application is assessed

worried1

Post by worried1 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:20 pm

Qasimx25 wrote:
worried1 wrote:hi my visa got refused 23rd November 2015
Hi, just a thought I have read that people are having documents missing when returned, is it because the envelope that was sent to returned does not cover full postage , I sent two large envelopes with £1.60 postage each so that they can send all back when my application is assessed
My application was done in pakistan,
before rules changed to sheffield,
when my spouse went to VAC in Pakistan to collect passport
and they gave all docs back and when my
spouse checked all paperwork the western union
reciepts are missing.

wambam
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by wambam » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:23 am

Just a quick question. Is the applicant required to take the supporting documents along when going for Biometrics?

Qasimx25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Qasimx25 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:27 am

wambam wrote:Just a quick question. Is the applicant required to take the supporting documents along when going for Biometrics?
No, spouse must take a valid passport, the appointment letter/email print it off and take two passport size photos

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:28 pm

My wife got a call today and she went straight away to pick up her passport. Lo and behold the visa application was approved... she has a month in January to enter the UK. This is after I was interviewed on phone and my wife refused once last year.

Online application: 20th Aug
Biometrics: 11th Sep
Docs sent: 21st Sep
Email: 22nd Sep
Phone interview: 25th Nov
Email+Call+Collection: 7th Dec

Wish everyone the best, we used a solicitor this time after being refused previously.