ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Daniel2010
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by Daniel2010 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:57 pm

teardrops wrote:
Favour100 wrote:Please help, the waiting is killing, does anyone have any ideal whats going on with HO, why the delay?? Please share your ideal

I applied for PR in 16/5/2015
Biometric 01/6/2015
COA Dated 9/6/2015

Up till this hour i have not heard anything from HO, the application is more than six months and nearly 2 weeks now.
I applied for Pr in completion of my 5 years in total thats include time spent as an EEA family member and time spent on retained right of residents,

I retained my right of residents in july 2014, though it was previously refused for not providing a valid passport but was later issued to me after providing a valid one with a new application and was issued in july 2014.

Please is anyone waiting from May :roll: ????? Please share your thought i beg of you

Thank you
Have you ever tried ringing them and find out as to why they are taking that long ? They will give you some information becuase it is over 6 months now. Try and have your ref # incase they ask you for it to do the check.
@Favour100

I also applied on 18/05/2015 upon which my account was charged on 20/05/15 and till this day i have not heard anything from the Ho except on 29/10/2015 i received a questionnaire which i have filled out and sent off back even tho i rang them which they returned my call stating he can confirm no decision had been made however i will need to keep waiting .... so in a nut shell i think there is alot of us in the same boat!!!

Its a waiting game..

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:35 am

Daniel2010 wrote:
teardrops wrote:
Favour100 wrote:Please help, the waiting is killing, does anyone have any ideal whats going on with HO, why the delay?? Please share your ideal

Biometric 01/6/2015
COA Dated 9/6/2015

Up till this hour i have not heard anything from HO, the application is more than six months and nearly 2 weeks now.
I applied for Pr in completion of my 5 years in total thats include time spent as an EEA family member and time spent on retained right of residents,

I retained my right of residents in july 2014, though it was previously refused for not providing a valid passport but was later issued to me after providing a valid one with a new application and was issued in july 2014.

Please is anyone waiting from May :roll: ????? Please share your thought i beg of you

Thank you
Have you ever tried ringing them and find out as to why they are taking that long ? They will give you some information becuase it is over 6 months now. Try and have your ref # incase they ask you for it to do the check.
@Favour100

I also applied on 18/05/2015 upon which my account was charged on 20/05/15 and till this day i have not heard anything from the Ho except on 29/10/2015 i received a questionnaire which i have filled out and sent off back even tho i rang them which they returned my call stating he can confirm no decision had been made however i will need to keep waiting .... so in a nut shell i think there is alot of us in the same boat!!!

Its a waiting game..
@Favour100 May I asked you what sort of questions do they ask you in the questionaire ? I submit my application and did my Biometric and got my COA and am now waiting for an answer but I was never asked to filled out any questionaire. Am just wondering if it's a random thing they are doing or does it apply to everyone.

Daniel2010
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel2010 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:18 am

Have you ever tried ringing them and find out as to why they are taking that long ? They will give you some information becuase it is over 6 months now. Try and have your ref # incase they ask you for it to do the check.[/quote]

@Favour100

Its a waiting game..[/quote]

@Favour100 May I asked you what sort of questions do they ask you in the questionaire ? I submit my application and did my Biometric and got my COA and am now waiting for an answer but I was never asked to filled out any questionaire. Am just wondering if it's a random thing they are doing or does it apply to everyone.[/quote]

@teardrops : Having applied for PR 16/05/2015 they sent tru a questionnaire for me and my spouse just to basically request more documentary and photographic evidence about our 5 year relationship/marriage. They was asking more like same questions already included on the application form but in a different way!! The questions was if we understand and speak english if yes documentary evidence should be attached, then where and when did we meet, why did we decided to get married?,have we met each others parents if yes pictures?, holiday pictures together with return tickets,list of guest who attended the wedding in details,prove of ho habitation and and kids or joint financial responcibilities. the list was long as it was a 13 pages form.

i had 2 weeks to return that and its been over 1 months still no reply.

I just hope for the best as its been over 6 months now.

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:08 pm

Daniel2010 wrote:Have you ever tried ringing them and find out as to why they are taking that long ? They will give you some information becuase it is over 6 months now. Try and have your ref # incase they ask you for it to do the check.
@Favour100

Its a waiting game..[/quote]

@Favour100 May I asked you what sort of questions do they ask you in the questionaire ? I submit my application and did my Biometric and got my COA and am now waiting for an answer but I was never asked to filled out any questionaire. Am just wondering if it's a random thing they are doing or does it apply to everyone.[/quote]

@teardrops : Having applied for PR 16/05/2015 they sent tru a questionnaire for me and my spouse just to basically request more documentary and photographic evidence about our 5 year relationship/marriage. They was asking more like same questions already included on the application form but in a different way!! The questions was if we understand and speak english if yes documentary evidence should be attached, then where and when did we meet, why did we decided to get married?,have we met each others parents if yes pictures?, holiday pictures together with return tickets,list of guest who attended the wedding in details,prove of ho habitation and and kids or joint financial responcibilities. the list was long as it was a 13 pages form.

i had 2 weeks to return that and its been over 1 months still no reply.

I just hope for the best as its been over 6 months now.[/quote]

Flavor@100 That's a lot for them to be asking for to be honest. I have applied for a resident permit so am hoping they don't asked for those things.

Favour100

Post by Favour100 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:33 am

teardrops wrote:

Biometric 01/6/2015
COA Dated 9/6/2015

Thank you

Thanks teardrop, i have called and called, they kept taking my case id for a referer to call me back and if they do call back all they ask me to do is wait wait wait till the decision is finalise mmmmm

things have really changed with the HO handle thing compare years back :shock:
Seek You Shall Find, Ask you shall Be Given, Knock The Doors Shall be Open For You... Said The Lord God Almighty

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:15 pm

Favour100 wrote:
teardrops wrote:

Biometric 01/6/2015
COA Dated 9/6/2015

Thank you

Thanks teardrop, i have called and called, they kept taking my case id for a referer to call me back and if they do call back all they ask me to do is wait wait wait till the decision is finalise mmmmm

things have really changed with the HO handle thing compare years back :shock:
Flavour100 Lets hope it will be a surprise when you finally get a hold of it. But if I were you I would be on the phone 5 days per week until I get an answer or they sent the package out to me. Lets' not forget that they have your application way pass the time they are suppose to have it for hence you have all right to demand as to what is happening. Just keep calling and explained to then nicely that you need to get a job to support your family or you need to go on holiday with your family. Your hands and feet are tied now becuase of the dealyed in getting a reply.

Always remember that the people that works in Home Office are people like you and I so don't be afraid to speak with them. They are not as scary as people expected them to be. You demanding an answer doesn't mean you are going to get angry upset and been rude when speaking to them. I guess they are professional workers who will listen and understand your stand point. I have spoken to Home Office several times and I was never given the impression that they are either rude or don't want to speak to me. The only problem is that if your application is not over six months then they will never give you any information on that and it is totally understandable.

Just a bit of advise, make sure you keep checking your letter box becuase when I had mind permit sent out to me 5 yrs ago after it was there for a little over six months. I rang them up and ask what is happening to my application, I was told it is in the mailing room, I waited day after day until I decided to call up my local sorting office, only to know that my package is been held there for sometimes and was about to make its way back to the home office. What had happen is that I never receive the sign for delivery card from the postman and that was the reason it was held at the sorting office.

Lana23
Newly Registered

Post by Lana23 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've applied for PR at beginning of June, and today received my documents in post. I got refusal for my PR due to lack of Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. I am devastated. My husband (EEA national) came to work to UK in 2008, and then became a student in 2010 - hence why insurance is required. We've never been asked to apply for insurance in past, and only came across it when completing EEA4. Does anyone know what would be the best route to resolve this? Any help is much appreciated.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi lana, is your eea husband a student at the time of your PR application?

If not, how long was he a student for since 2010 u mentioned?
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Lana23
Newly Registered

Post by Lana23 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:57 pm

smallpie wrote:Hi lana, is your eea husband a student at the time of your PR application?

If not, how long was he a student for since 2010 u mentioned?
Hi smallpie,

yes, he was a student when I applied for my PR. He recently graduated and is now looking for work :cry: He also got his registration certificate in summer of 2010 before he went to University

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:19 pm

Hi lana,

According to what i know, eea national studying in the UK must have CSI, tho it may not the necessary as such. But its important to have it, especially when their family member is making an application to HO, thru the eea national. Its one of the requirements as HO is concerned.
And as you said, your husband was a student at the time of your application, so reasons why HO acted upon it.

Please check this link for further information www.ukcisa.org.uk

Let me know if the link yield any informations for u.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Lana23
Newly Registered

Post by Lana23 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:16 am

smallpie wrote:Hi lana,

According to what i know, eea national studying in the UK must have CSI, tho it may not the necessary as such. But its important to have it, especially when their family member is making an application to HO, thru the eea national. Its one of the requirements as HO is concerned.
And as you said, your husband was a student at the time of your application, so reasons why HO acted upon it.

Please check this link for further information http://www.ukcisa.org.uk

Let me know if the link yield any informations for u.
Tnank you smallpie. I realise it now, but in past this was never mentioned, whenever he applied for registration certificate ( I know now they send accompanying letter now to advise of CSI), or applied for uni. I just don't understand how system works. Obviously I cannot get the CSI now and have it backdated so my application is still being refused, and they are telling me to leave country. I got a new job recently, and have started part-time studies, and cannot believe this has to go down because of insurance.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:01 am

Am sure there is a way out.
Going back to your country is a standard template letter HO uses.
As soon i see a link or how u can go about it, i will update u asap, but better u also see if the experts on this forum can also give valuable advices. See to post into other eea topics etc
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:16 am

http://www.vwv.co.uk/what-s-happening/p ... -a-student

Lana, kindly see to the link above, if relevant.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

joseph83
Newly Registered

Post by joseph83 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:29 pm

Application Sent As Non Eea : 03/07/2015
Received by UKBA : 06/07/2015
Credit Card Charged : 07/07/2015
Biometric Letter Received : 20/07/2015
Biometrics Sent : 21/07/2015
COA Dated: 06/08/2015
COA Received: 10/08/2015
PR Biometric Card Recieved: 02/12/2015

5 months

Wishing all the best to everyone.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:39 pm

Congratulations Joseph..
5 months wait not too bad really, a friend of mine got his within 3mnths. I just sent mine last week 25th November , they took money 27th November.. So my waiting game starts. I still got abt 5mnths left on my RC and we have no plans to travel for now.

How long left on your RC, before your PR application?
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Daniel2010
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel2010 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:53 pm

analucidi wrote:
bishwo1981 wrote:hello everyone ,
my application for eea4 is now over six months and no response from home office. I contacted them this morning and I received two different answers. first time the call centre staff said my application is under consideration stage and no decision has been made and I called the second time to explain that it has already been six months and why my application is still pending? To my surprise the customer service lady from home office said, if the application is already six months then the application is most likely to be refused and its in the queue to be send out so I should not call home office for the outcome of the application. Now, my question to respected gurus and forum member is , if the application is not decided by six months, does that mean the application is refused as the lady said? if it is to be refused than isn't it better to refuse early within six months so the applicant can follow the necessary step. I am very annoyed by the HO answer and bit worried. any suggestions please
Hello bishwo1981, I have seen so many people waiting for more than six months. But a few days ago my husband told me that Solveit agency advised us to call them if our application is reviewed for more than six months. In fact they say six months and one day is enough, because apparently it is AGAINST EUROPEAN LAW to make applicants wait so long. It was a revelation, since I have witnessed so many cases, some guy had more than 11 months! I can't comment on it, since it wasn't me having this conversation. But I guess it worse investigating. We also have issues with our application and waiting is killing me, I am dreaming to come home and see my family on Christmas. Hope you are feeling better, it's going to be over soon.
Much Love!

Hello bishwo1981

Have you had any updates yet from the Ho??

Have you tried tracking the parcel at all??

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:31 pm

Lana23 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I've applied for PR at beginning of June, and today received my documents in post. I got refusal for my PR due to lack of Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. I am devastated. My husband (EEA national) came to work to UK in 2008, and then became a student in 2010 - hence why insurance is required. We've never been asked to apply for insurance in past, and only came across it when completing EEA4. Does anyone know what would be the best route to resolve this? Any help is much appreciated.

I applied in June also and was been refused even though I had CIS but my ex wasn't working throughout the five years hence the refusal. You may want to consider applying for another 5 years and try getting your CIS in place A.SA.P.

Lana23
Newly Registered

Post by Lana23 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:01 pm

Sorry to hear that teardrops...Hard times..Even if I re-apply does this mean I will lose the right to work?

cubinec
Newly Registered

Post by cubinec » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:43 pm

Applied for PR 08/Jul/2015
COA never come
Document return with approved letter 05/12/2015

Spend a lot of time on this forum. Good luck to every one .

Kokosari
inactive

Post by Kokosari » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:39 pm

Hello everyone in the forum. Eneyone applied pr September. Please share your experience.

cubinec
Newly Registered

Post by cubinec » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:39 pm

I have PR after retained rights . Do i need shengen to go to Eu, if yes please tell me what docs do i need at embassy to apply for shengen visa. Thank you

lcsnv
Newly Registered

Post by lcsnv » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Hello everybody, I applied for PR on 22/Jul/2015
Then I received a letter requesting my Biometrics on 05/Aug/2015
I received a letter confirming the had received my documents on 26/Aug/2015 while saying it could take up to 6 months (is it really that long?) Also it said I could keep working or seeking work as normal during those 6 months (is this letter the one you guys are referring as COA?)
the I received another one 2 weeks later saying exactly the same but with the address of a different office of the Home Office.
I'm still waiting for my documents, so it's been 4 months and a half now, is this normal?
Thank you!

lcsnv
Newly Registered

Post by lcsnv » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:06 pm

cubinec wrote:Applied for PR 08/Jul/2015
COA never come

Very glad to hear that, I applied just 2 weeks after you did so....fingers crossed

Daniel2010
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel2010 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:10 pm

cubinec wrote:I have PR after retained rights . Do i need shengen to go to Eu, if yes please tell me what docs do i need at embassy to apply for shengen visa. Thank you

Yes !! you would need a schengen visa to travel within the Eu member state however the best place to find the lattest information would be on tls contact who is an agent to french embassy for french visa.

The website is quite explanatory so you would need to update your self on it as the rules keep changing.

Daniel2010
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel2010 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:14 pm

lcsnv wrote:
cubinec wrote:Applied for PR 08/Jul/2015
COA never come

Very glad to hear that, I applied just 2 weeks after you did so....fingers crossed
@ lcsnv Welcome to the world of waiting i have applied since 18/05/2015 and am still waiting no idea of when m documents will be returned to me however i call the Ho every week and all they say is they have not put anything yet in the post to me so all i have to keep doing is wait....

I hope am not going to wait forever and ever to get my documents back so for all of us in the same boat good luck...