ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual Citizens and Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ArtfulBadger
Newly Registered

Dual Citizens and Passport Application

Post by ArtfulBadger » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:23 pm

I have recently received my citizenship approval and have my ceremony booked.

Today I picked up a passport application at the Post and want to have it ready as soon as the ceremony is done.

Have I understood it correctly? I'm also a German citizen and will have dual citizenship. Do I have to send my (active, valid) German passport with the application? Do they send it back with the British one? I can't find this answer anywhere in the booklet they provide.

Thanks!

LilyLalilu

Re: Dual Citizens and Passport Application

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Yes, you will have to send your current German passport or ID card with your application. They will send it back to you along with the other supporting docs once your application has been processed.
Your UK passport will be sent to you separately.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

ArtfulBadger
Newly Registered

Post by ArtfulBadger » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:44 pm

Thank you for the information, LilyLalilu!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:34 pm

Note you will be called for an interview before any first British passport will be issued.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.