ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JaguarXF

Re: Varying leave from FLR(FP) to SET LR at PEO without pass

Post by JaguarXF » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:15 am

You can always PM (Private message) me for any help you require. May Allah grant us better understanding of our lives. Deep thinking, detailed calculation and long term planning and preparation is what will make you victorious. You have to be like a snake, if grabbed by the tail, attack from the head; if grabbed by the head attack from the tail; if grabbed from the middle, attack from both, the head and the tail. In short you need to be flexible in your approach towards your defense.

Almost every one of us knows what we need to do, what is equally important to understand is that what we should not be doing. Deep down in every persons mind joining this board, psychologically it is this, what we should not be doing fear which leads to connect so many people around the globe.

My advice again,
Don't gamble, know your options and play safe
Kindly remember me in your prayers.

I wish you all the best.

Wasalam.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:45 pm

thanks a lot bro i will pm you ..

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi all,
I have applied for FLR(FP) today and intend to vary it to SET(LR) by 20th Jan 16.

I am also thinking of going PEO. Please advise if that is a possibility? A cover letter should be enough explain the variation or is there any specific form which is required to vary application?

Many thanks

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:27 pm

gameover_786 wrote:Hi all,
I have applied for FLR(FP) today and intend to vary it to SET(LR) by 20th Jan 16.

I am also thinking of going PEO. Please advise if that is a possibility? A cover letter should be enough explain the variation or is there any specific form which is required to vary application?

Many thanks

Hey, My SET (LR) application was deferred @ Croydon PEO on 25/11/2015, due to not having my original passports with me. Passports are with HO as I have a FLR(FP) pending.

I know some people will say, I shouldn't have went to PEO. I took my risk. I had copies of passports, Original LIUK certificate & Original UK degree certificate for Language requirements. But case worker called me & told me she can't take a decision as she doesn't have my original passports. I aksed her how long that might take, she told me she isn't sure about that, depends on how long FLR(FP) department takes to send my passports to Croydon ! £400 wasted for nothing ! Now hope they will atleast process the application asap as the wait is killing me....

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:46 pm

UK007 wrote:
gameover_786 wrote:Hi all,

Many thanks

Hey, My SET (LR) application was deferred @ Croydon PEO on 25/11/2015, due to not having my original passports with me. Passports are with HO as I have a FLR(FP) pending.

I know some people will say, I shouldn't have went to PEO. I took my risk. I had copies of passports, Original LIUK certificate & Original UK degree certificate for Language requirements. But case worker called me & told me she can't take a decision as she doesn't have my original passports. I aksed her how long that might take, she told me she isn't sure about that, depends on how long FLR(FP) department takes to send my passports to Croydon ! £400 wasted for nothing ! Now hope they will atleast process the application asap as the wait is killing me....
Thank UK007 for your quick reply, I do not think that your £400 are wasted as you are now sure that the variation of application has been successful and hopefully you will get a decision in the next few days.

Tell me about your FLR(FP) application, when did you apply for it ? I am trying to get an idea whether I would be able to vary my application before a decision or not.

many thanks

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:23 am

gameover_786 wrote: Thank UK007 for your quick reply, I do not think that your £400 are wasted as you are now sure that the variation of application has been successful and hopefully you will get a decision in the next few days.

Tell me about your FLR(FP) application, when did you apply for it ? I am trying to get an idea whether I would be able to vary my application before a decision or not.

many thanks
You welcome gameoner_786. Would be glad if I could help a fellow member with my experience. My timeline for FLR(FP) is as follows....

FLR (FP) application posted Next day special delivery on 12/10/2015
Money deducted by HO for my application on 16/10/2015
Acknowledgement letter received on 28/10/2015
Biometric letter received on 21/11/2015
Biometric enrolled on 25/11/2015
I haven't received any refund for FLR(FP) fee or IHS yet !

Hope I will get a positive decision within next few days. 10 days gone, counting continues....

cookies
Scotland

FLR(FP) application

Post by cookies » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi,

I've recently applied for an FLR (FP) extension (previously FLR(O) in 2013)

My timeline is in signature. Hope all goes well for everyone!

Question: How fast or slow are UKBA this year? Thanks!
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

JaguarXF

Re: FLR(FP) application

Post by JaguarXF » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:13 am

Dear UK 007,

As an initiator of this thread am pleased to see the thread has moved on. Just a quick question UK 007, you said that,

I aksed her how long that might take, she told me she isn't sure about that, depends on how long FLR(FP) department takes to send my passports to Croydon

May I ask please, whether if the case worker mentioned anything about from where the passports for your FLR(FP) would be coming from (Did the caseworker mention your passport would come from Sheffield or some other place to Croyden???)

Thank you in advance.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:36 am

hmm. i know some one on this forum got a decision on window without passport but he got the biometric card in 2-3 weeks. is it due to not vaying for ilr on window , is there anything like that, or you just book an appointment ..
since now they send you back , what is it that you have to wait for the outcome of flr dp or did you already vary for the ilr postal..

tbh i was considering going window for ilr without passport.. seems like a gamble of 400 but again it all depends.
Jaguar buddy what ia your current situation good to catchup with you again..

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi guys,

Anyone on this forum who varried an application before by post please share your experience. Did homeoffice send an acknowledgement for application varried successfully?

Many thanks

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi haris_zam,

Good to hear from you again. The person you are referring to who got his ILR Biometric Card in 3 weeks time goes by the name of , "D3thmark" He attended the Sheffield PSC(Premium Service Center). If you click on the link below for Tab SET(LR),

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... iew?pli=1#

You shall see that at No. 32 for D3thmark on the list where he states,
Varied FLR FP application to SET LR 10 years, went same day premium service but they could not make a decision on the day as my passport was not with me, got decision after 3 weeks!
Rather than sending in an application by post and waiting for 5 to 6 months, It's still better to pay extra £400 for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR) and get ILR in 3 weeks. Getting ILR in 3 weeks has numerous benefits, first of all it quickly enables you to work, hence not relying on Tier 2 Sponsors List. Secondly you gain the benefit of applying for British Nationality early as well.

I confirmed this with my immigration solicitors and they too said that by going for PSC one can get his/her ILR in 3 to 4 weeks. Paying £400 extra basically puts you on the priority list to get your case sorted faster. It is note worthy that not all cases are decided by case workers at PSC on the same day. Going for PSC is hence a lot better than waiting for 6 months.

I shall be attending my appointment for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR), this month in December. I shall keep members at the forum updated, as soon as I attend my appointment at PSC. By the way haris_zam, its been more than 5 months ever since I applied for FLR(FP) and still haven't received any decision. Since its December and most of the Home Office staff shall be going on holidays, I doubt if any decision on my FLR(FP) would be made with in this month of December 2015. No decision means variation to SET (LR) with fee for FLR(FP) and IHS being refundable. From the way I have read, the Home Office does not makes a refund automatically. After a successful variation one has to send in an application for refund to Home Office at a specific address. I shall ask my solicitors more on refunds process in future.

All the best.

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:13 pm

By the way haris_zam,

Do read my last post at,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1269081

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:31 pm

JaguarXF wrote:Dear UK 007,

As an initiator of this thread am pleased to see the thread has moved on. Just a quick question UK 007, you said that,

I aksed her how long that might take, she told me she isn't sure about that, depends on how long FLR(FP) department takes to send my passports to Croydon

May I ask please, whether if the case worker mentioned anything about from where the passports for your FLR(FP) would be coming from (Did the caseworker mention your passport would come from Sheffield or some other place to Croyden???)

Thank you in advance.
She hasn't mentioned any specific place, just mentioned FLR(FP) department !
By the way, Alhamdulillah, I got my approval letter today, dated 03/12/2015 !

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:41 pm

Dear UK 007,

I thank you for the update. Many many congrats on getting your approval letter. MashAllah.

Sincerely,
JaguarXF

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:49 pm

UK007 wrote:
JaguarXF wrote:Dear UK 007,

Thank you in advance.
She hasn't mentioned any specific place, just mentioned FLR(FP) department !
By the way, Alhamdulillah, I got my approval letter today, dated 03/12/2015 !
Great news UK007, well done and thank your for letting us know

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:48 am

Jaguar buddy thanka a lot. I cant agree more about the atated benefits mentioned by you ..
I hope ans pray for you in sha Allah your Ilr gets sorted out. what date is your appointment ma sha allah..?

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi haris_zam,

Hope your are doing well. Will let you know of my experience once I am over with it. Kindly remember me in your prayers.

All the best.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:56 am

will do definately buddy , in sha allah you will be through ,
after you get yours , please allow me to bug you for a couple of times over the phone possibly , i would like to speak to you , its always more effective, well for my confidence and understanding atleast . In sha Allah .

mean while I am planning to book for my LIUK.

thanks a lot buddy and loads of prayers .
ameen

ryne222
Newly Registered

Post by ryne222 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:13 am

hi guy i am updating people regarding the FLR application through solicitor please be aware do not go to this solicitor. although he claimed to be solicitor.
his name is

Moderator Edit: Details removed to protect both member and the Board from libel laws.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:44 am

ryne222 wrote:hi guy i am updating people regarding the FLR application through solicitor please be aware do not go to this solicitor. although he claimed to be solicitor.
his name is

he is fraud and also do sham wedding

thanks a lot buddy... are u safe ?

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:46 pm

Hi haris_zam,

Its a pity how these solicitors play with peoples future. I had been to my solicitors. Although they are genuine but they cost me a fortune to vary my FLR(FP) file to SET(LR). To be honest SET(LR) file is much more straightforward and easier to fill when compared to FLR(FP). My recommendation would be to hire a solicitor for FLR(FP) but when it comes to varying a file to SET(LR) an individual can do that themselves provided they have a proper knowledge of drafting the "Cover Letter". No doubt the cover letter drafted by my solicitors for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR) is impressive but it cost me lot of money.

I shall in future get a copy of the cover letter for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR) uploaded for the members at this forum. Personal details would however be omitted for obvious reasons. Hopefully this shall help people save a lot of money in future for variation to SET(LR). Members, you only need a proper cover letter for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR). The SET(LR) file just like Tier 4 General adult student is not that difficult to fill in, that you can do yourself. Save your money.

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:20 pm

JaguarXF wrote:Hi haris_zam,

Its a pity how these solicitors play with peoples future. I had been to my solicitors. Although they are genuine but they cost me a fortune to vary my FLR(FP) file to SET(LR). To be honest SET(LR) file is much more straightforward and easier to fill when compared to FLR(FP). My recommendation would be to hire a solicitor for FLR(FP) but when it comes to varying a file to SET(LR) an individual can do that themselves provided they have a proper knowledge of drafting the "Cover Letter". No doubt the cover letter drafted by my solicitors for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR) is impressive but it cost me lot of money.

I shall in future get a copy of the cover letter for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR) uploaded for the members at this forum. Personal details would however be omitted for obvious reasons. Hopefully this shall help people save a lot of money in future for variation to SET(LR). Members, you only need a proper cover letter for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR). The SET(LR) file just like Tier 4 General adult student is not that difficult to fill in, that you can do yourself. Save your money.
Thaht would be a great help Jaguar, would really appreciate your help here.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:37 am

JaguarXF wrote:Hi haris_zam,

Dear jaguar

I totally agree with you , and i highly commend what you are doing for this forum and you passion to help out. Allah bless you .
I ,as a matter of fact was thinking the same thing , ilr is straightforward but solicitoras ask for approx 1500to do nothing but a cover letter , i know it is the safety net that we pay for but after all the education we have had Alhamdulillah , I think we can save that money on this . i pray you get your ilr sorted.
you and many others on this forum are helping their brothers and sisters in faith and humanity ..

respect...

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Dear haris_zam & gameover_786,

I am happy to help out other members at this forum. If one goes to a solicitor for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR), the solicitors would represent their client, filling out the SET(LR) form and drafting a cover letter. The problem then is that you never get to have a copy of your documents with cover letter where the file is being sent by post through your solicitors. In my case since it was a premium appointment so my solicitors had no other choice but to hand over all docs + cover letter so that I can take them with me to the PSC (Premium Service Center).

I do not have a digital copy of the letter, but shall convert the scanned copy of the cover letter through OCR (Optical Character Recognition) have mine and my solicitors details edited for obvious reasons and have it uploaded for members at this forum. Hopefully the cover letter shall be able to serve its purpose.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:53 pm

haris_zam wrote:
ryne222 wrote:hi guy i am updating people regarding the FLR application through solicitor please be aware do not go to this solicitor. although he claimed to be solicitor.
his name is

thanks a lot buddy... are u safe ?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.