ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

no stamp on re-entry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

calvinandhobbes
Newly Registered

no stamp on re-entry

Post by calvinandhobbes » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:59 pm

Hi! I'm a newbie here.
I'm going to croydon HO on wednesday for my ILR visa on a WP, and i'm gathering my papers now. On the application form where they asked for absences in the UK, my concern is: on my holiday to my hometown in 2003, my passport was not stamped on my re-entry here to UK, would that affect my application? I don't like to leave out this absence in my application form as it may come back to me. All my other trips were accounted for in my passport.

I'd appreciate any feedback on these, and suggestions on handling this as i am at my wit's end.

Thanks a lot.

Rena
Newly Registered

Post by Rena » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:33 pm

Do u have got yr home country exit & arrival stamped in yr passport? BTW which country passport u have?

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:08 pm

this happened to me as well. Get your file from the BIA just in case. or make sure the embarkation stamp is there. if the embarkation stamp is there then you have to mention the absence and the fact that the immigration officer did not stamp on re-entry.

calvinandhobbes
Newly Registered

Post by calvinandhobbes » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:17 pm

I have a stamp of my arrival in my home country, and also of the departure. what i dont have is the stamp of my re-entry to UK. I'm from the Philippines.

For iceman, how do i get my file from BIA, as I mentioned my appointment is on wednesday already.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:57 pm

It takes about 40 days to get your file through a Subject Access Request. Have you kept your boarding pass stub or airline ticket?