ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help for PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jorge

Help for PR

Post by jorge » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi guys,

I would like to know when I do send my documents for PR. should I included an extra prepayed envelope for Home office send my documents back when they are done with my case?
Thanks in advance

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Help for PR

Post by ohara » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:59 am

Hi, I asked the same question a couple of days ago. Are you applying a PR card, or confirmation that you already have PR? Home Office guidance says they aim to process PR card applications within 6 months (looking on this forum it normally takes around 5). For a document confirming that you already have PR, the guidance says this should be provided immediately upon request.

You can use the Home Office online form to request your documents back - https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml - it seems you can do this as soon as they've received your application. Make sure you don't cancel the application though!

jorge

Post by jorge » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Thanks for your reply Hora.
I will send my documents to apply for PR. I was confuse if I need to send an extra envelope included with my documents to home office. But I read the guideline I don't think so I need.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:02 am

No they will post your documents back to you.

annitaSo
Newly Registered

Post by annitaSo » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:49 am

Do they send them back First Class tracked, though? Because you need to make sure that the postman will try to get your signature and not leave the envelope with a neighbour or on your door.

jorge

Post by jorge » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:44 pm

Thanks guys.
I already send my documents. Now I don't need to think about it anymore. I just wait until I get my PR. I think I did sent all the evidences to get PR. I just hope the person who will deal with my case he will understand my evidences.