ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: Effective date of application is ncs appointment date?

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Casa wrote:
Universal soldier wrote:Call again same line and ask that is he a really ncs advisor because date of application is when ukba receive application and they don't care either ncs sent or you yourself. NCS does accept appointment before completing 12 months and continue to hold then send once 12 months finished.
Not any longer. :|
Yes casa. I just heard that in evening but I think in many ways it would be favorable for applicants. But I also forecast that I may mean that now NCS has more influence and the ukba process more quickly after the form & documents being checked by NCS :wink:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:23 pm

Universal soldier wrote:Yes casa. I just heard that in evening but I think in many ways it would be favorable for applicants. But I also forecast that I may mean that now NCS has more influence and the ukba process more quickly after the form & documents being checked by NCS :wink:
NCS is only a facilitating 3rd party, similar to VFS abroad. They are unlikely to have any form of influence on the nationality directorate and processes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Universal soldier wrote:Yes casa. I just heard that in evening but I think in many ways it would be favorable for applicants. But I also forecast that I may mean that now NCS has more influence and the ukba process more quickly after the form & documents being checked by NCS :wink:
NCS is only a facilitating 3rd party, similar to VFS abroad. They are unlikely to have any form of influence on the nationality directorate and processes.
Exactly.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:22 am

Then why the NCS authority has been made enriched that when they receive the application then it would be the date of application as before ukba used to not care when ncs received & send. There must definitely be inner objective but few of the council's are already awarded as highlighted by other member in other thread that these councils will eliminate the passport interview. Although we have no official confirmation but based on guess the ncs may have now more control than before and may imply more rigorous check than before and yes the outcome will still be announced by ukba. Anyway if the new guidelines published so definitely the form will be changed anytime before/around mid November.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:17 am

TheMouseReturns wrote:Page 18 of the Guide AN (October 2015):
The date of application will be the date your form is received by the Home Office, Nationality Checking Service or the local British government representative as shown above. It is not the date on which you send it.
The inclusion of NCS is new in the October guide compared to the July guide. The guide was added to the gov website on 28 October.
Thanks. Seems like the advice given was correct.

The July version say
"The date of application will be the date your form is received by the Home Office or the local British government representative as shown above. It is not the date on which you send it".

I think it is good addition as now you can plan accordingly.
Thanks
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:24 pm

Universal soldier wrote:Then why the NCS authority has been made enriched that when they receive the application then it would be the date of application as before ukba used to not care when ncs received & send.
One reason could be to stop putting an unnecessary load onto councils who have in the past been requested to hold onto applications until a certain date. In such a case, who is responsible if the council inadvertently sends it off with the rest from the day so it arrives before the applicant is eligible, as has happened? The change puts the responsibility to apply at the correct time via NCS onto the applicant - a good move in my mind.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Self employed applicants proof of income

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi guys,

In the AN guide, on page 16, it says

SELF-EMPLOYED APPLICANTS
If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require
• The most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of
Account

Does this means SA302? or does it means something else?

Thanks

tripping

Re: Self employed applicants proof of income

Post by tripping » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:24 pm

That is correct. Just ring up the tax office, and get them to send them through to you. Takes about a week.

I told them to send me all the SA302 from when I started contracting via limited company, including my most recent one, to show Home Office proof of my personal tax lodgements during these years. Thats just me being pedantic.

Good luck!

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

SA302 Required?

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:25 am

Hello,

I am a limited company directory & an employee. I going to apply for citizenship in coming weeks. Do I have to submit the SA302 along with AN form? or any other tax related document is required?

Thanks

tripping

Re: SA302 Required?

Post by tripping » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:42 am

SA302 is proof of all your historical personal tax returns, so they will help a lot. Call up HMRC and get them to send to you, but bear in mind its coming up to Christmas but they should arrive within a week or so. Did you receive any Statement of Account from HMRC? I would also send that together with the SA302. I did not send any P60 for this criteria, but if you cannot get SA302 for whatever reason, the P60s could help (other posters who did that may be able assist).

Note you are a DIRECTOR not employee of your limited company -

Good luck mate!!!

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:10 am

SA302 will help a lot and it doesnt take very long to order and come through (looking at 2 weeks max). Definitely suggest getting it.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:47 pm

As per above , here is your summary

1) Send your self assessment statement for the current year
2) Send your SA302 for the current year

In my opinion , it's good for the AN form . Please further see the requirement in AN booklet .
Thanks

Ali

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:56 pm

fielddrive wrote:SA302 will help a lot and it doesnt take very long to order and come through (looking at 2 weeks max). Definitely suggest getting it.
I was a director of a limited company back in 2010-11 but once I got full time offer from my company in August 2011, I closed my limited company and since then I am on PAYE. I have already paid all of my taxes back in 2011-2012.

I am going to send my last 4 years P60 and latest payslip along with my application. But please advise should I ask for SA302 from HMRC to cover my 2010-2011 self employment activities and submit that along with my application?

My NCS appointment is already booked for 11th January 2016.

tripping

Post by tripping » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:13 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
fielddrive wrote:
I am going to send my last 4 years P60 and latest payslip along with my application. But please advise should I ask for SA302 from HMRC to cover my 2010-2011 self employment activities and submit that along with my application?

My NCS appointment is already booked for 11th January 2016.
I would definitely say yes, get those SAS302 for 2010-2011, in fact why not get SA302 for the 4 years as well ? There is no harm in submitting them together with your P60s. Maybe a bit overkill but hey, you want to make sure its as smooth a process as possible with the least delay right.I presume you are doing this via NCS, you can ask them if its necessary to submit the SA302s with your P60s. Much rather be over than under prepared, less chance of HO coming back with questions.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:38 pm

I am also in the same boat. I have my appointment this week. I earned as self employed from 2009 to 2013. My return on 2014 was nil and then i closed my account. I tried calling HMRC but they kept me on hold for hours and then disconnected. Even if they issue me my return. The most recent is 2015 when i was not self employed. If i go back to 2014 my return will be nil. My SA302 will only show my salary income but all my previous returns from 2009 to 2013 are showing high incomes.
I am not sending anything with my Application accept current P60. HMRC has sent me my Account Summary for current year ending April 2015 which shows my employment income and NI amount. I am thinking of attaching that one as well.

Please Note: If you check Old AN Form the requirement for providing SA statement was still there but was for those only who were applying as Self Employed means whatever was their current status. In old form you just had to enter your current status either Employee or Self employed or Director and if employee? you just had to enter Tax Ref and in case you were SE you had to provide SA Statement. The only difference is now that we have to mention our 10 year history as well but they have not added that we have to provide them the supporting documents of whatever we have been doing in the past.

This is just my opinion and i might be wrong.

Many Thanks
ZR

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:00 pm

zzzindagi wrote:I am also in the same boat. I have my appointment this week. I earned as self employed from 2009 to 2013. My return on 2014 was nil and then i closed my account. I tried calling HMRC but they kept me on hold for hours and then disconnected. Even if they issue me my return. The most recent is 2015 when i was not self employed. If i go back to 2014 my return will be nil. My SA302 will only show my salary income but all my previous returns from 2009 to 2013 are showing high incomes.
I am not sending anything with my Application accept current P60. HMRC has sent me my Account Summary for current year ending April 2015 which shows my employment income and NI amount. I am thinking of attaching that one as well.

Please Note: If you check Old AN Form the requirement for providing SA statement was still there but was for those only who were applying as Self Employed means whatever was their current status. In old form you just had to enter your current status either Employee or Self employed or Director and if employee? you just had to enter Tax Ref and in case you were SE you had to provide SA Statement. The only difference is now that we have to mention our 10 year history as well but they have not added that we have to provide them the supporting documents of whatever we have been doing in the past.

Many Thanks
I think you are right it is not mandatory to attach all the retrospective documents as I heard the more documents you attach the more you invite Home Office to dig out your history and ask you queries.
My self employment only lasted for 14 months when I was on contract and since then I am on permanent PAYE payroll for 4.5 years. We should stick to the documents that are required by Home Office.

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:18 am

Arsal385 wrote:
zzzindagi wrote:I am also in the same boat. I have my appointment this week. I earned as self employed from 2009 to 2013. My return on 2014 was nil and then i closed my account. I tried calling HMRC but they kept me on hold for hours and then disconnected. Even if they issue me my return. The most recent is 2015 when i was not self employed. If i go back to 2014 my return will be nil. My SA302 will only show my salary income but all my previous returns from 2009 to 2013 are showing high incomes.

Many Thanks
I think you are right it is not mandatory to attach all the retrospective documents as I heard the more documents you attach the more you invite Home Office to dig out your history and ask you queries.
My self employment only lasted for 14 months when I was on contract and since then I am on permanent PAYE payroll for 4.5 years. We should stick to the documents that are required by Home Office.
AN Form just asks for the employment history within last 10 years as PAYE. It doesn't say that if some one was self employed in the past need to write his/her self employment history & nothing is mentioned in AN form Guidelines.
Why you want to write your past self employment history,if you are an employee and paying the taxes via PAYE and attach the irrelevant documents to make your case complicated?
Correct me,if I am wrong, but see the form carefully. It just asks about your nature of job,name of employer and the periods worked for the employer.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

English language exemption, ILR after Oct 2013?

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:33 am

Hi guys,

My Tier 1 (G) leave to enter was approved in 2009 and got ILR in 2014 with the same IELTS certficate. For English language requirements, in the AN form, there is an option
"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;"

Now the question is, do I have to resubmit the same expired IELTS certificate or not?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English language exemption, ILR after Oct 2013?

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:40 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:54 am

Thanks for replying, however the FAQ does not say much about the proof.
On AN guide, page 14 it says
Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK
From 12th November 2015, we will only accept English language qualifications from
the Home Office approved list of acceptable qualifications.
You will need to provide both:
• Letter confirming success in the Life in the UK Test, stamped and signed by
the Test Supervisor;

and either
• a Home Office approved qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, from
the Secure English Language Test list. You should ensure that you state the
test number at section 1.23 of the form);
OR
• confirmation that you met the English language requirement, on or after 28th
October 2013, in order to obtain settlement

OR
• Your original degree certificate and one of the following:
1. A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your
degree and the level of English
2. An English language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC (this will also show
us that UK NARIC are content that your qualification is equivalent to a UK
degree)
3. A Statement of Comparability (SoC) from UK NARIC confirming your
qualification is comparable to a UK degree, plus an official letter from your
university with your name, the title of the degree, and that the qualification was
taught in English.
4. An original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree
was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except
Canada), plus and original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming that
the equivalent level of your degree, OR
• Your passport showing that you are a national of a majority English
speaking country
In my case, only the bold red options are applicable I believe (Please correct me if wrong?). But for "confirmation that you met the English language requirement, on or after 28th
October 2013, in order to obtain settlement", I think, BRP certificate and ILR approval letter should do the job. Right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:03 am

BRP certificate and ILR approval letter should do the job. Right?
No, the above does not 'prove' Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK, it proves you have ILR.

You need to submit LIUK test certificate again and English B1. There have been recent refusals for not meeting the English requirement and in particular using English tests used in previous immigration applications.

Have you clicked on the links in the link I provided, it contains all the information you need.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:08 am

UKBALoveStory wrote:
Now the question is, do I have to resubmit the same expired IELTS certificate or not?

Thanks
Yes just include the expired IELTS along with the application to show as evidence as how you met the requirement in the first place.

Even though there is now this option to met requirements included in the form but using NCS they will insist on how you met it and to include those documents.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:17 am

CR001 wrote: No, the above does not 'prove' Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK, it proves you have ILR.
True, however It will also prove the date of approval is after Oct 2013. isn't it?
CR001 wrote: You need to submit LIUK test certificate again
agreed
CR001 wrote: and English B1.
Confused. I don't have an up-to date English certificate (expired IELTS is there which I submitted during my initial Tier 1 Approval, My degree does not give me 10 points for English and I don't have a NARIC.

My NCS appointment is non 22 December, so do I have to do
either a B1 equivalent test OR
get a NARIC equivalent of UK bachelor and letter from my university

and I can't submit the old IELTS certificate or no proof at all?
CR001 wrote: There have been recent refusals for not meeting the English requirement and in particular using English tests used in previous immigration applications.
I have not seen any examples here on the forum. I am not questioning you, but if you can provide me a link that will be great.
CR001 wrote: Have you clicked on the links in the link I provided, it contains all the information you need.
Yes, I did, hence more confused :(

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:27 am

Page 14 of AN Booklet November says

If you have already satisfied the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and
life in the UK for settlement, by applying on or after 28 October 2013, you do not have to
demonstrate it again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:54 am

What is the precise details of the IELTS you have done (including awarding body etc)? Q6 in the link I provided explains about expired test you can submit.
Q6: What if my qualification (Q4) has expired?

Some qualifications on the Home Office’s list will expire after 2 years. If you’re applying for citizenship you can still use an expired test if your B1 level qualification was accepted when settling in the UK.
The most recent one I could find where a new test result was requested.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 98520.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)