ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Daniel2010
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by Daniel2010 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:17 pm

bishwo1981 wrote:Nothing Mate Nothing, no news, no update. I am in similar situation like you and I understand your pain. I am still running up and down the stairs like headless chicken. still got that weird look to the postman. nothing has changed. at the moment I am looking after my wife full time and spending some quality time with her.my relationship with my wife has never been this good and I have to thank home office for the delay. our relationship has gone from strength to strength. I am very stressed coz of the PR but happy that I gain my wife's trust. who knows what the future holds? no news is good news, lets see till the end of this month. I have done everything , mp contacted, many complaint letters, pretty much everything except me going to Liverpool in person with a bouquet and chocolates :evil: . good luck to everyone

Hello Bishwo 1981 would you kindly update us if there has been any latest development as to you case as we sort of in similar situation so would you share your thoughts??

cubinec
Newly Registered

Post by cubinec » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:50 pm

lcsnv wrote:
cubinec wrote:Applied for PR 08/Jul/2015
COA never come
Document return with approved letter 05/12/2015

Spend a lot of time on this forum. Good luck to every one .

Very glad to hear that, I applied just 2 weeks after you did so....fingers crossed

Good luck! Few people get the PR in less then 5 months including me, so prepare get your one early

cubinec
Newly Registered

Post by cubinec » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:19 pm

I have my PR under eu law(had divorced from my eu wife). I want to bring my new non eu wife to uk, which visa I should apply ?? Thanks

Divine25
Newly Registered

Post by Divine25 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:29 pm

Hi everyone am new to this forum I have already submitted my EEA4 before I came across this forum my issue now is that my partner has been in this country since 2007 and he has been working he became a student 2009 while he was still working paying tax and national insurance, when I did my application I did not add CIS could because I thought it wouldn't matter because he was still working normally while studying does anybody know if it is compulsory that I should ve added the CIS even though he was paying his tax and national insurance contribution. Please I need to know please help help.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:33 pm

Hi divine, i think the cis came into effect by ukba in 2011, for eu nationals students.
Is yr partner still a student now?
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Divine25
Newly Registered

Post by Divine25 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:02 am

smallpie wrote:Hi divine, i think the cis came into effect by ukba in 2011, for eu nationals students.
No he graduated 2013 but while he was a student he was working full time.

Divine25
Newly Registered

Post by Divine25 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:06 am

smallpie wrote:Hi divine, i think the cis came into effect by ukba in 2011, for eu nationals students.
No he is not he graduated 2013,though while he was a student he was working full time.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:07 am

Divine25 wrote:Hi everyone am new to this forum I have already submitted my EEA4 before I came across this forum my issue now is that my partner has been in this country since 2007 and he has been working he became a student 2009 while he was still working paying tax and national insurance, when I did my application I did not add CIS could because I thought it wouldn't matter because he was still working normally while studying does anybody know if it is compulsory that I should ve added the CIS even though he was paying his tax and national insurance contribution. Please I need to know please help help.
Same with... My EEA family was working full time and and also studying from 2010 till 2013 with no cis. We never heard about this CIS thing so now I don't know what to think cos it is already 8weeks we applied together on the same form. Let hope for a good news

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:21 am

Honestly guys, its abit confusing when it comes to using the cis thing, for deciding PR application. I know it was implemented in 2011, at somepoint.. And saying for wat av read, if am right tho, eu nationals as a student in uk, must av the cis for the period of them being a student from 2011, in other to make application for their family members in uk. ( and i think the cis shld Cover the period ot being student).

What am not sure about is the situation when the eea nationals is also actively working at same time, as being a student. (paying tax, NI).
Maybe it worth calling HO itself, to get more information on them.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Divine25
Newly Registered

Post by Divine25 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:29 am

ally007 wrote:
Divine25 wrote:Hi everyone am new to this forum I have already submitted my EEA4 before I came across this forum my issue now is that my partner has been in this country since 2007 and he has been working he became a student 2009 while he was still working paying tax and national insurance, when I did my application I did not add CIS could because I thought it wouldn't matter because he was still working normally while studying does anybody know if it is compulsory that I should ve added the CIS even though he was paying his tax and national insurance contribution. Please I need to know please help help.
Same with... My EEA family was working full time and and also studying from 2010 till 2013 with no cis. We never heard about this CIS thing so now I don't know what to think cos it is already 8weeks we applied together on the same form. Let hope for a good news
I applied on 27/7/2015,i checked and it was signed for and received on the 28th .I did not hear anything and money was collected from my account 5 days later , so I waited till 3wks after, still nothing I write a letter on the 20/8/15 expressing my my concern and they issued the biometrics on the 28/08/2015 received on the 3/09/15 done at the post office same day. Received COA on the 27 /9/15 dated 22/9/15. sorry my partner graduated 2012.I am hoping and praying waiting to hear good news this month.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:45 am

Maybe the cis is ruled out from PR application if the eea nationals is working and studying same time.. Coz while working, "Tax and NI" is paid.
Wld be nice if you call HO themselves regarding this or do more Reading into such. Although, your application is already with them.

Coz i remembered my eea partner ringing HO for more explanatory on required docs during my RC application, and she was adviced accordingly.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Divine25
Newly Registered

Post by Divine25 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:02 am

smallpie wrote:Maybe the cis is ruled out from PR application if the eea nationals is working and studying same time.. Coz while working, "Tax and NI" is paid.
Wld be nice if you call HO themselves regarding this or do more Reading into such. Although, your application is already with them.

Coz i remembered my eea partner ringing HO for more explanatory on required docs during my RC application, and she was adviced accordingly.
Hi Smallpie,I think it is if you are here soley on the bases of studing and according to ths linkwww.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/.../EEA-and-Swiss-students if you are here just to study and it does not affect application that were applied before 22/6/15 however mine is 27/7/15 but my partner graduated 2012.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:44 am

Divine25 wrote:
smallpie wrote:Maybe the cis is ruled out from PR application if the eea nationals is working and studying same time.. Coz while working, "Tax and NI" is paid.

Hi Smallpie,I think it is if you are here soley on the bases of studing and according to ths linkwww.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/.../EEA-and-Swiss-students if you are here just to study and it does not affect application that were applied before 22/6/15 however mine is 27/7/15 but my partner graduated 2012.

I just came across this link about this so called CIS. Please check it out..http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 87607.html

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:51 am

Anyone applied as EEA qualified person for document certifying PR? How long did it take? EU law says they must issue it immediately, I just wanted to get an idea of what the Home Office's interpretation of immediate actually is.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:05 am

ohara wrote:Anyone applied as EEA qualified person for document certifying PR? How long did it take? EU law says they must issue it immediately, I just wanted to get an idea of what the Home Office's interpretation of immediate actually is.

lol with HO, there is nothing like immediate processing. for eea member, it can take upto 4months and for non eea, it can take upto or even more than 6months.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:27 am

My mistake, there is no use of the word immediate. The legislation says:
18. (1) The Secretary of State must issue an EEA national with a permanent right of residence under regulation 15 with a document certifying permanent residence as soon as possible after an application for such a document and proof that the EEA national has such a right is submitted to the Secretary of State.
So the actual wording as "as soon as possible". If this actually takes 4 months, it is a joke.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:50 am

ohara wrote:My mistake, there is no use of the word immediate. The legislation says:
18. (1) The Secretary of State must issue an EEA national with a permanent right of residence under regulation 15 with a document certifying permanent residence as soon as possible after an application for such a document and proof that the EEA national has such a right is submitted to the Secretary of State.
So the actual wording as "as soon as possible". If this actually takes 4 months, it is a joke.
Not a joke bro... HO do whatever they want. in the letter they will sent to you when you apply is that.. it might take 6months but i think eea nationals get their pr quickly than non eea.

mbist

Post by mbist » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:50 am

cubinec wrote:I have my PR under eu law(had divorced from my eu wife). I want to bring my new non eu wife to uk, which visa I should apply ?? Thanks
Hi Cubinec,
Congrats for your PR which you got in 5 months. I applied on 5 Nov and hoping to get it on time.
With regards to your non EU wife's visa, I am in the same situation, divorced from EU wife, now married to non-EEA wife, waiting for my PR, then we will apply for her visa from her country. You should follow this link:
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

The form will have to be filled in online and docs to be submitted by hand/ post. remember that she might have to give an English test costing around £130 and also pay a NHS health surcharge which is around £600 annually. Check in the link as it depends on the country of application.

Best of luck and keep me updated as I am following the same steps as you, just 4 months behind ;)

maywether
Newly Registered

Post by maywether » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:32 pm

hi everyone, I got my PR on July 2015. me and my wife had some misunderstanding and she filed for divorce. she was having an affair with this guy for almost 2 years which I find out later after my PR got approved. she wants to move in with him and cancel my visa. she is so focus to cancel my visa and she already inform home office about the divorce but I haven't received anything yet from home office. I am worried that they will revoke my PR. I want the divorce as well. who wants to be with an unfaithful wife? its a nightmare to live with such a corrupt individual. my question is will the home office question me about the divorce and why the divorce happened so early after getting the PR? I want to go and live with my family for some time to clear my head and I cant bear to stay in uk after finding out about the affair. do the immigration officer stop me from entering uk after the divorce to my wife. my PR states that I am a family member of the EU citizen which will not be the case after few months. I am worried and need suggestion from everyone.

mbist

Post by mbist » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:03 pm

maywether wrote:hi everyone, I got my PR on July 2015. me and my wife had some misunderstanding and she filed for divorce. she was having an affair with this guy for almost 2 years which I find out later after my PR got approved. she wants to move in with him and cancel my visa. she is so focus to cancel my visa and she already inform home office about the divorce but I haven't received anything yet from home office. I am worried that they will revoke my PR. I want the divorce as well. who wants to be with an unfaithful wife? its a nightmare to live with such a corrupt individual. my question is will the home office question me about the divorce and why the divorce happened so early after getting the PR? I want to go and live with my family for some time to clear my head and I cant bear to stay in uk after finding out about the affair. do the immigration officer stop me from entering uk after the divorce to my wife. my PR states that I am a family member of the EU citizen which will not be the case after few months. I am worried and need suggestion from everyone.
Hi Maywether,
Sorry to hear about your situation. You have got a PR and there is no way HO can revoke it unless you are involved in a criminal offence. If you get a divorce after that, it won't affect your PR status at all.Your wife cannot do anything to get it cancelled. So just relax.

For your peace of mind, visit an immigration solicitor for a one off meeting and confirm this from them and which might just cost your around £50.

Cheers!

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Hi maywether,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

As far as i know, yr PR cannot be cancelled as it wasn't acquired thru illegal route, and no evidence to such. U got its thru yr eu wife, and all u both need to do is to seperate thru divorce process and documentations(decree absolute). No matter what she informed HO, nothing will happen to yr PR.

Acquiring PR, u dont seems to be in any way conditioned to be with her or not to travel, u have become yr own free agent. You cam travel as much as u like, but i think u must not be out of uk more than 12 or 24mnths at once.

Before u travel, try if possible to make sure the divorce process started..so that can be on record, shld issues arises later.

Wish u all the best..
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

maywether
Newly Registered

Post by maywether » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:13 pm

thank you smallpie and mbist. our relationship was never good from the start. she is a compulsive lair and unfaithful. she had affair number of times but I didn't have the evidence to prove it. we broke up after 2 years of our marriage and separated but she wanted to keep the relationship and marriage, she filed for divorce and got the decree nisi but she changed her mind and didn't apply for decree absolute and that was three years ago. She did inform the home office about the separation but we lived in the same flat. it was on off relationship from the start. she supported my application for PR with her cover letter stating clearly that she wants to continue with the marriage and I got the PR approved on July 2015. now she is back with this guy and would like to get decree absolute from the previous decree nisi. she is very determined to revoke my PR and this time also she informed the home office. I am worried that home office will assume that our marriage is for convenience. which is not. we have been together for 9 years. she is playing mind games with me to keep me under her shoes. I am worried and confused and stressed. any help plz
my case is not straight forward that is why I am bit worried.

donbright
Newly Registered

Post by donbright » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:20 pm

maywether wrote:thank you smallpie and mbist. our relationship was never good from the start. she is a compulsive lair and unfaithful. she had affair number of times but I didn't have the evidence to prove it. we broke up after 2 years of our marriage and separated but she wanted to keep the relationship and marriage, she filed for divorce and got the decree nisi but she changed her mind and didn't apply for decree absolute and that was three years ago. She did inform the home office about the separation but we lived in the same flat. it was on off relationship from the start. she supported my application for PR with her cover letter stating clearly that she wants to continue with the marriage and I got the PR approved on July 2015. now she is back with this guy and would like to get decree absolute from the previous decree nisi. she is very determined to revoke my PR and this time also she informed the home office. I am worried that home office will assume that our marriage is for convenience. which is not. we have been together for 9 years. she is playing mind games with me to keep me under her shoes. I am worried and confused and stressed. any help plz
you have nothing to worry about mate. PR means you can continue to live in the UK as settled individual. It can only be cancelled if you stay away from the UK for more than 2 years.

mbist

Post by mbist » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:59 pm

maywether wrote:thank you smallpie and mbist. our relationship was never good from the start. she is a compulsive lair and unfaithful. she had affair number of times but I didn't have the evidence to prove it. we broke up after 2 years of our marriage and separated but she wanted to keep the relationship and marriage, she filed for divorce and got the decree nisi but she changed her mind and didn't apply for decree absolute and that was three years ago. She did inform the home office about the separation but we lived in the same flat. it was on off relationship from the start. she supported my application for PR with her cover letter stating clearly that she wants to continue with the marriage and I got the PR approved on July 2015. now she is back with this guy and would like to get decree absolute from the previous decree nisi. she is very determined to revoke my PR and this time also she informed the home office. I am worried that home office will assume that our marriage is for convenience. which is not. we have been together for 9 years. she is playing mind games with me to keep me under her shoes. I am worried and confused and stressed. any help plz
As I said earlier, you don't need to worry whatever the personal situation was with your partner, HO doesn't care. And at the time of applying PR , your partner supported it with a letter, now if she says that the marriage was for convenience, won't she be the one targeted by HO? She's just trying to scare you and make life difficult for you. So chill or meet a solicitor for assurance.

BOA
Newly Registered

Post by BOA » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi guys!
Just got my PR today.
Good luck to everyone.