ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision made, most likely rejection or approved?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mp3wizard
Newly Registered

Decision made, most likely rejection or approved?

Post by mp3wizard » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:08 pm

A decision has been made on my wife's settlement visa, it will take 4 days in the post and it is killing us, so we can manage our expectations please can you indicate what the decision is likely to be. it was assigned to ECO and the following day they made a decision.

Everything was provided except payslips, as they are weekly and electronic, instead I gave a letter from my company detailing my position, my salary and the length of time I have been working there this was on headed paper and signed.

Also I crossed out transactions on my bank statement apart from salary being paid in and mortgage as I didn't think they would need to see anything else.

Are they likely to reject the application on these points? as I was hopeing if it was an issue they would contact us and I could send any additional information they require.

Like I said we met exactly all other requirements to the letter, what do you think the decision is?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Decision made, most likely rejection or approved?

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:34 pm

You will need to wait to receive the passport back. We are not mind readers so cannot tell you which way the application went.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mp3wizard
Newly Registered

Post by mp3wizard » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:37 pm

thanks for that CR001, that was really worth you typing wasn't it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:40 pm

mp3wizard wrote:A decision has been made on my wife's settlement visa, it will take 4 days in the post and it is killing us, so we can manage our expectations please can you indicate what the decision is likely to be. it was assigned to ECO and the following day they made a decision.

Everything was provided except payslips, as they are weekly and electronic, instead I gave a letter from my company detailing my position, my salary and the length of time I have been working there this was on headed paper and signed.

Also I crossed out transactions on my bank statement apart from salary being paid in and mortgage as I didn't think they would need to see anything else.

Are they likely to reject the application on these points? as I was hopeing if it was an issue they would contact us and I could send any additional information they require.

Like I said we met exactly all other requirements to the letter, what do you think the decision is?
To be honest I think you're likely to fail on the following points:
1. 6 months of pay slips are mandatory and must be submitted with a letter from the employer. The letter on its own isn't sufficient.
2. The ECO will want to see bank statements showing all transactions.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mp3wizard
Newly Registered

Post by mp3wizard » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:42 pm

right ok thanks, well lesson learned.

can we resubmit straight away? do you know the cost of a priority application from Brazil?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:10 pm

mp3wizard wrote:right ok thanks, well lesson learned.

can we resubmit straight away? do you know the cost of a priority application from Brazil?
If refused you can re-apply immediately, assuming you have all the documents required. Here's a link to the VFS Global info:
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/brazil/engli ... vices.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mp3wizard
Newly Registered

Post by mp3wizard » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:41 pm

Thanks Casa,

The paperwork still hasn't arrived yet, i'm 95% sure it's a rejection from your comments, but is there a glimmer of hope that the NHS Surcharge hasn't been refunded yet? The decision was made 1 week ago, is it normally refunded within a certain timeframe?

mp3wizard
Newly Registered

Nhs surcharge refund due to rejection timescale

Post by mp3wizard » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:55 am

A decision has been made, The paperwork still hasn't arrived yet, i'm 95% sure it's a rejection from your comments, but is there a glimmer of hope that the NHS Surcharge hasn't been refunded yet? The decision was made 8 days ago, is it normally refunded within a certain timeframe?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:03 am

Threads merged (click). Please keep questions/queries in one thread/topic (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mp3wizard
Newly Registered

Post by mp3wizard » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:08 am

Yes miss

mp3wizard
Newly Registered

Post by mp3wizard » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Visa Granted, thanks all for your help.

My advice to people would be once your application is in, just wait for the result, don't spend to long on this forum, as after hearing messages on here, I was so negative about the result that people convinced me it would fail.

It didn't fail, it got approved, keep believing and keep the faith.

Good luck all!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:09 pm

Congratulations, am happy you have had success :D
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mp3wizard
Newly Registered

Post by mp3wizard » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Thankyou,

I feel extremely lucky to have it granted without payslips, at a guess I would say it was probably because the rest of our application was very strong, and also a very informative letter from my employer confirming my salary details.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:29 pm

Yes, lucky indeed without payslips. So important to be prepared and present a strong case, well done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)