ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR QUERIES PLS HELP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jyoti_001
BANNED

ILR QUERIES PLS HELP

Post by jyoti_001 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:47 pm

hi there,

looking for some advice regarding my ilr.

my details are:-

came uk in 2007 on student dependent visa.
got tier1 general in 2010 as main applicant for 2 year showed multiple paye job.
got extended in 2012 for 3 year showed paye + self employed income.

now planning to apply for final ILR which is due in dec 2015.

while preparing I requested my tax history statement to hmrc which i received yesterday and found the company I worked for in 2010 hasnt paid any tax and there is no any record, what I should do to keep safe???

and during my self employement there is a small difference in hmrc and ho figures, but i have requested to make amendement and still waiting for there reply, will i be ok once I paid the difference??

pls share your advice...

thx
jyoti

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR QUERY PLS HELP

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:55 am

jyoti_001 wrote:while preparing I requested my tax history statement to hmrc which i received yesterday and found the company I worked for in 2010 hasnt paid any tax and there is no any record, what I should do to keep safe???
Ask the employer in question why? If you cannot do that, then the only option may be to pay the taxes due from your own pocket. Check with HMRC if that is possible.
jyoti_001 wrote:and during my self employement there is a small difference in hmrc and ho figures, but i have requested to make amendement and still waiting for there reply, will i be ok once I paid the difference??
You should be okay if HO is able to verify from HMRC that no taxes are due on your account.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pankajkr_ghy1
BANNED

Post by pankajkr_ghy1 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:46 pm

Pls contact your accountant

jyoti_001
BANNED

Post by jyoti_001 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:12 pm

Thx Sushdmetha for your reply.

I spoke with my accountant and he checked the
company detail and found its dissolved now and
Said we can't do anything in this case.

One more thing I like to ask you pls:-

My husbands 10 year will finish a month before
our current leave expire so
Can he go for long residence and can I be
His dependent?
and in 2017 my own 10 year will finish
as well, will that period will count for long residence after getting this
dependent visa?

Thx again

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:49 pm

1. You are in the UK as Tier 1 (General) migrant, not as someone's dependant. You will need to apply to change your status to a dependant.
2. Anyone applying for settlement under long residence cannot include any dependant(s) in that application.
3. If your spouse qualifies for long residence, her may apply for the same and you may then apply to switch to leave to remain as a partner after he is granted settlement.
4. Your stay in UK as a partner of a settled person will count for your own application under LR.

That said, there is no guarantee that HO will not verify tax affairs of applicants applying under LR, if they are doing so yet / now.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jyoti_001
BANNED

Re: 10 Year ILR or 5 Year ILR - Which one is beneficial

Post by jyoti_001 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:39 pm

CR001 wrote:How long has your partner been in the UK?

If you apply for ILR based on long residence, you partner needs to switch to FLR(M) and the clock for ILR will be reset to zero and they will have to wait a new 5 year period before qualifying for ILR.

If you apply as Tier 2 plus dependant (if partner qualifies), then you can apply for ILR at the same time.

Hi cr0001

Just bit confuse about "clock reset to zero" comments..
Will it affect in my below case, pls advice

Came UK in 2007 as student dependent
Got tier1 General in 2010 and later got extension in 2013
Ilr due 2016
Partner planning to apply for ilr on long residency basis next month
Once he gets ilr I am planning to apply as his dependent because not making enough money yet to get points on income
So after getting dependent visa can I apply for ilr on long resdency basis in 2017 as I came in 2007???
Will this clock reset affect my case??

Thx
Again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:47 pm

jyoti_001 wrote:
CR001 wrote:How long has your partner been in the UK?

If you apply for ILR based on long residence, you partner needs to switch to FLR(M) and the clock for ILR will be reset to zero and they will have to wait a new 5 year period before qualifying for ILR.

If you apply as Tier 2 plus dependant (if partner qualifies), then you can apply for ILR at the same time.

Hi cr0001

Just bit confuse about "clock reset to zero" comments..
Will it affect in my below case, pls advice

Came UK in 2007 as student dependent
Got tier1 General in 2010 and later got extension in 2013
Ilr due 2016
Partner planning to apply for ilr on long residency basis next month
Once he gets ilr I am planning to apply as his dependent because not making enough money yet to get points on income
So after getting dependent visa can I apply for ilr on long resdency basis in 2017 as I came in 2007??? Yes, in 2017. The clock reset does not apply to 10 years long residence ILR
Will this clock reset affect my case??

Thx
Again
Also, it is rude to hijack another members post. You already have a thread open with queries and it would be best to keep your questions in one place. Bear in mind that even for long residence ILR, HO still check your tax records.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jyoti_001
BANNED

Post by jyoti_001 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:02 pm

Thx cr001.
I hasn't hijacked anybody post, just added my query which might be helpful to another members, so it's rude to say rude

Thx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:09 pm

jyoti_001 wrote:Thx cr001.
I hasn't hijacked anybody post, just added my query which might be helpful to another members, so it's rude to say rude

Thx
Add your query in your own thread you already have. Even better, I will move it for you! This thread is not a general ILR discussion thread. So if you post all your questions, then it creates confusion and detracts from the original poster's questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

methhyden
United Kingdom

Re: ILR QUERIES PLS HELP

Post by methhyden » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:57 am

jyoti_001 wrote:hi there,

looking for some advice regarding my ilr.

my details are:-

came uk in 2007 on student dependent visa.
got tier1 general in 2010 as main applicant for 2 year showed multiple paye job.
got extended in 2012 for 3 year showed paye + self employed income.

now planning to apply for final ILR which is due in dec 2015.

while preparing I requested my tax history statement to hmrc which i received yesterday and found the company I worked for in 2010 hasnt paid any tax and there is no any record, what I should do to keep safe???

and during my self employement there is a small difference in hmrc and ho figures, but i have requested to make amendement and still waiting for there reply, will i be ok once I paid the difference??

pls share your advice...

thx
jyoti

Hii jyoti

Did u manage to sort out ur sitaution ..I am in a similar situation...no record for my one emploment and tax in 2012.... what should i do ??? I have got employer Letter, Pay slips and Bank statement ???

jyoti_001
BANNED

Dependent of ILR (10 years )

Post by jyoti_001 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:08 pm

Can I apply for ilr??

Came as student dependent in 2007
Switch to tier1 in 2010
Extension tier1 in 2012

Now partner got ilr on his 10 year basis
Can I apply for his dependent flr(m) and
In 2017 when my 10 year will finish I will apply
For ilr.
Can I do that??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent of ILR (10 years )

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:23 pm

jyoti_001 wrote:Can I apply for ilr??

Switch to tier1 in 2010
Extension tier1 in 2012

For ilr.
Can I do that??
I have already answered your question in your OWN thread HERE (Click), the answer is not going to be any different to what has already been advised. I have also asked you previously to keep your questions in your own thread and to stop posting repetitive posts in other members threads. If you continue to do this having already been warned, your account will be closed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jyoti_001
BANNED

Post by jyoti_001 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:31 pm

There is already more than one Pe sons post here and you are there to advice people if u can only nothing else as lots of your told you already so pls help if you can only nothing else as this is very important matters for all the forms user might not be in your case ok thx

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:58 pm

jyoti_001 wrote:There is already more than one Pe sons post here and you are there to advice people if u can only nothing else as lots of your told you already so pls help if you can only nothing else as this is very important matters for all the forms user might not be in your case ok thx
Impossible to understand what you are trying to say here. :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:02 pm

@casa, check PM, this post has been split and merged with the original thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:10 pm

CR001 wrote:@casa, check PM, this post has been split and merged with the original thread.
I know, but I've struggled to understand what the OP is trying to say in the last post. Does it make sense to you :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:18 pm

Nope Casa, makes no sense to me either. The only bit that does is " you are there to advice people" :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jyoti_001
BANNED

English language requirement

Post by jyoti_001 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi,

Naric confirmed My degree is equivalent
to CEFR level C1.
Is that enough to prove English language
Requirement to get settled person
dependent Visa.

Thx

quadusa

Re: English language requirement

Post by quadusa » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:23 am

no

If your degree was taught or researched in English
You can prove your knowledge of English by having a degree that was taught or researched in English.

You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English -- you can use tier point based calculator here

an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English

an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

If you’ve lost your certificate or you’re waiting for graduation

You must have proof that you’ve passed your degree. This can be either:

an original and official transcript with your name, the name of the institution, your degree and confirmation of the award
an original and official letter from your university confirming it can’t reissue your certificate or when it will be issued
Your letter must include:

your name
your degree
the date the degree was or will be awarded

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

jyoti_001
BANNED

Post by jyoti_001 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:39 pm

thx quadusa for ur advice
I did check in pbcalculator and got 10 points
Will that be ok?

Thx again

quadusa

Post by quadusa » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:13 am

yes, if you have the original degree certificate

You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English

jyoti_001
BANNED

ILR Query

Post by jyoti_001 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:05 pm

hi there,

My mate is planning to apply for ILR on 10 year basis, he was student+pws+student(still).
just like to know that since which year HO put work restriction on student visa if anybody remember??

thx

Jas2013
Newly Registered

Post by Jas2013 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:58 am

jyoti_001 wrote:Can I apply for ilr??

Switch to tier1 in 2010
Extension tier1 in 2012

For ilr.
Can I do that??

Hi jyoti_001,

Whats was the outcome of your ILR application?
Any update.

Thanks,

jyoti_001
BANNED

ILR date confusion

Post by jyoti_001 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:33 pm

Hi,

My brother will complete his 10 year in 15/2/16 and his current student visa is valid till June 2016.

Can somebody pls advice that from which date he will be eligible to apply for ilr??

Thx

vinny

Re: ILR date confusion

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:49 am

His 10 years qualifying period started when he initially entered the UK. He may apply for SET(LR) between Monday, 18 January 2016 and before his leave expires. If in doubt, then it may be better to apply after he completes his ten years residence in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.