ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niceguy1
India

ILR Dependent

Post by niceguy1 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for ILR in February but I am getting married in Jan. I was thinking of bring my wife over on tourist visa just till she can apply for the proper ILR dependent. I have two questions:

a) Is it legal to bring her over on a tourist visa? i mean she is clearly not a tourist, she is coming over with her husband. Would UK immigration have issues with this on our future dependent visa?

b) I know that if we are applying from India, she needs to fill form VAF4A. Can she apply from UK to shift the tourist visa to a UK equivalent of VAF4A? If so what is the form? Or would she have to fly to India to apply from there?

I appreciate your help on the matter. I dont want to leave my wife in India once we are married. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Dependent

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:23 pm

a) It won't affect any future spouse visa application but it is unlikely that she will be granted a visitor visa if her husband is in the UK. There have been many refusals of spouses trying to do the same thing. Your wife would not be able to prove her 'strong ties' to home country if her husband is in the UK etc. Her application for a tourist visa will likely be refused.

b) She can only apply for a spouse visa from her home country. There is no option to 'switch' to a spouse visa within the UK for anyone on a visitors visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

niceguy1
India

Re: ILR Dependent

Post by niceguy1 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:33 pm

Well thats disappointing. But thanks.