ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few Necessary questions about Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Address change just after ncs appointment

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:41 pm

seagul wrote:Why address should be where the applicant live?
Because that's what you are asked to enter on the form under Questions 1.16 & 1.17.

You would need to weigh the probability of the the rules changing before you have moved, if you decide to delay the application by a long period of time. Based on the past, Home office fee increases usually occur in April every year, however legislation changes can come into effect at any time. As seen over the last couple of years, rules changes come into effect at different times throughout the year.

If your home move is not imminent, why not just apply now (if you meet the requirements & have all your documents ready) and then notify the Home office of your address change, as suggested before, once you have moved? That appears to be the most straightforward option.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:18 pm

A lot thanks. It means even using friend home address where you can check post but not living is little false information which if known can affect? I am living on pay as you typed accommodation which may end anytime after ncs appointment and while changing can take few weeks which I think is vulnerable in a sense that ukba may not change form or bring a quick policy. I really like your sensible replied that apply now even changing address then update ukba with new address.
Is it a good idea too to keep check the relevant council on fortnightly/monthly basis to check approval for safe side that if ukba approval reach old address/lost in post??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:04 pm

You need to be aware that you will receive correspondence from the home office in between the time you submit your application and when you receive a decision from them on your application. I.e. Acknowledgement letter, biometric enrolment request letter (& possibly other requests for information if they need further information when considering your application), so you will need to be in a position where you are able to receive these letters.

Biometrics need to be enrolled with 15 days of the request letter. But reading the experiences on this forum, I see that they do send out a second request if this is not done within the stipulated time. Checking with council on your approval would be the last stage of the process - so not really something to worry about at the beginning.

The options noajthan has already mentioned to enable this (I.e. informing home office once you move, and then using Royal Mail to redirect your mail over the transition period) are the only ones I can think of. Ideally if you are able to move house, after your biometrics are submitted that would make things much easier for you. The current trend based on the November application timeline thread is that it could take you anywhere up to 2 months to get to the point of submitting your biometrics. Note that this is just a trend, so it may take longer or less time, depending on how busy the home office are, when you apply.

Ultimately, you would need to decide whether any of what's been suggested would be suitable for you based on your circumstances.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:16 pm

seagul wrote:A lot thanks. It means even using friend home address where you can check post but not living is little false information which if known can affect? I am living on pay as you typed accommodation which may end anytime after ncs appointment and while changing can take few weeks which I think is vulnerable in a sense that ukba may not change form or bring a quick policy. I really like your sensible replied that apply now even changing address then update ukba with new address.
Is it a good idea too to keep check the relevant council on fortnightly/monthly basis to check approval for safe side that if ukba approval reach old address/lost in post??
I concur with latest post above.

You still have the obligation to update Home Office of any changes to your address after you apply - as per Q1.16

:idea: You could put someone on the application as your 'agent';
from the guidance it seems this can be a private individual - see Q1.18 & Q1.19

:!: I do not know if doing that will guarantee that all communication & questions from Home Office will be directed to their address.

And after you have applied the council (NCS) cannot give any updates - they do not have that information from the Home Office.

:idea: Think about setting up mail forwarding too, at least for a few months.
You could forward mail from your old address to a trusted friend's address.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:57 pm

cs95tdg wrote:You need to be aware that you will receive correspondence from the home office in between the time you submit your application and when you receive a decision from them on your application. I.e. Acknowledgement letter, biometric enrolment request letter (& possibly other requests for information if they need further information when considering your application), so you will need to be in a position where you are able to receive these letters.

But I can go there to collect the post. Actually I read in board that post office redirect service is not reliable and ukba still send post old address even u update them with new address. If I can get correspondence from my friend home and no guidance prohibit then why not use this formula??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:38 pm

seagul wrote: If I can get correspondence from my friend home and no guidance prohibit then why not use this formula??
But it would go against what is asked for in the AN form & form guidance, if you enter someone else's address, where you are requested to enter your own.

You could possibly also explore the possibility of listing someone as a agent, as noajthan has suggested - see Q18, 19 & guidance. I'm not familiar with the use of an agent & how correspondence is sent if applying through one, so can't really comment any further.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Different living and debit card payment address

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:19 pm

I am extremely sorry for asking everyday questions but you people really give honest brother like advise. So I have a question that if I just moved to a new address 2 days before of my NCS appointment then should I write it at Q#1.16 ???. But on payment slip can I still use my old address where my debit card registered or should I write my same new address on payment slip page even my debit card still not yet registered at new address? Moreover, if I put my new address at Q#1.16 but put old address at payment slip page then where the ukba will send correspondence????
Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Different living and debit card payment address

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:22 pm

It takes 2 minutes to update bank with new address. Suggest you update your address with your bank and put new address in all paperwork sent to HO.

And please don't start a new thread with each question you have. Mulitple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Few Necessary questions about Naturalization

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:53 pm

Thanks for reply. But actually I am physically moving almost same day or next of NCS appointment. So please tell me that if I put old address at payment slip and new address at Q#1.16 then will it be alright? Will the caseworker follow my address mentioned on Q#1.16 or the old address written on payment slip??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:58 pm

New address
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:18 pm

CR001 wrote:New address
Sorry I didn't get you. In above situation what should I do:
1. Put new address at Q#1.16 & old address on payment slip?
Or
2. Put new address at Q1.16 & new address at payment slip?

Does old/new address matter when ukba is deducting fee??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:34 pm

HO follow the application form and this is the address the caseworker will write to. For ease and avoidance of delays, write new address and explain the 'move in' date in the 'additional information' page of the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Too much thanks & sorry for repetitive query as I am highly puzzled. In other words, as long as the sufficient funds in account and give correct debit card details then address (old/new) won't matter on payment slip. Because last time during ILR my debit card was registered at different address than the address I was using for application but the payment went through easily, so, does that same applies here where ukba deduct debit card payment????

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:50 pm

You appear to be overcomplicating this.

You must enter your new address (I.e. the one where you will be living at) under 1.16. This is where the home office will be sending all your application correspondence to.

Normally this would be identical to what you enter on the payment slip - as your card would be registered to you where you live. (Ideally I would try and inform the bank of your address change immediately to avoid unnecessary complications)

The address you enter on this payment slip is purely for the purposes of taking your card payment. This should match the one your bank have on file against your card. I.e. It's the same concept as for example entering your billing address, when making a payment for an online purchase through a website.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:18 pm

Actually I am just moving to new place until the naturalization application process time then will leave again and that's why I won't want to change bank address to new home address. But during ILR application my payment went through even the debit card was registered at different address, now can I do the following:
Of course write new temporary address on Q#1.16 and also write new address on payment slip with the assumption that ukba will deduct fee in same way as they did in ILR time??
I found this interesting thread:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/paying-appli ... 66460.html

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:35 pm

seagul wrote: I won't want to change bank address to new home address.
seagul wrote:Of course write new temporary address on Q#1.16 and also write new address on payment slip.
As you say you will not be informing your bank of your change of address, you would need to enter your old address, where the card is registered to you, on the payment slip. And Not the new address as you have suggested above. As mentioned previously, the payment slip is used purely for payment. And if the address you provide there does not match the one the bank have on record for your card, the transaction may fail when the home office attempt to take the payment. I.e. It's the billing address for the card - as per my understanding.

Independent to this do enter your new address under Q1.16, as mentioned before.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:06 pm

So you mean that write old address at payment slip and new address on Q#1.16. By this way the payment will go smoothly and all correspondence will come at new address instead old address because HO follows application form address??

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:08 am

So please guys what should I do, plz don't ridicule me if I repeat as I need final advise now. Actually almost on ncs appointment I am moving new address where I will live only during naturalization application then passport then travel abroad for sometimes. So I cannot change my bank address to my new temporary address. So in this sense should I put old address on payment slip as a billing address then at Q1.16 write new address or should I write new address on payment slip even card not registered there. If I write old address where debit card registered on payment slip but write new address on Q1.16 then will my acknowledgement, biometrics and other correspondence will arrive at new address as shown at Q1.16??
Need final advise, pleaseeeeeee

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:05 am

seagul wrote:Actually almost on ncs appointment I am moving new address where I will live only during naturalization application then passport then travel abroad for sometimes.
If you have no permanent UK address and are travelling abroad, then you may fail the future intentions requirement, unless you are the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:32 pm

hi again all,
Is there any law/discretion/loophole which extend the deadline of 21 days when the applicant is needed to book naturalization ceremony in circumstances when he is on holidays abroad/lost post of approval letter??