ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Depended Visa-Company Name Changed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

laxmanrao564
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Depended Visa-Company Name Changed

Post by laxmanrao564 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:24 pm

Hi All,

I came to UK on a tier-2 general visa in dec-2013 and I got married recently now.

I'm planning to bring my wife on depended Visa, the only catch here is. Three months back my company name is changed and company has the same registration number as previous. My job role and job, everything is same and nothing has changed.

On my COS it still has the old company name and my salary slips and bank statements are on new name.

Please advice me on what do now? Do I need take a letter from our company saying it has changed the company name? or will there will be any issues with this?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General Depended Visa-Company Name Changed

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Is the company listed in the register of sponsors under the new name? If yes, nothing to worry.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

laxmanrao564
Newly Registered

Post by laxmanrao564 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:43 pm

In the list of sponsors, still the old name is listed. New name is not listed.

Please advice me on what to do now?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:47 pm

Has the change of name informed to UKBA through the SMS. Has HO confirmed acceptance of the change without the need to renew the licence?
If so, then get a letter from the company stating the old and new name and certifying that the change of name without a new licence has been approved by HO.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Has the change of name informed to UKBA through the SMS. Has HO confirmed acceptance of the change without the need to renew the licence?
If so, then get a letter from the company stating the old and new name and certifying that the change of name without a new licence has been approved by HO.
Hi, my company name used to be 'XYZ plc' as mentioned in my current COS, and a few months back its changed to 'xyz' but still a company in its own right. I just checked the sponsor list and the name is still 'xyz plc'. Should I be worried that my HR hasn't reported the change in company name? Will this be a problem for my T2 extension ? Pls advise. Thanks.

laxmanrao564
Newly Registered

Post by laxmanrao564 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:32 am

Our company didn't informed to UKBA about the name change and they are planning to apply new sponsorship certificate with new company name.

Will there will be any issue if I apply with old company name? I don't want to inform HO about the company name change. I just wanted to apply with the old company name and existing cos, please advice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:16 pm

Any mandatory supporting documentation (that must certify your sponsor), if needed for dependant application, containing different names (old and new) will confuse the caseworker. As long as that doesn't happen, you should be okay.

laxmanrao564
Newly Registered

Post by laxmanrao564 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:48 pm

In my bank statements where the salary credits have the new company name, rest everything is on old company name.

Will it be fine to go with the bank statements?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:15 pm

Salary credits in a bank statement (in any name) have no effect on PBS dependant visa .... you need banks statement show maintenance funds ... not to show where the salary is coming from!