ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Surinder Singh

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vweeks
Newly Registered

EEA2 Surinder Singh

Post by vweeks » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:37 am

My husband (UK citizen) and I have been staying in Ireland for over 3 months now.
We would like to move to the UK

The problem is that I am still waiting to be issued a temporary stamp 4 which would extend my permission to stay in Ireland for 6 months whist the EU1 is being decided (my visa expired December 5th).

I asked to get our passports back which they sent with a letter stating my application is still pending.

I would like to apply for an EEA2 card but I'm not sure if I can since my status is still in limbo in Ireland.

My visa has expired and I have not received a temporary stamp, will this be an issue if I try to apply?
Should I just wait for a response?

JAMAA
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: EEA2 Surinder Singh

Post by JAMAA » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:40 pm

Was your husband exercise the treaty by working or self employed during last 3 months.
You may be need Family Permit to come to UK if you are Visa National.
you should apply for Residence Card under Surinder Singh case if your husband exercise treaty and move centre of life to Ireland.

vweeks
Newly Registered

Post by vweeks » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:44 pm

yes we are going the surrinder singh route but i have not received a residency card from ireland and my visa is expired. I may not hear a decision for another 12 weeks.
We would like to move to the uk before then but not sure how to progress

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:25 pm

I don't think just 3 months worth of work will be sufficient, the U.K. Govt is getting really strict now.

I had to live in Dublin for a year to give my husbands application a better chance.
Y not wait abit longer in Ireland just to give ur self a better chance at suceeding when you come by home.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:51 am

If you entered the UK With the expired short stay visa, you will be classed overstayer in Ireland and it might effect your EEA2 so better wait till you get your temporary and move to UK
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:34 pm

Think you should have recieved a COA or temp stamp4 when you applied for the residence card, anyway you should go gack to where you applied for it and query it with them.
You are there legally so just sit tight and wait for that card.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

mefaisalus
Newly Registered

Re: parent settlement visa by 2urinder Singh

Post by mefaisalus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:05 pm

hi there iam british national want to apply for my parent settlements visa from pakistan through ireland by surrinder singh route but need some sadvice i have come across solici tor who are giving you guaranty for this case http://www.immigration-assistance-servi ... pouse-visa has anybody used them if yes please comments or give me some advice wether they are genuine or scam?