ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for Child Born in India....

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khaisar007
Newly Registered

British Citizenship for Child Born in India....

Post by khaisar007 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi Top Team,

I have question on my expecting child citizenship to be born in India in May 2016.

I have attained British Citizenship on Sep 2015 and I got British Passport in Nov 2015.

My wife and elder child(1st Baby) both are on dependent visa and currently are in India.

I am expecting a new born baby in May 2016 and like to know if my new born baby in india can get British Citizenship directly. Cosidering following status Father(British Citizen as on Sep 2015), mother on(Spouse dependent visa).

Your reply will help me a lot.

Regards,
Khaisar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship for Child Born in India....

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Baby will be British by Descent if born abroad after you obtained citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:47 pm

The status of the eldest child will be in line with his mother.

The child expected in May 2016 will be British by descent. As s/he is born overseas, s/he will not be able to pass on British citizenship to his/her own children (your grandchildren).

Timelines on these forums suggest that it takes between six months and a year for a British passport to be issued to a child born overseas. The child will require either a British passport or an Indian passport with CoE-RoA (which takes between six and sixteen weeks) to travel back to the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:50 pm

secret.simon wrote:The child expected in May 2016 will be British by descent. As s/he is born overseas, s/he will not be able to pass on British citizenship to his/her own children (your grandchildren).
This won't apply if the this child's children (OPs grandchildren) are born in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:59 pm

CR001 wrote:This won't apply if the this child's children (OPs grandchildren) are born in the UK.
Correct. I should have clarified that the OP's grandchildren born of his child expected to be born in India, a British citizen by descent, would not be British themselves if they were born outside the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Post by khaisar007 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Thanks Simon and CR001 for quick reply....

Regards,
Khaisar