ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens now......................?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rikabi

What happens now......................?

Post by rikabi » Sat May 04, 2013 10:46 am

So my wife has been granted LTR for 2.5 years as a spouse (visa).

Do I then apply FLR (which one ?) and prove again the same things I prove in the LTR application once the 2.5 comes to an end?

Then after 5 year we can apply for ILR? Does this involves financial requirement etc ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 04, 2013 1:58 pm

After 2.5 years - FLR(M) and then in a further 2.5 years ILR. The minimum finance level must be met at each stage, including ILR.

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Hello

My wife is free to travel back to the UAE to see family etc.

But will this effect her visa if she travels for long periods e.g 3 weeks or effect anything when we apply for FLR? Considering she only entered uk 1 month after the visa was granted.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:58 pm

I wouldn't say 3 weeks is long, if she does that a few times per year I would say it's ok. Absences should be limited and for good reason.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rikabi

Re: What happens now......................?

Post by rikabi » Wed May 28, 2014 5:59 pm

sorry to bump old topic. But would I need to prove financial requirement for FLR with 2.5 years worth of statements or 6 months like previously?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:07 pm

Just the previous 6 months statements for FLR (M)
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:09 pm

We had a child who now holds a British Passport and born in UK. Does that mean I the 18600 thershold still applies or £22000 for FLR? I understand the 22k is for only non uk children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:22 pm

rikabi wrote:I understand the 22k is for only non uk children.
That's correct (E-LTRP.3.1, see definition of child). 18,600 applies.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:00 pm

A new report about South Africa couple in BBC news had me a little worried

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:54 pm

rikabi wrote:A new report about South Africa couple in BBC news had me a little worried
LINK?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:36 am

This one?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:51 am

Wonder why exception 1 did not apply in this case.

The couple have an 18 months old child, which I suspect is British, surely it cannot be reasonable for her to be returned with dad to South Africa.

According to UKBA policy that is not right.

Perhaps his reps did not represent him properly.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi guys

Just a follow question my wife is expiring Jan 2016 am due to extend it. But for most of last year I didn't earn 18600 as I was caring for the baby but for the last 7 months before I apply for the visa I will be earning enough and they only need 6 months worth of evidence. So will this cause any issues? E.g if they ask for p60

Also which English test do UKBA accept now?

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:52 pm

Sorry about double post couldnt figure out how to edit :

Anyway I found the English test list but amazingly according to UKBA test a expired ILETS test did and now expired can be used!

:
If your qualification’s expired
Some qualifications on the Home Office’s list will expire after 2 years. Your qualification will still be accepted as proof if you’re applying for citizenship, even after it’s expired.

If you’re applying to settle in the UK, your expired qualification may still be accepted as proof if it was one of the following:

previously accepted by the Home Office in connection with another immigration application, eg entry clearance
awarded in the UK and is on the Ofqual register
You’ll need to have a certificate confirming your qualification or check that your online results can be viewed by UKVI.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

So that pretty clear English, saying what they accepted for EC is ok FLR. Anyone had experience of this?

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:21 pm

rikabi wrote:Hi guys

Just a follow question my wife is expiring Jan 2016 am due to extend it. But for most of last year I didn't earn 18600 as I was caring for the baby but for the last 7 months before I apply for the visa I will be earning enough and they only need 6 months worth of evidence. So will this cause any issues? E.g if they ask for p60

Also which English test do UKBA accept now?

Hello just bumping to see if anyone has a answer

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:16 am

Read Appendix FM-SE to know what is required. Everything else is irrelevant and has no bearing on the application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Hi I will applying this month or so. This time it is different as I will be applying post, £400 for premium service center !? Anyway, I wasn't sure how Biometrics work, can someone tell me how I apply for this or if its necessary.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:47 pm

If you apply by post, HO will send you a letter to enroll biometrics at the Post Office (cost is £19-20). The letter has a barcode on specific to the applicant and you will need to take the letter with to the Post Office.

The letter can take a few weeks to arrive.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Thanks for promptly replying. I also wanted to ask, I clearly need to prove our existing relationship etc Before I submitted my marriage certificate, do you think it necessary to submit theses again? I plan on submitting pictures and presenting our sons birth certificate.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:20 pm

Have you read the FLR(M) application form thoroughly? To prove a subsisting relationship you are required to submit 6 bills/correspondence etc in joint names showing that you are living together at the same address. These should be spread as evenly as possible over the full 2.5 year period and be from at least 3 different sources. As a general guidance, 1 piece of evidence every 4 months.
If you don't have 6 in joint names, you'll need to submit 12 in single names. Photographs aren't required.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.