ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization application & address change

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prvnrk
England

Naturalization application & address change

Post by prvnrk » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi Gurus & Mods,

We got our ILR on 26th June 2014 (through PEO appointment) for me, my wife (main applicant) & our daughter (born in India aged 9 years). We also had a son who was born in UK(DOB = 22/2/2014) who already got British passport. My wife and daughter applied for Naturalization and its successful and they are gong to attend ceremony on 15th Dec 2015.

1. Now that I'm eligible to apply for Naturalization in both ways (as dependent & also on my own as I completed 5-years in UK with ILR >1 year). Which is easiest and quickest way for me to choose now?

2. I'm going to apply through NCS on 16th Dec. But on 18th we're going to sign a new tenancy agreement for different house (rented) where we will plan to move by end of this month. What is the best way to deal this situation? a) Wait until moving and apply with new address? OR b) Apply with current (old) address and after moving to new house (rented), Inform UKBA the new address?

Highly appreciate any expert advise.

Many thanks in advance!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization application & address change

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:18 pm

1. It doesn't matter through which route you apply, the process is the same.

2. You can add the additional information about your possible move in the 'additional information' page of the form. Alternatively, a week before you move, set up royal mail redirection and then notify HO of change of address. It would probably be easier and no risk of missing post if you apply after you have moved.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prvnrk
England

Post by prvnrk » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:32 pm

Thanks CR001 for your quick expert advise :)
CR001 wrote:Alternatively, a week before you move, set up royal mail redirection and then notify HO of change of address. It would probably be easier and no risk of missing post if you apply after you have moved.
If I plan to apply "after I move", won't I need to wait until I gather all utility bills, council taxes etc. which will take atleast a month or so resulting further delays in applying? OR would Tenancy agreement suffice? We've been staying in the current house for last 5+ years.

regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:37 pm

You don't need those documents for naturalisaiton applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prvnrk
England

Post by prvnrk » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:18 pm

Thanks again.

I applied for Naturalization through NCS on 17/12. I moved to different house (rented) yesterday so would like to inform Home office about change of address. I was told by NCS officer to inform the below e-mail addresses: Are they correct?

citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Also, could anyone please advise any email template to use for this? do we also need to call them on 0300 123 2253 (in addition to e-mail) ?

regards

prvnrk
England

Post by prvnrk » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:41 pm

ok I sent an email to both e-mail IDs. Based on the info mentioned in auto-response I also updated address change details online at - https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml

Later I received a confirmation e-mail that changes will be done within 3 days. Hope that's it then :)

I also did setup Royal mail redirection for 6 months.