ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirement for Further Leave to Remain

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mayaelci
Newly Registered

Financial Requirement for Further Leave to Remain

Post by mayaelci » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi guys,
I'm a bit confused regarding the financial requirements and I just need to understand if what I apprehend from the rules is actually correct (rule 5.3 of the financial requirement). I have been given an opportunity in my career which I have been waiting for for such a long time but my husband's visa for Further Leave to Remain is due in March which means if I accept the new job I would be working with the new employer for less than 6 month at the time of the application ( in fact I would have 2 payslips from the new employer). My new salary will exceed the threshold of £18600.

I have been employed with my current employer for over 3 years my current salary alone doesn't meet the threshold, however my salary plus my husband's salary combined in the past 12 months exceeds the threshold.

As far as I can see from the rules you have to pass the 2 steps test:

1) you have to be earning over £18600 (on my own or joint which mine will be on my own) and

2) you also need to show that in the past 12 months you have earned over the threshold (joint or on my own, which we have earned that jointly). As far as I understand changing my job doesn't really affect us and we would satisfy both steps of the test, am I correct?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Financial Requirement for Further Leave to Remain

Post by Wanderer » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:24 pm

1. Yes

2. Yes
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mayaelci
Newly Registered

Post by mayaelci » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:47 pm

Thank you for your response, so am I ok in thinking there is no harm in me changing my job? Im just really confused with the rules and have read different things... the only concern is at the moment I am not meeting the threshold on my own but meet it if my salary and partner's salaries are combined. Would this be ok? or would they just look at my salary? As far as I understand for further leave to remain you can combine salaries.
Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Joint salaries can be combined.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mayaelci
Newly Registered

Post by mayaelci » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:12 pm

perfect thank you, so the only difference is that we have to provide 12 months of payslips (each) rather than 6 months?