ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application salary scale issue ...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gwsamanbs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

ILR Application salary scale issue ...

Post by gwsamanbs » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi ,

I am willing to apply for my ILR in Feb 2016 . I have a question about my salary scale .. If I explain it
I have applied for HSMP visa on March 2010 and that time I had to show 35k income .But after July 2010 the Immigration rules were changed in relation to salary scales .. my application was refused on November 2010 but I have granted my visa after appeal on March 2011.I have applied for my 3 year extension on March 2013 showing 40k income as the lawyer advised me to do so .He explained that because my first application granted after immigration rules were changed I have to show the income according to the new rules hence I have showed 40k.
But I am in 35-37k permanent income at the moment . my question is what salary scale I have to show for my ILR .can I show 35k as my first application was 35k or should it be 40k ?

Thanks,
Saman

Malik44

Re: ILR Application salary scale issue ...

Post by Malik44 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:14 am

Your income scale will remain same 35K as your initial visa was granted on that scale.

gwsamanbs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Re: ILR Application salary scale issue ...

Post by gwsamanbs » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi Malik ,
Thanks for your reply and I have cleared now that I can show 35k for my ILR..

gwsamanbs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

ILR query...PLEASE ADVICE.

Post by gwsamanbs » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Dear all members ,

I am going to apply ILR on next Feb 2016 and . If I explain my immigration history .

2010-July-1st application -Self employed + Employed-36K -Granted 2011 May after appeal.
2013-Feb -2nd application -Self employed + Employed-41K-Granted at PEO same day

TAX history
=========
2010-July-1st application paid in full .
2013-Feb -2nd application Declared same amount to HMRC and HO. in the SA tax submission but pay less tax showing some expenses.
2 TAX years included to the income period - 2012 Feb to 2013 Jan (2011-2012 and 2012-2013)
when submitting the tax return 2012-2013 after the month January till April I have declared some expenses when I am paying TAX. I hope you will understand.

For my ILR in 2016 I have a full salaried income and no Self-employed and LTD companies included .

My question is should I be worried about my tax history and do I have to bring the SA docs and SA302 or any other TAX related document .

Do you see any issues on my 2nd TAX submission ? would you suggest any TAX amendments

I really appreciate the seniors and experienced members respond to this questions .Please share your experience if you had similar situation when you applied .

Thanks,
Sam

bluecandi
BANNED

Re: ILR query...PLEASE ADVICE.

Post by bluecandi » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Go for amendment.

Doesnt matter you are employed or self employed at your ILR application.

HMRC guidelines states even if its out of year self assessment send them the correction.

There are cases where people didnt amend the returns and ILR is granted however they may find themselves in difficult position when going for naturalisation.

gwsamanbs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by gwsamanbs » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:36 am

Dear bluecandi,

Thanks for your reply and if I amend my TAX ASAP will that update that quick before next Feb . if not updated will that effect to my ILR ?

Thanks ,
Sam

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:44 am

gwsamanbs wrote:Dear bluecandi,

Thanks for your reply and if I amend my TAX ASAP will that update that quick before next Feb . if not updated will that effect to my ILR ?

Thanks ,
Sam
Well after spoken with few people , we all think it should be fine because you have send amendments.

Honestly speaking there are people who didnt even amend the records and got ILR. If you are self employed during your ILR application the highly likely chance is records will be check.

Go to Belfast for PEO appointment :lol: ... they dont care much about anything.

gwsamanbs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by gwsamanbs » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:58 pm

Thanks bluecandi your replies really appriciate ... :)