ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk born baby after parents ILR - passport how to?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

projectile
Newly Registered

uk born baby after parents ILR - passport how to?

Post by projectile » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi All,

Me and wife got ILR in June this year.
We were blessed with a baby this year in Aug.

How do I get about getting passport for the baby.

Do I need to fill in MN1 form?
In FAQ on this site, I see that it says - the baby is british by birth, and you can directly apply for passport.

I got passport form, from postoffice for passport application.

Question 1: Can you please tell, if just this form needs to be filled/sent for baby's passport?
Question 2: What other documents are needed apart from birth certificate, and parent's ILR?

In passport form from post office, I have few questions:

SECTION 4: Parent's details.
It says, if parents are born after 31st Dec 1982, then you also need to give : full name, town,country, date of birth, and date of marriage of grandparents.
Question 3: Do I really have to give my parents details, if I have ILR myself? and my parents are born in India? Do I have to submit any documents to prove their details?
Question 4: Are the details for just my (child's dad) parents or my wife's (child's mum) parents as well?
Question 5: In section 5 of passport form, it says : Has the person been granted certificate of registration or naturalisation? What do I do there? Say "no"?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: uk born baby after parents ILR - passport how to?

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Fill in the passport form. No need to use for MN1.

Page 12 and 13 of the guide tells you what to send (birth certificate, copy of parent passport and ILR BRP).

Question 3: Do I really have to give my parents details, if I have ILR myself? and my parents are born in India? Do I have to submit any documents to prove their details? Yes, you do. If you don't know any details, just write 'date not known'
Question 4: Are the details for just my (child's dad) parents or my wife's (child's mum) parents as well? Either
Question 5: In section 5 of passport form, it says : Has the person been granted certificate of registration or naturalisation? What do I do there? Say "no"? No, because the baby doesn't have one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

projectile
Newly Registered

Re: uk born baby after parents ILR - passport how to?

Post by projectile » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:02 pm

Thanks for super quick response CR001.