ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Extension from India

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Starfish97
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent Extension from India

Post by Starfish97 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:36 pm

Hello,

Hope you are good. I have a question regarding my wife's Tier 2 Dependent Extension application.

Currently me( main applicant) and my wife (dependent) are in UK on Tier 2 General Visa which is due to expire on 31st march next year(2016). She is planning on going to India in February next year (2016), whilst she is in India her visa expires.

Case-1: Can she apply for extension from India assuming my application is successful in the UK

Case-2: Does she has to do a fresh Tier -2 application as she did when she first came to the UK as Tier-2 General Dependent ?

In both cases do I have to show maintenance funds for her Extension ?

Any quick reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Extension from India

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Extension = leave to "remain" application = can only be done from within the UK.
If you do decide to make an entry clearance application from outside UK, make sure such application is submitted before expiry of current leave.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Starfish97
Newly Registered

Post by Starfish97 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:21 pm

Thanks for you prompt reply. I have some more points on this situation.

Any info about the maintenance funds ?

I am planning to apply my (main applicant) Tier-General 2 Extension in march before my visa expires. I presume my wife wont be able to begin her application until I get my visa which would be in April or May. In this case this will be after 2 months her visa has expired. would that be a big problem?

Can she apply for the same visa as she did before which was "Tier-2 General Dependent" ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:29 pm

1. The info about maintenance funds is explained the PBS dependant policy guidance, so please read it.
2. Yes, her ILR clock will be reset.
3. That is the only immigration category she can apply for as your dependant.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!