ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lence
Newly Registered

spouse visa

Post by lence » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi all
In October I got ILR, however my husband is still on PBS dependent visa till June 2016. The problem is his english is not good and he is not able to pass the language test and LIUK. He will be 65 next year in December and therefore will be exempt from LIUK and English test. My question is what is better to do, extend his PBS visa or to wait till December and to apply from our country for ILR after his 65th birthday? Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:54 pm

Asking the same question again won't change the answers you were given in September.

See Here (click)

You cannot apply for ILR from your home country. ILR is ONLY an application that can be made WITHIN the UK. Extend his PBS dependent visa and apply for ILR after he turns 65 as he will then be exempt from the language and LIUK test requirement. Where does your husband reside/live (in the UK or home country)?

I feel my previous advice/post in September was very clear.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.