ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (M) Eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Set (M) Eligibility

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:28 pm

I've already said that you should confirm with the Council that your wife isn't being included in Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit payments. If she is, you should arrange to repay the extra amount before submitting her visa application.
I also said that you can include the benefit payments in your 'adequate maintenance'.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:10 pm

Casa wrote:I've already said that you should confirm with the Council that your wife isn't being included in Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit payments. If she is, you should arrange to repay the extra amount before submitting her visa application.
I also said that you can include the benefit payments in your 'adequate maintenance'.
Many thx Casa, I will confirm with council first thing on Monday regarding CT and HB.

Lastly do I have to send actual HB, CT and Tax credit award letters or Bank statement is enough showing money coming to the account. Do I have to explain my adequate maintenance on a separate sheet or HO will calculate themselves.
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Better to send the award letters. The case worker will make a calculation based on the financial evidence you submit with your wife's application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Yesterday went to NCS but was told this certificate is not approved by Home Office. My wife FLR m visa was approved on the same certificate in Feb 2014. Plz guide me is this correct. Also what are the latest rules :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:54 pm

ESOL is no longer accepted by HO since 19 November 2015.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:54 pm

Now I'm confused! According to this thread, your wife was applying for ILR. How is she now submitting a BC application with the NCS? :?
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:07 pm

Casa wrote:Now I'm confused! According to this thread, your wife was applying for ILR. How is she now submitting a BC application with the NCS? :?
Maybe OP means settlement checking service offered by council :?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:08 pm

CR001 wrote:ESOL is no longer accepted by HO since 19 November 2015.
Thx CR001. So this means a wife has to give another test. This will be her third English test :( . So what other test she has to give now???

I think by the time she qualify for citizenship there will be another change in rules OMG.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Casa wrote:Now I'm confused! According to this thread, your wife was applying for ILR. How is she now submitting a BC application with the NCS? :?
Casa my mistake I meant Settlement checking service.

I was under impression by using I can keep my wife BRP and Passport, but SCS mentioned rules are changed and now they have to send the BRP and Passport along with the application, is this correct ???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:14 pm

aakkoo wrote:
CR001 wrote:ESOL is no longer accepted by HO since 19 November 2015.
Thx CR001. So this means a wife has to give another test. This will be her third English test :( . So what other test she has to give now???

I think by the time she qualify for citizenship there will be another change in rules OMG.
See FAQs English Language Requirement for ILR (click), links to acceptable tests and test providers is in there towards the bottom.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:07 pm

I am still confused as the above mentioned test is in the approved secure English language test and test centre list. In the table 1 row 7 , is this the test my wife has already given ???

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Is below test acceptable by Home Office and can i use the same certificate for Citizenship application.

http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=3220

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:11 pm

aakkoo wrote:Is below test acceptable by Home Office and can i use the same certificate for Citizenship application.

Can someone plz confirm is this the right test plus the test centre and will this be acceptable for citizenship application as well.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:29 pm

Its really confusing to me :(

The above exam is not ESOL exam, its a GESE exam and the exam was given in Trinity College London Holborn or Hammersmith (One of those not sure which one). The exam was given on 14 march 2014 so is there still need to give the exam again :( .

Plus the below mentioned exam is the correct one.

If it is then what's the difference between old certificate and new one. As ESOL will still be written in on new exam certificate along with Graded Exam in Spoken English (GESE).

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:37 pm

aakkoo wrote:The above exam is not ESOL exam, its a GESE exam and the exam was given in Trinity College London Holborn or Hammersmith (One of those not sure which one). The exam was given on 14 march 2014 so is there still need to give the exam again :( .
SELT came into existence only in April 2015.
aakkoo wrote:Plus the below mentioned exam is the correct one.

I believe yes since the website states so!
aakkoo wrote:If it is then what's the difference between old certificate and new one.
Only those who have taken the SELT test and have in their possession a certificate can tell you that.
aakkoo wrote:As ESOL will still be written in on new exam certificate along with Graded Exam in Spoken English (GESE).
How do you know? Have you seen a SELT test certificate for the same examination?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:43 am

Thanks Sushdmehta for the reply.

How do you know? Have you seen a SELT test certificate for the same examination?
I spoken to Trinity College London over the phone and they mentioned ESOL will still be written on certificate.

The Gist of my query is. Can i use previous English pass certificate which was taken in March 2014, picture uploaded.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:45 pm

Only someone who has used such a certificate (non-SELT exam, i.e.- taken before April 2015) on/after 12-Nov-15 can answer that question for you.
Or perhaps you be the first one take the risk and share the outcome here!! :wink:

As I mentioned before, SELT came into existance only in April 2015. And since 12-Nov-15, it is now a mandatory requirement to take a SELT test and that too at an approved center.

Your risk, your choice!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!